1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Ksport review?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 06:01 PM
Ksport review?

I am looking at replacing my set of suspension with ksport, has anyone ever dealed with the company and brand? They are fully adjustable (what I was looking at) and I can find them cheaper than tien. I can’t seem to find a lot of reviews on the systems.

-VictorHash

Old 01-08-2019, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
vsb80-c1as2 - $833.25
VSB80-C1AS2 - TEIN Dampers - Flex Z - Race Consulting Agency - PARTS | KNOWLEDGE | PASSION

if the ksports are significantly cheaper than $833.25 shipped ..... roll the dice and give it a try. one thing is for sure, there is a strange lack of reviews on ksport coilovers, for honda fit

Old 01-08-2019, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
vsb80-c1as2 - $833.25
VSB80-C1AS2 - TEIN Dampers - Flex Z - Race Consulting Agency - PARTS | KNOWLEDGE | PASSION

if the ksports are significantly cheaper than $833.25 shipped ..... roll the dice and give it a try. one thing is for sure, there is a strange lack of reviews on ksport coilovers, for honda fit
so it could be a reason why, either they are really bad or they are the secret squirrel of suspension.

-VictorHash

Old 01-09-2019, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
just for referencing "secret squirrel" (which im sure 90% of people here dont know what/who that is), I'm gonna rate the thread a 5 star

Old 01-10-2019, 07:29 PM
:
just for referencing "secret squirrel" (which im sure 90% of people here dont know what/who that is), I'm gonna rate the thread a 5 star
Lol.

Old 01-11-2019, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by VictorHash
I am looking at replacing my set of suspension with ksport, has anyone ever dealed with the company and brand? They are fully adjustable (what I was looking at) and I can find them cheaper than tien. I can’t seem to find a lot of reviews on the systems.

-VictorHash

Based on my experience having k sport coil overs on my 240sx. Mind you they where purchased brand new back in the day early 2000s.

When I first swapped them out they where replacing tein lowering spring with KYB shocks.

Back to the k sports, they where extremely stiff on the ride comfort, I’ve had stiff suspension but that one topped them all. Don’t get me wrong I’m sure they have gotten better but if your gonna spend on a good quality suspension coilover I would stick to the proven brands like tein cusco or hks, your gonna pay alittle more but you pay for what you get. I learned that with k sports

Old 01-11-2019, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
I vote victor goes for the k sports. it'd be nice to have a ff member, provide a decent review

Old 01-11-2019, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RixAE86
Back to the k sports, they where extremely stiff on the ride comfort, I’ve had stiff suspension but that one topped them all.
This has nothing to do with quality. Spring rate and shock design is where this resides and K sports are tuned more more track, stance crowd. If you want comfort stick with a lower spring rate coil over. I had KW's on a Civic and they were stiff but they were meant to run on the track and had nothing to do with build quality.

How did they hold up to daily driving? (adjust for west coast and southern states. New England and rust belt)
How many miles on them?
Any issues with coil bind?
Customer service if you had to contact them?

I can say my KW's I had on my Civic looked damn near new when I took them off to sell them and I bought them used but they use high quality metal and a special coating. My Teins had less mileage and years on them and didn't look as good. The Tein's for the Fit are soft IMO and you could feel it around corners and over bumps. The K sport are probably stiffer then most so look for spring rates and shock design. Are you going to run a hella flush setup with no wheel gap? Then go stiffer. Are you tracking? Go stiffer. Are the roads you drive frequently trash? Go softer? Lots of things to take into consideration.

Give them a try and see how you like them. Suspension comfort and handling is personal thing that until you try it out you won't know for sure.

Old 01-11-2019, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
the other day golnat, someone told me "tein sucks" .... I immediately responded with:

-tein flex? basics? tein super compacts? etc
-mono tube? twin tube?
-fully adjustable? thread type?

surprise surprise.... they knew nothing of the above. all they know is ... too stiff, cant go that low, rides bouncey.... lol

Old 01-11-2019, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
surprise surprise.... they knew nothing of the above. all they know is ... too stiff, cant go that low, rides bouncey.... lol
Lol, exactly. Companies get bad reviews because it didn't meet peoples expectations on things that are either subjective or out of the design the company was going for.

Now that I have had fully adjustable sleeve style coil overs (Tein) and regular ones (KW) I prefer the sleeve style. Twin tube and softer springs for daily but when I went really low the soft springs would cause rubbing issues (not Teins fault). Also changing bushings and top hats changes the subjective ride comfort. Many mods you just have to try it and if you don't like it sell it. Of course comparing the same coil over for two different cars is difficult as they will be different.

Old 01-12-2019, 03:06 AM
I’m tempted to buy them. I’m not taking a huge hit but still money.

Ksport CHD160-KP Kontrol Pro Damper System https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004SL3D9C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Y-zoCbJAB8TET

im still looking around for a set...for the price I’m pretty curious. One review.

-VictorHash

Last edited by VictorHash; 01-12-2019 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Added screen shot
Old 01-12-2019, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member
for $222 .. .... damn worth a shot

Old 01-12-2019, 09:51 AM
for $222 .. .... damn worth a shot
thats what I was saying. And free shipping. It says 4 total, but I keep thinking they will only send one. Maybe it’s old model, I have visited the website directly and shows them still there but for 500 or so.

-VictorHash

Old 01-12-2019, 11:09 AM
wow dude...snag em....if you dont plan to go full drop on them *. thats the price of lowering springs. it seems to good to be true, but the listing implies fronts and rears since its listing spring rates for both.

about a month back i got a tanabe touring medalion on amazon for $200...listing said one left just like those coilovers do..i was sure i was going to get a scratch n dent or something but got a muffler in perfect condition. they might be sitting on someones shelf and theyre tired of looking at them. just make sure when you click buy the price is the same...ive had stuff sitting in my basket before that went up in price.

* the only thing i remember hearing bad about ksports coilovers, and i dont remember which model it was, but in the scion xa/xb world a couple of dudes had them, and the shocks or struts would blow when they went full drop. i cant remember how soon, but i believe it took at least several months. they had to do the whole thing of sending the unit(s) back to ksport to see if it fell into their "warranty" for replacement, which would take weeks to get something back. of course these are 2 different car makes, but the xa/xb was strut up front and beam out back, the same as a Fit...just some info to keep in mind.

Old 01-12-2019, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
Wow that price is crazy!! Amazon will back you up at least if it is not what is advertised.

Originally Posted by eulogy
had to do the whole thing of sending the unit(s) back to ksport to see if it fell into their "warranty" for replacement, which would take weeks to get something back. of course these are 2 different car makes, but the xa/xb was strut up front and beam out back, the same as a Fit...just some info to keep in mind.
This is a good point to consider. One reason I went with the FLex Z. They are not rebuild-able but I don't want to take it off the car, put stock back on, send it to Tein (California of course), then put it back on. If it blows out of warranty send them money and they send you a new shock for cheaper and faster then shipping the bad one to them.

Old 01-12-2019, 04:58 PM
It’s very much tempting to pick them up for the price. I think I spent more on my k&n air intake than I will if I buy these coil overs. I kind of want to get it towards more of a track day, but for now daily driver and upgrade it until then.

-VictorHash

Old 01-12-2019, 05:02 PM
Worst thing was I ordered a ton of parts while my oldest and I are at the children’s hospital...well I should of went with slow shipping instead of 2 day. Hopefully he and I will be back home sometime next week so he can help me slap the slotted rotors and brakes along with a vavle adjuetment...maybe a set of suspension for the fit. I’m doing a little research here and there but I keep getting somethjng about k20 and k24 engines. I’m a still a little confused on them. I’m not sure maybe a crankshaft pulley will be next order in the next few days.

- VictorHash

Old 01-14-2019, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
$214 .... its getting more tempting isnt it

Old 01-14-2019, 10:20 PM
$214 .... its getting more tempting isnt it

and it went up to 900 when I was planning on ordering it today. Fuck me.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
ya snooze .... ya ..... dont get a steal on coilovers.

whats the next move?

Quick Reply: Ksport review?