1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

New Fit owner!, Couple Questions

Old 05-04-2015, 02:53 PM
Question New Fit owner!, Couple Questions

hey guys, i found myself in a harsh Canadian snow storm with a girlfriend crying because she smashed my baby ( 02 Toyota celica). with a quick hunt for a new car to come, i started searching. there was a couple things that i really loved about my old car; it was standard, great fuel economy, and it was fun to drive. but the things that i hated, NO HEAD room, No Passengers.

so after siting in and driving a bunch of cars and being un appreciative of them, my dad points me to this tiny black car in the corner of the lot. a 2007 Honda Fit Mt.

i looked at the outside of the car, and wondered, How am i going to fit my 6'7" self into that with room for passengers. Who would have thought, that with the seat adjusted to my liking, there was more room in the back seat than the comparable mazda 3's and toyota corolla.

So as I'm sure you can guess, i love this car, huge windows that i don't seem to duck anymore to see green lights. tonnes of room and standard. amazing options for the seats and man, still fun to drive.

after owning this car for a couple months, i put in an armrest that i picked up for 60 off ebay as well as the old head unit from my Celica. looks great and has the NAV for the girlfriend.

couple things about my fit,
this thing looks like it got killed in a hail storm. i bet i could keep multiple golf balls in place on my roof and make a turn.

as well as paint chips. I've been reading theres very thin paint on the car, whats the best way to maintain all of it?

i washed my car to see a lot of finger print stains and roof rack stains. how can i get these out?

also
in the future i plan on putting new speakers all around. ( my front two are blown)
so any ideas and help would be appreciated.
i have done many car audio installs and usually do everything myself
ps Subwoofer.

I've heard a lot of people using bazooka tubes, or something similar, not sure if I'm a big fan of them, id rather make a box or thinking of using some sonotube for my 10" p3's

ps. whats the difference between GD and a GE?

Thanks a bunch Brandon

Old 05-08-2015, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
to answer your speaker question:

this is what i did to my fit and am 100% satisfied in terms of speaker. Polkaudio DB651
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-...-tutorial.html

and here are the differences between GD and GE

GD is the first generation Honda Fit.

GE is for the 2nd generation Fit.

GE8 is the chassis code for the USDM 2nd gen Fits and i believe GE6 is for a specific model outside the US.

GD3 is the USDM first gen fits chassis code.

Old 05-09-2015, 01:30 AM
Welcome to fitfreak. you never said which model base or sport. I'd do components in front/2ways rear. pick speakers with deck or models for amping.