Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   1st Generation (GD 01-08) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/)
-   -   Is this a good price for ignition coils? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/96671-good-price-ignition-coils.html)

User1 09-18-2017 05:47 PM

Is this a good price for ignition coils?

Hello all,

I'm trying to get up to speed on the car bought. Been car-less for over 12 years!

So I'm nursing a Fit back to respectability and driveability and I have a check list that I'm following. One of the items on the list is to replace the ignition coils. Looks like Hitachi is the go to for this car. I'm just narrowing down the best price right now. I found AutoZone for $73; Best Ignition Coil Parts for Cars, Trucks & SUVs

And Rockauto for $43, but it doesn't say if that's for one or four! :confused:
2007 HONDA FIT 1.5L L4 Ignition Coil | RockAuto
Rather obvious for someone that's been in the mix for awhile. Kinda confusing for noob!

Which is the better buy here? Any other coils I should consider?

GAFIT 09-18-2017 05:57 PM

Those prices are for one and you'll need 4.

Stick with Hitachi or Denso for coils for the Fit. I bought from Amazon because we are Prime members and get free shipping.

That being said, if the car isn't misfiring, I would not replace the coils. They usually work or don't. I mean, if you're trying to restore the car or something, go for it. Otherwise just replace if they fail.

User1 09-18-2017 06:16 PM

Yeah that was what I was doing, just replace what is needed from inspections. I posted the question and about valves too. On the manual it said "When they're noisy" for the valves (page 173). Granted you kinda take the inopportune time out of the equation by doing preventative maintenance.

It's amazing the price difference between the two above.

GAFIT 09-18-2017 06:43 PM

Local auto parts stores charge an extreme premium for the convenience of buying local.

I stopped using them years ago. I support local businesses anytime their prices are within any semblance of normal. The chain auto parts stores are no longer getting my business because their prices are generally triple what I can find online. I'm all for businesses making a profit, but their margins are no longer reasonable.

User1 09-19-2017 12:54 AM

OOOOHHHHHHHHHHH............... I thought AutoZone's price was for 4 plugs, but I guess that's not the case? Back in my day we used to buy "sets" of plugs. Not 1-4 plugs.

I went ahead and started a parts order with RockAuto. Just to be sure I got the right parts so far.......

4 - NGK 6774 {#IZFR6K13} Laser Iridium plugs
1 - GATES K050448 {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} Premium OE Micro-V Belt
1 - GATES 38011 {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} DriveAlign Premium OE Pulley

I'm wondering if I should go ahead and spring for the ignition coils? ~$170 I see why people are freaking about the price.

Carbuff2 09-19-2017 08:09 AM

Parts list looks OK to me, just make sure the pulley doesn't rub when it's installed (before fitting the belt). I had to install a washer on my replacement pulley bolt because the pulley rubbed on the mounting arm. (sorry, don't remember the brand)

Don't forget to Google a Rock Auto Discount code before ordering. You can ALWAYS get 5% off.

Regards the coils...if you sense any slight sputtering at cold idle, that's the time to order. (You won't have any codes.) Hold your hand over the exhaust you can feel the misfire there, too.

User1 09-19-2017 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Carbuff2 (Post 1381092)
Don't forget to Google a Rock Auto Discount code before ordering. You can ALWAYS get 5% off.

Regards the coils...if you sense any slight sputtering at cold idle, that's the time to order. (You won't have any codes.) Hold your hand over the exhaust you can feel the misfire there, too.

Yeah actually it runs a little rough when it's cold. Just assumed that was the way things worked.

I don't see where and how you get this 5%. Is this after you've created an account? I was just about to click through paypal steps too and remember this. That's my shipping there!

GAFIT 09-19-2017 11:04 AM

Here's a code that is active till tomorrow. I should have a new one when this dies if you need it.

491DE1CF932A65

User1 09-19-2017 11:07 AM

I'm just not seeing where it is suppose to be entered...................

GAFIT 09-19-2017 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by User1 (Post 1381109)
I'm just not seeing where it is suppose to be entered...................

Enter in this box...How Did You Hear About Us?

User1 09-19-2017 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by GAFIT (Post 1381110)
Enter in this box...How Did You Hear About Us?

What box?

I heard about you guys after googling questions and you guys coming up alot.

GAFIT 09-19-2017 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by User1 (Post 1381116)
What box?

I heard about you guys after googling questions and you guys coming up alot.

On the page with your cart at Rock Auto there is a "Where did you hear about us" question with a dialogue box next to it. Enter the code in that box.

User1 09-19-2017 11:53 AM

OK I just got a hold of someone at RockAuto and yeah, you put it in the box that is is asking; "How Did You Hear About Us?". Not sure how anyone is suppose to figure that out! :thumbups:

Thanks I'll get that going now :D

Carbuff2 09-19-2017 03:49 PM

I found another code (see, I TOLD you they are EVERYWHERE)

5% Discount Code: 24D334C37BB462
Expires: October 7, 2017

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. Please note that orders using discount codes must be placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount.