1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Rear wheel bearing hub - which one to buy in the US ? (for a Japanese car from EU)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 02:09 PM
Rear wheel bearing hub - which one to buy in the US ? (for a Japanese car from EU)

Hello,
Recently I bought a used Jazz 2003 with a noise coming from the rear wheel bearing. After some research I discovered it's a common problem for this model.
I will soon visit the US where I want to buy two bearings to bring to my country (from what I gather, the price there are between 20-40$ while buying where I live or shipping here can be much more costly >100$)

My question is - how do I look for the correct part? simply searching amazon/ebay (sellers in the us) for "Honda Rear Hub Bearing jazz" gives 0 results, because in the US the model is named "Fit"
Then changing the search to include "Fit" isn't very helpful either because most of the items are for honda fit 2007 or later and I'm not sure if they will fit (no pun intended)

Then I tried searching for the part number which I think should be "42200-SAA-G01" (I'm not sure if it's the correct one and if it's the only correct part number... would be happy if someone more knowledgeable could approve this). And again, no luck, I couldn't find any relevant parts.
Another bit of information, I have drum brakes (in case someone could help me to search for a specific item to buy online)

I will be there until 19 Aug (so I have less than 3 weeks to order and deliver the items to my place) so I think the only viable option is to order items from sellers in the US. Also, maybe there are other viable options except amazon/ebay?

Thanks in advance.

P.S - I created a similar thread in the clubjazz.org forum and one of the members suggested to post in this forum also because there might be more knowledge about the US here.
Here is the other thread - https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=9367.0