2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Well it's official for the CR-Z...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
Well it's official for the CR-Z...

HONDATA Flashpro being released in early December for both MT and CVT models all over the world. I have the very first post in the CR-Z subsection of their forum asking about the possibility of this porting over to the GE8.

PLEASE JUMP OVER THERE and show some interest. If you do, I'll e-hi5 you.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:38 PM
Link?

10char

Old 11-17-2011, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
Old 11-18-2011, 12:20 AM
Thank you sir, posted.

Old 11-18-2011, 12:25 AM
5 Year Member
Going check it out. I'm still absolutely pissed that they won't support the Fit GE.

And posted.

Last edited by Jamy; 11-18-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
Thought you meant the CR-Z forums thread ---> Hondata FlashPro for CR-Z - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
The CR-Z owners want to be able to tune their IMA systems too, we'd be happy just for the Flashpro.
Vendors have been taking pre-orders, it's on AJR too.

As a side note that Mugen CR-Z looks real nice ---> Jeremy Clarkson tests the Mugen Honda CR-Z - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
youtube vid link ---> Jeremy Clarkson tests the Mugen Honda CR-Z [Powered Up 2011] - YouTube

Registered and posted on Hondata. I read on the CR-Z forums that there would be a way of eliminating rev hang? I'd be in just for that alone.
Ofcourse being able to free up some hp, particularly when using aftermarket intake/exhaust, etc. would be great also.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
Posted. That Mugen CRZ isn't bad at all.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
damn makes me want a crz just like that or even better the setup in the fit like that!!!!

Old 11-19-2011, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
that site admin is rude on there... i bet hondata doesn't realize that there are many more honda fit sales compared to the crz...

Old 11-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by Vash
that site admin is rude on there... i bet hondata doesn't realize that there are many more honda fit sales compared to the crz...
Agreed.

Posted back as a response on Hondata.

There should be way more interest in this thread on Fitfreak and on there as well for the amount of posts I see on "GE8 tuning", etc. People really need to get in there and post, email, etc to make this a reality.

I personally don't wish to do any reflash on my car at this time, but feel that it's my responsibility to encourage them for those that do, since it seems there are quite a few people that are interested in this.

After my Fit's been released from "daily" status I will really be looking for some tuning options, so hope for the future.

Old 11-19-2011, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
How discouraging. That site admin clearly doesn't see the potential on GE's

Old 11-25-2011, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
posted as well

Old 11-25-2011, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
You guys are funny.

if

So I'm guessing that there is a post on a Fit forum somewhere encouraging people to post here.

It make no difference at all that the engines are both L15. This does not decrease the amount of work that it takes to make a FlashPro.
is rude, you guys are some sensitive little girls. There's nothing rude (or particularly nice) about it... he/she is just stating a fact (and observation).

And as for them supporting the Fit... seriously? have you looked at the subsections they created? It's quite clear they wouldn't have had intentions on doing it for the Fit, because the Fit is both MARKETED and generally accepted as a different type of car than the ones they target.

so what if there's a larger sales volume than the CRZ... the odyssey, CR-V have larger sales volumes too! You think they should make one for those vehicles? Utility does NOT factor in. Mere sales cannot factor in.

The person that buys a CRZ, does NOT buy it for utility... it's for the "sporty" impression of it. These are usually people that can and ARE WILLING to spend for something like tuning. Where as the Fit... well, the majority buy it to be thrifty.

Using this forum as some sort of "proof" of tuning interest is silly. Sure, there's some 56k+ members here... MANY of those were "one post wonders" that have vague interest in the Fit. Many of the rest post out of interest in resale value, comfort and utility, not "raciness" of the Fit.

If you were to do an actual head count of the people that want tuning... would you still believe it justifies it? As a fan of the car, I'm sure you would... but as a realist, I doubt it.

edit: just to be clear, I'm not saying they shouldn't do it for the Fit... just that the justifications posted so far... aren't all that good.

Last edited by Goobers; 11-25-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:16 AM
5 Year Member
Goobers, yet they made a FlashPro for the automatic R18 Civic based from the FlashPro for the Si. So is the R18, automatic of all things, Civic purchased as a sporting model by the masses? Or fits into the mold of the cars that they do target based on their subsections? If they did it for that vehicle, then the potential is there for it to happen with the Fit since they decided to do it with the fail CR-Z. The motors are more alike between the Fit and CR-Z then they are for the K20 and R18 Civics. Interesting that there is not even 1 other post in their subsection for the CR-Z asking about the product.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:07 AM
I am interest and is less cost vs the Js it will be 10+ better

Old 11-28-2011, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
............. Interesting that there is not even 1 other post in their subsection for the CR-Z asking about the product.
Exactly.

A good portion of the CR-Z owners are mainly interested in how many mpg's they can get. Don't get me wrong there is a portion of CR-Z owners who do mod their cars. There's a thread over on the crz forums, and according to those posts there are many owners showing interest in the Flashpro release so it remains to be seen how well it will sell. (Just as a side they're doing some real nice mods to the CR-Z.... Noblesse kits, Bisimoto turbo in the works, even read that some one use it as a home generator. ) I've been spending a little bit of time over there.

As for the GE8's, pardon my ignorance but wouldn't the SE Asian market make it worth it for Hondata? Or do they not really use it? Cause I've seen some sick performance mods from the Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
^^ they already made a bisimoto turbo for the crz. It debuted at sema last year. I believe it made 600+hp

Old 11-28-2011, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
Consumer Bisimoto Turbo kit? The GB thread below was started a few months ago in July, and is still going on.... and they will only get 200hp.

from Bisimoto Turbo Kit - $5,050 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
Originally Posted by Scorch
I received this email a couple weeks ago and forgot to post it. I'll let Julio elaborate on the kit. If there are enough people interested in the kit. I will start making a list.

From Julio @ Bisimoto

I am working out the final logistics of doing a street-able Bisimoto turbo kit for the CRZ with Bisi

The Bisimoto turbo kit will produce 200hp (to the crank). Producing about 171 to the wheels. Will work with factory motor being why it is limited to 200crank hp but will be upgradable for enthusiast who want to build their motors as well. This kit will only be available for stick shift.

Bisimoto will be accepting 75% down starting now. This will get your name reserved on the list. Please call 888-922-6686 if you have any questions reguarding payments or questions in general. There is no deadline for the product at the moment. We will wait until their are 10 confirmed individuals.

BISIMOTO TURBO GROUP BUY

If you would like to be put on the GROUP BUY LIST please PM me.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:15 PM
People aren't buying the CRZ for sportiness. Then again, people aren't buying the CRZ at all.

To not offer aftermarket support for the Fit is ignorant IMO, and i'm not a "Fit Fanatic" or anything, I just own one. Every day I see modded Fits, maybe once or twice i've seen a CRZ with anything done to it.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers

so what if there's a larger sales volume than the CRZ... the odyssey, CR-V have larger sales volumes too! You think they should make one for those vehicles? Utility does NOT factor in. Mere sales cannot factor in.

The person that buys a CRZ, does NOT buy it for utility... it's for the "sporty" impression of it. These are usually people that can and ARE WILLING to spend for something like tuning. Where as the Fit... well, the majority buy it to be thrifty.
your right goobers! your absolutely right! but wait!...early honda civics in the early '90s weren't made or targeted towards the "racey" crowd eaither. i wonder if there was a goober back then also that tried to talk sense into these people who were trying to mod little grocery getters. good thing those early modders listen to the goober of their time and stopped modding their grocery getters. otherwise people might of looked at the honda civic in a new light and actually make aftermarket supports for them. oh wait....

Quick Reply: Well it's official for the CR-Z...