1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

gauging any interest in rear strut bar & sway bar

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 03:54 PM
gauging any interest in rear strut bar & sway bar

hello all just wondering if anyone would be interested in a custom RSB and rear strut tower bar? Im going to fabricate a prototype, the rear strut bar would be 1.5 to 3 inch thick of steel tubing. the RSB will be 1 inch thick with solid end plates. if anyone likes my design ill start fabbing up more made to order including whatever paint you want at an extra cost. it will come painted black if custom color we can work on that. Ill have a prototype by next weekend. im also going to be working on a X brace for the rear that can attach to the strut bar as well......

So just an update, the RSB worked very well but for daily driver and the road conditions it was not suitable. So there was a lot of stress and something had to give so bar snapped on one end of the welds. So it was back to the drawing board and we figured just like cusco, progress, and etc there had to be a bend so that way there is a little flexibility. So today we finished prototype version 2. Lucky for us we have all the material, and a mandrel tube bender.

Last edited by mangosmoody; 07-25-2017 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by mangosmoody
hello all just wondering if anyone would be interested in a custom RSB and rear strut tower bar? Im going to fabricate a prototype, the rear strut bar would be 1.5 to 3 inch thick of solid steel tubing. the RSB will be 1 inch thick with solid end plates. if anyone likes my design ill start fabbing up more made to order including whatever paint you want at an extra cost. it will come painted black if custom color we can work on that. Ill have a prototype by next weekend. im also going to be working on a X brace for the rear that can attach to the strut bar as well......
I'd be interested!

Old 07-11-2017, 04:32 PM
1.5 to 3 inch thick of solid steel tubing. ......
not interested, but I think something is either solid steel *rod*, or steel tubing. Tubing isn't solid, it's hollow; rod is solid. In Canada anyway.

Old 07-11-2017, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by radioarno
not interested, but I think something is either solid steel *rod*, or steel tubing. Tubing isn't solid, it's hollow; rod is solid. In Canada anyway.

thank you i didnt realize it as i was typing it has been edited.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
How much would the rear sway cost?

Old 07-12-2017, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by derykisonder
How much would the rear sway cost?

im trying to make it reasonably priced, still getting materials should be in by tomorrow or friday ill have to see after its all said and done.

Old 07-13-2017, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
for what it is worth, the progress rsb has been out for a decade so your product would have to innovate on that in some way for someone to purchase your product over the progress piece.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
for what it is worth, the progress rsb has been out for a decade so your product would have to innovate on that in some way for someone to purchase your product over the progress piece.
Can't be higher than $150 shipped either.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:55 PM
Can't be higher than $150 shipped either.

it can be any price you're just basing that price from progress which is understandable. Progress is the cheapest one out there compared to all the other ones but again ill decide when its all said and done. If someone doesn't agree, that's ok that's on them. Ill still have my bar when it boils down to it.

Old 07-13-2017, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
it can be any price you're just basing that price from progress which is understandable. Progress is the cheapest one out there compared to all the other ones but again ill decide when its all said and done. If someone doesn't agree, that's ok that's on them. Ill still have my bar when it boils down to it.
You will still have it but the point is it if it's more expensive than something that is proven why would someone else gets yours and not get the progress one?

Old 07-13-2017, 06:42 PM
You will still have it but the point is it if it's more expensive than something that is proven why would someone else gets yours and not get the progress one?

again thats the other persons decision im not knocking that. But you are basing it on ONE company which is progress and the cheapest on on the market, thats fine as i stated it before. CUSCO, beatrush, ultra racing all have the same product and more expensive but people are still buying them and thats ok. IM just saying when i finish the product I will decide what the cost will be after getting materials and time added together, the deciding factor wont be based on what YOU want the price to be. Again i made the thread to see if anyone would be interested after seeing the finished product, if not thats ok i have no problem with that.

Old 07-15-2017, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
Interested in seeing how this turns out. Already have the Progress RSB though.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by domoMKIV
Interested in seeing how this turns out. Already have the Progress RSB though.
well guys finally got everything together, still needs some fine tuning as far as looks go. I will say though with both bars I noticed on my car less bounce in the rear for some reason, which Is good going over major bumps. Turn in is very sharp before my car used to sway a lot in the rear, a lot less flex in the rear for sure. Everything feels solid and this is just street driving. Not sure if I will sell these or not just for the fact I don't want to deal with headaches of people telling me what to do with the product, how much it costs etc. I made this prototype for me right now. I am very happy with the results and the way the car handles now. If anyone is in the central fl area and would like to compare set ups to what they have and differences from theirs or mine to test drive I don't mind. It's good solid R&D. For the RSB we went with just a straight across design, it's beefy and solid so bends and clears the bottom. So here is our finished prototype from sweat shop....

Last edited by mangosmoody; 07-21-2017 at 07:08 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:13 PM
very nice.

Old 07-21-2017, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by radioarno
very nice.
thanks!!, still work in progress.

Old 07-24-2017, 06:37 AM
5 Year Member
Nice job. I wish I was in Florida. I would stop by to see it.