Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   1st Generation (GD 01-08) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/)
-   -   07 Can't Get it Started (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/98792-07-cant-get-started.html)

BLP 08-09-2018 08:36 PM

07 Can't Get it Started

Sorry this post is my first. I dont know where else to turn lol

Searched the forum heavily and havent been able to find a solution to my issue. Here's what im dealing with:

Have owned my 2007 Fit for about 30k with no issues. Currently @ 117k. Drove the car around with no issue yesterday. Even changed the oil. Parked it after work, came out this morning and it wouldnt start... Car turns over fine it just wont fire.

Checked the immobilizer. Operating as it should with no issue (from what I can tell)

After a brief troubleshooting session I came to the conclusion it was most likely a dead fuel pump.
- Couldn't smell fuel after repeatedly trying to start it
- Couldn't hear a fuel pump kick on
- Accessed the fuel pump and disconnected the lines. Turned the car on to see if i would spray fuel in a bottle and nothing.
- Fuse was good, relay clicked, etc...

Ultimately decided to buy a new fuel pump ($60). Installed it and still can't get the car to fire. What am I missing...

Thanks in advance

xxryu139xx 08-09-2018 11:33 PM

stupid question? did you try to jumpstart it?

GolNat 08-10-2018 02:29 AM

Is the CEL on?

BLP 08-10-2018 09:22 AM

No CEL and yes I tried to jump it.

GAFIT 08-10-2018 10:37 AM

Have you tried pulling a spark plug out, re-connect the coil and see if you get spark when turning the key? Will need two people.

doctor J 08-10-2018 12:19 PM

Is check engine light on with engine off key on?

upallnight 08-10-2018 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by BLP (Post 1409336)
Sorry this post is my first. I dont know where else to turn lol

Searched the forum heavily and havent been able to find a solution to my issue. Here's what im dealing with:

Have owned my 2007 Fit for about 30k with no issues. Currently @ 117k. Drove the car around with no issue yesterday. Even changed the oil. Parked it after work, came out this morning and it wouldnt start... Car turns over fine it just wont fire.

Checked the immobilizer. Operating as it should with no issue (from what I can tell)

After a brief troubleshooting session I came to the conclusion it was most likely a dead fuel pump.
- Couldn't smell fuel after repeatedly trying to start it
- Couldn't hear a fuel pump kick on
- Accessed the fuel pump and disconnected the lines. Turned the car on to see if i would spray fuel in a bottle and nothing.
-
Fuse was good, relay clicked, etc...

Ultimately decided to buy a new fuel pump ($60). Installed it and still can't get the car to fire. What am I missing...

Thanks in advance

But did you check for power at the fuel pump connector? Did you check for Ground at the connector? Fuel pump won't run if there is no power or ground.

Jared592 08-10-2018 04:33 PM

Might be worth a shot, though I'm not sure how you could've tripped it:

GolNat 08-10-2018 04:42 PM

Unplug the crankshaft sensor and see if it starts. A bad one can cause a crank no start condition.

BLP 08-11-2018 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by doctor J (Post 1409388)
Is check engine light on with engine off key on?

CEL is on with the key in the on position. Goes off when you try to start the car.

Borrowed my friends OBD Scanner and it did throw P0302 cylinder 2 misfire

BLP 08-11-2018 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by GolNat (Post 1409411)
Unplug the crankshaft sensor and see if it starts. A bad one can cause a crank no start condition.

No change with unplugged crank shaft sensor

BLP 08-11-2018 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by upallnight (Post 1409402)
But did you check for power at the fuel pump connector? Did you check for Ground at the connector? Fuel pump won't run if there is no power or ground.

Fuel pump is running

upallnight 08-11-2018 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by BLP (Post 1409493)
Fuel pump is running

I'm assuming now that the fuel pump is running you need to check for spark at the plugs and an injection pulse at the injectors.

BLP 08-11-2018 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by upallnight (Post 1409495)
I'm assuming now that the fuel pump is running you need to check for spark at the plugs and an injection pulse at the injectors.

Replaced the plugs and tested the coil packs. Tested three total. 2 didnt spark, 1 did. After that i figured im replacing all 4 anyways.

Does any one else find it weird (and highly unlikely) i would lose a fuel pump and a couple ignition coils at the same time?

GolNat 08-11-2018 07:47 PM

That is weird and highly unlikely. Loosing more than one coil pack is odd but also a fuel pump!!! Honda fuel pumps are very robust! I’m wondering if you have another issue and it’s not these isolated things.

BLP 08-11-2018 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by GolNat (Post 1409525)
That is weird and highly unlikely. Loosing more than one coil pack is odd but also a fuel pump!!! Honda fuel pumps are very robust! I’m wondering if you have another issue and it’s not these isolated things.

Fully agree. Running out of options... car had no issues. Changed oil around noon (oil levels are fine). Drove it home from work at 5pm. Parked it at 6pm. Cranks but wont fire at 7am the next morning

GolNat 08-11-2018 08:13 PM

How did you test the immobilizer? I believe it will still allow the car to turn over but cuts fuel and spark.

It also can have a code and not show a CEL.

In the service manual low key fob voltage could be an issue.

BLP 08-11-2018 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by GolNat (Post 1409529)
How did you test the immobilizer? I believe it will still allow the car to turn over but cuts fuel and spark.

It also can have a code and not show a CEL.

In the service manual low key fob voltage could be an issue.

i just watched the dash light. Solid then goes off. No blinking.

Only code was P0302 but ive never had a CEL so im not convinced its relevant to my current issues.

Car didnt have a service manual so I dont have one. Only have 1 key for it.

nature boy 04-17-2021 07:15 PM

did you find the problem? my mechanic said under dash fuse box bad and rewired something with a jumper.

BLP 04-18-2021 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by nature boy (Post 1459019)
did you find the problem? my mechanic said under dash fuse box bad and rewired something with a jumper.

It was a dead fuel pump. Issue was in the fuel pump assembly replacing the fuel pump alone didnt solve it