1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Honda Fit 2007 very sick

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 04:02 PM
Wink Honda Fit 2007 very sick

Hi

My name is Fred and I'm from Canada ( Sherbrooke, Qc ) and I decided to suscribe this morning after following this forum for a couple of years. First of all I'm french and my english writing is not perfect so please dont be hard with me

I am a owner of a 2007 Honda Fit with 290,000KM (180000miles ) and I am starting to have issues with the car. This car has been so reliable on me for many years and also very economical but I'm facing Head Gasket and Input Shaft bearing problems.

My questions is should I move on a newest car or it worths to spend on fixing it? I have read a lot on this forum about problems with this generation but Head Gasket problems seem very rare...

The frame and body are in good conditions for a 10 years car

Anyone else had recently Head Gasket problems? I'm driving it every day for a couple of weeks and it's not overheating but I'm expecting the worst...

Old 11-06-2017, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
Are you positive it has a blown head gasket? Oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil?

If it definitely has a blown head gasket, my recommendation depends on your mechanical ability.

If you can do it yourself, buy a low mileage drivetrain out of a wrecked car and swap the whole thing in. That will be much cheaper and easier than repairing the two issues.

If you are going to rely on mechanics and will be paying $100+/hr labor, time to trade it in and get something else.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by RedFit82
Hi

My name is Fred and I'm from Canada ( Sherbrooke, Qc ) and I decided to suscribe this morning after following this forum for a couple of years. First of all I'm french and my english writing is not perfect so please dont be hard with me
Welcome here, btw your English is far, far better than many here in the States!

Good luck with your Fit.

Old 11-08-2017, 03:26 PM
Hi,

There's oil in the coolant. Since my mechanical abilities are pretty limited I will have to bring it to my service center if I ever decide to keep the car..

I had the car serviced last July and the guy that worked on the car was absolutely positive that the Head Gasket was to be replaced. A friend of mine suggest me to put a stuff in the coolant ( head gasket leak sealer ) and since then the car never overheated or showed symptoms of failure...for now

Probably time for a brand new Honda

Old 11-13-2017, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
Je suis de Montréal, salut!

I replaced the input shaft bearing myself. Totally doable. Might as well do the clutch if the transmission is off. I bought an exedy clutch off amazon for about 150$. Input shaft bearing and oil seal is about 30$ for both. My mechanic took out the transmission and gave it to me and I did the repair then gave him back the transmission.

Bonne chance!