1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

How long did your stock clutch last??

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blue-Civic-Hybrid
Or having your wife revving it all the time! I'm not saying my girl does that...but she does...heheh
Revving shouldn't do it. Clutch-hanging does the most wear. Just my take.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:19 AM
I did notice some power going through, its not like rocket ship, but I think I gained like 5whp on a mustang dyno

Last edited by buttersandpaper; 05-03-2013 at 03:20 AM. Reason: misspell
Old 05-03-2013, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by buttersandpaper
I did notice some power going through, its not like rocket ship, but I think I gained like 5whp on a mustang dyno
Thanks, I'm debating putting mine on since I still have the OEM exhaust system. Maybe I will just sell it.... my wife drives my Fit and I never see it anyway...

Old 11-27-2013, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
My 2007 is in the dealership getting its clutch replaced at 136,000 miles.

Just went in for the transmission flush, valve adjustment, oil change and installation of my snow tires/rims.

Went to pick it up and the clutch was slipping bad.

Got them to lover my clutch job down from $1600 down to $1300.

Spent A LOT more for the clutch in our Challenger SRT and that went out at 70K.

I feel I got some good life out of the Fit's clutch. Nice thing about the dealer is the free service loaner I've had for a week. The Pilot doesn't get the same milage as the Fit but the heated seats are sure going to be missed when I get my car back!

Old 12-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Over 244K miles and the clutch is still good, but I lost 5th gear. It keeps popping back into neutral so I'll be putting a new clutch in while it is apart.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Skyway Flats
Over 244K miles and the clutch is still good, but I lost 5th gear. It keeps popping back into neutral so I'll be putting a new clutch in while it is apart.
Make sure you get your mechanic to look at the adjustment of the gear box. In my previous car (mechanical clutch), 1 had a real short 1st gear and then would have the problem of it popping out of first. Even got to the point that I could no longer get it into any gear! I had my mechanic look into it and he simply made an adjustment of the gears and then I got the car back with a longer first gear which I appreciated and never had a gear problem again.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Mines going fine at 147k. Adjusted the pedal because it was at the top before it disengaged but its still fine.
Neighbor replaced his at 125k but mines fine.

I do significantly more hwy than city m-f but the weekend its all city.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
Mine was changed at around 70k miles. Would have lasted longer if it weren't for the turbo. Also I drove the car pretty since I left the dealer with it in 08. I only have 80k on the car right now.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:28 PM
I am at 135k and still going strong.... ended up replacing the entire motor came out cheaper at 100k but besides that clutch and tranny are running strong. I did have a minor scare a few months back when I was driving with a full house to South Carolina from Florida and about halfway into Georgia my 5th gear went out it just kept popping back into neutral. Drove back after working over there for a month in 4th and now its working like nothing ever happen. I happen to think it was the weight of having 5 full grown men and luggage that caused the gearbox to slip or not engage.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
clutch replaced at 75k

Owned Acura's and Honda's for a long time. 75k was a disappointment for clutch life. Mine was the throwout bearing as well as the pressure plate issues. Later, Barf

Old 12-30-2013, 11:04 AM
My first post!

My 06' GD3 shifted it's last at 90000km. No signs of wear - it just stopped working one day.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
I have had the same clutch since 2007 and its still going strong.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:29 AM
Update: Just a week after it hit 200k, my clutch finally fails

Old 04-02-2014, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
Damn I bought my Fit certified from Honda with 69xxx miles on it. Clutch only went about 7-10K before it went out. Put another OE style clutch in. Hopefully this will last a bit longer although I race the car now compared to before.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:11 PM
I think my clutch in my 13 fit sport is slipping, and i only have 28,000 KILOMETERS on it, which is something like 14k miles.... I don't drive full retard, what the hell is going on?

Old 11-18-2014, 05:12 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by OrangeGD3
I can tell you from experience that the clutch kit is probably around $300-400 and the labor is around $1200-1300.
if he's getting the OEM kit its actually more like 125.00. My clutch lasted me DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! 210,000 miles before it fully burned out. That being said. The internet, youtube and a basic general knowledge of cars and a good friend is all you need to fix it. I spent around $200 to replace my clutch including random tools i didn't already have, tranny fluid, The new rear main seal and misc things.

Do it yourself. With the money you will save you can LITERALLY turbo charge your car, buy coil overs, get a set of new VOLKS, or do a slew of other awesome things with your money. Its honestly not that hard. just takes time, patience and the willingness to learn.

when you're done you will feel much much much more in touch with your car and you will know it literally inside and out.

Old 10-07-2018, 04:31 PM
I found this thread looking for pricing info on a clutch job, but figured I'd throw out there that my '07 is on the orig clutch at 274,471 miles on the odo. (I wouldn't believe that, but I bought this car new from the dealer.) I am apparently driving on borrowed clutch time, haha.

The car is shifting just fine, no slipping, no grinding, but I feel like the clutch is getting thin just based on the pedal at startup. I have to press the pedal to the floor to start, as it should be, but when the car was newer there was some leeway. If you didn't mash the pedal all the way, or if the floormat slipped up under the pedal and created a shim/gap the clutch still allowed the car to start. Now, there is really no room for error. If the clutch pedal isn't mashed 100% to the floor the car won't start. Does that sound diagnostic enough that I should plan on the clutch job very soon. I need to look up the procedure and see if the job is something I can handle, having never done one and having never removed a Honda engine and trans.

Old 10-07-2018, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vdubya
I found this thread looking for pricing info on a clutch job, but figured I'd throw out there that my '07 is on the orig clutch at 274,471 miles on the odo. (I wouldn't believe that, but I bought this car new from the dealer.) I am apparently driving on borrowed clutch time, haha.

The car is shifting just fine, no slipping, no grinding, but I feel like the clutch is getting thin just based on the pedal at startup. I have to press the pedal to the floor to start, as it should be, but when the car was newer there was some leeway. If you didn't mash the pedal all the way, or if the floormat slipped up under the pedal and created a shim/gap the clutch still allowed the car to start. Now, there is really no room for error. If the clutch pedal isn't mashed 100% to the floor the car won't start. Does that sound diagnostic enough that I should plan on the clutch job very soon. I need to look up the procedure and see if the job is something I can handle, having never done one and having never removed a Honda engine and trans.
That sounds more to me like the clutch switch has moved some after all of those clutch cycles.

Somewhere on the clutch pedal assembly, up under the dash, you should see a plunger type switch that gets triggered when the clutch pedal is pushed. Just sounds like it needs to be moved so that the clutch doesn't have to be pushed in as far.

AFAIK, the car has no way to know where the actual clutch location is. There aren't any sensors in the bellhousing that I'm aware of. The ECU gets it's information from the pedal and hopes that the clutch is doing what it is supposed to do.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:04 AM
My first 2005 honda Fit went 235,793 miles before I had a problem with the clutch....it was all smashed up from being hit head-on in an accident, Twice!

Old 10-13-2018, 09:46 AM
I just changed mine at 80k miles, it was still shifting fine but the thrust bearing was annoying the hell out of me, so I got it done when I did the input shaft bearings.

Quick Reply: How long did your stock clutch last??