1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

rear suspension springs (Upgrade?)

Old 08-18-2018, 05:27 PM
Question rear suspension springs (Upgrade?)

Well, it seems months of using my 08 GD3 as a mobile pa transport has left my rear suspension in disarray. I'm reading that the Tokico HTS seems to be a favorite around here as far as the shock goes. Has anyone done a custom pair of rear springs for their fit or any car? Any recommendations on companies? I know this is different than what most people do with their small cars but I basically am using my fit like a truck at this point. I want to leave the height right around stock but be able to throw the PA in over the back seats and not have to worry about a sagging backend. I'll probably end up doing the front as well in the near future as in my experience fixing one thing make the weakness of another seem more apparent. I welcome any advice or opinions!

Old 08-21-2018, 06:34 AM
5 Year Member
Swift springs might be able to put together a custom spring rate for you, worth a phone call anyway!
Swift Springs USA |

Old 08-23-2018, 02:58 PM
I have progress springs with Tokico HTS and have gone on a 2000 mile road trip loaded with a cooler and camping gear. Also a full 3 piece band's equipment with 3 of us in the car and there was no rubbing or excessive sagging in either trip. I installed this setup last October and it's been great.

I'd be very interested to see what your find out if you call Swift. Im considering a K swap and with investing in HTS struts just last year, I don't want to go out and buy coilovers to get a higher spring rate up front to support the larger motor.

Here's a picture of it loaded with camping gear from our road trip. Wasn't meant to be "hey look how well it sits" type of picture, but you get some perspective from it.