Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   1st Generation (GD 01-08) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/)
-   -   Radio display flashing off with left turn signal!!! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/87982-radio-display-flashing-off-left-turn-signal.html)

Illmatic07 02-28-2015 09:24 PM

Radio display flashing off with left turn signal!!!

Hey ladies and gents, I need some help. When I use my left turn signal with the headlights off, my radio display flashes off and on. I checked and I have no bulbs out or anything. When my marker lights and headlights are on the problem goes away. Anybody else experience this or have any thoughts? I do have a side marker bulb out on the right side that I keep meaning to replace, but the timing of that going out doesn't coincide with the timing of the display problem.

bargainguy 03-04-2015 08:08 PM

Wow, that's nuts. Here's what I would try:

1. See if both turn signals are working from the outside, with lights on and lights off. If they're not, or if only one side works, suspect a short / bad relay / etc.

2. If both working from the outside regardless of lights on/off, replace the marker bulb. Couldn't hurt, and it'll bring you up to safety standards anyway.

3. After that, I have no clue, other than your radio is getting some kind of bleedthrough/interference from the L blinker. Radio might be suspect. I think I still have my original 2008 factory head unit somewhere (I replaced mine with an aftermarket unit) if you need a replacement.

Illmatic07 03-05-2015 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by bargainguy (Post 1295387)
Wow, that's nuts. Here's what I would try:

1. See if both turn signals are working from the outside, with lights on and lights off. If they're not, or if only one side works, suspect a short / bad relay / etc.

2. If both working from the outside regardless of lights on/off, replace the marker bulb. Couldn't hurt, and it'll bring you up to safety standards anyway.

3. After that, I have no clue, other than your radio is getting some kind of bleedthrough/interference from the L blinker. Radio might be suspect. I think I still have my original 2008 factory head unit somewhere (I replaced mine with an aftermarket unit) if you need a replacement.

Thanks a lot man.

frank438 11-23-2015 03:30 PM

Try wiggling the keys around when the car is running and see if it replicates the problem. I haven't yet had this occur with our Fit, but I had a Chevy that had a similar issue (turn on the wipers and the radio cuts out). Turned out the ignition switch had gone bad. Bad ignitions can have weird symptoms, like the one you describe. If while wiggling the key gently you have the same thing happen, my money would be on ignition.

dwtaylorpdx 11-23-2015 05:19 PM

My fit will turn the radio off for a second if i put pressure in the bottom of the steering column just below the ignition switch, i suspect a bad/loose connection in mine.