Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-gen-ge8-specific-fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning-sub-forum/)
-   -   Takeda CAI (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-gen-ge8-specific-fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning-sub-forum/69632-takeda-cai.html)

2012FitTexas 01-13-2012 01:59 PM

Takeda CAI

I just bought mine on ebay through their bill me later program 6mo no interest.
Anybody have this on their car and does it help in MPG or HP?

TAKEDA COLD AIR INTAKE 09-11 HONDA FIT POLISHED | eBay

DoYouFit? 01-13-2012 02:27 PM

I have this and it opens up the lower end, and improves mpg. Sounds great when you rev it, and goes bwah when :vtec: kicks in, and bbwwwwaaaahhhhh when you get close to redline. I think you will enjoy it :D

2012FitTexas 01-13-2012 02:43 PM

Sweet can't wait. It should be in next week sometime

2012FitTexas 01-13-2012 03:32 PM

@RevToTheLine you should check out the BillMeLater payment option on Ebay it gives you 6 months No Interest and instantly gives you a $250 credit line. There is no monthly payment obligations you just pay when you want and have 6 months to pay it off. How do you like the Tanabe Springs and how much drop did it give you?

Goobers 01-13-2012 04:53 PM

If I'm not mistaken, don't CAIs and SRIs in Fits get negated by the ECU after some time? I mean, without a re-tune, doesn't the ECU adjust the fuel trim until the MPG numbers are within some range the ECU checks, which ends up cancelling any HP that was gained when the CAI/SRI was first installed.

2012FitTexas 01-13-2012 04:59 PM

Rev those Springs look good. I already bought Tein springs which drop it 1.6" all around so i'm hoping that's what it will look like.

Goobers I am not sure either I will have to look into that but it does give it a really nice sound if it ends up not helping MPG or HP

Goobers 01-14-2012 10:28 AM

Well, supposedly Sprintex has decided to release a USDM compatible version of their supercharger... whether or not it actually comes out... i dunno.

Lyon[Nightroad] 01-16-2012 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Goobers (Post 1064227)
If I'm not mistaken, don't CAIs and SRIs in Fits get negated by the ECU after some time? I mean, without a re-tune, doesn't the ECU adjust the fuel trim until the MPG numbers are within some range the ECU checks, which ends up cancelling any HP that was gained when the CAI/SRI was first installed.

Negative. ECU will adjust fuel trim in closed loop. Will not adjust fuel in wot open loop. Air flow is power, if you can get more air in there you will make more power, fuel is an afterthought. There is enough extra fuel in the 12.5:1 stock open loop that the first extra ~10-15% air flow will result in additional power. Problem is, you can't get 10-15% air flow with the engine NA. It's volumetric efficency is already too high for a 4v sohc that spins at 6.8k

When we talk about making power, we rarely talk about fuel as a limiting factor. We spend thousands to get extra air, hundreds to get extra fuel.

The only way the ecu could 'detune' our mods is to lean it out below 14.7:1. There is absolutely nothing in the ecu to cause this. It's pretty damn rich for NA to begin with in open loop and closed loop will always be 14.7:1 and you don't care about closed loop for power too much anyway.

What Honda has given us is essentially the perfection of 4v sohc non direct injection. You will not find much power without fundamentally changing the engine. IHE is not going to cut it.

preludetofit 01-17-2012 08:29 PM

Horsepower in a stock l15=fail without a turbo. Enjoy the awesome looks you get when people hear your car and expect something a little...faster. The CAI sounds amazing and I haz vtec again

Lyon[Nightroad] 01-17-2012 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by preludetofit (Post 1065398)
Horsepower in a stock l15=fail without a turbo. Enjoy the awesome looks you get when people hear your car and expect something a little...faster. The CAI sounds amazing and I haz vtec again

Don't discredit the l15a7/8 too much. It really is great for what is. Yes, its not much power in comparison to the rest of cars. But in comparison to engines of similar design and displacement its pretty freaking awesome. I mean come on look at ford give them a 1.6 liter engine, dual overhead cam, and direct injection, and they BARELY make more power. Hell their tubocharged fiesta st is still going to be slower than my fit was.

preludetofit 01-17-2012 09:37 PM

Trust me I love my GE8 and the fun it is to drive. It is sadly not much slower than my 5th Gen Prelude was before I built it. I'm honored to have my post answered by the only turboed USDM GE8 owner. Major props for that.

2012FitTexas 01-18-2012 03:41 PM

Today Is The Day!!!! Takeda CAI should be delivered this afternoon can't wait to get off work and get it installed

2012FitTexas 01-18-2012 09:01 PM

So I got the Intake installed and it sounds amazing and you can definitely feel the increase in HP right away

2012FitTexas 01-19-2012 11:45 AM

For some reason couldn't get pictures to show up on here so just click the link

Flickr: TexasFit's Photostream

2012FitTexas 01-19-2012 11:53 AM

I can do that.

2012FitTexas 01-19-2012 12:27 PM

There is a newly paved road with no cars by my office so I was able to go through the gears pretty good. So I uploaded the video hope you enjoy

Flickr: TexasFit's Photostream

DoYouFit? 01-19-2012 03:17 PM

Glad you're liking it.

wetphoto 01-21-2012 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by RevToTheRedline (Post 1064408)
This has been a talk for a while, but honestly I've never seen Fit bolt ons that really make much of a difference period, Sport Compact or one of those magazines had a article on GE8 bolt ons in which they put everything available from the intake, exhaust, pulleys, plugs, I think it made like 9hp on the dyno

To me the gains aren't important or I would have kept my turbo VW where a couple hundred bucks gets me 50hp and a couple thousand gets me 100's more.

For me the Intake which I don't yet have as mentioned will be purely for sound, as well as an exhaust. I did have a Tanabe exhaust on order once but it was backordered in all of America for like 2 months, other stuff came up in the mean time and I canceled it, maybe I can get that back on order some day.

Maybe just maybe one day, but I'm not holding my breath.. We may get a GE8 bolt on turbo but it hasn't been looking promising.

Yeah, I have never had a CAI that makes a power difference that you can actually feel in your butt. Sound, however, is much better, and on my Solstice, got 2-3 mpg more with the Fujita CAI. All the Solstice owners in the club got the same mileage increase with their Fujita's.

thc888 01-21-2012 02:32 PM

Hi, I have done the same for my 98 CR-V in addition to a super charger. it was very fast for pickup due to more air for early torque pick up. That being said, having CAI without forced air induction, how much real additional HP and torque can we gain from the stock engine? According to the K&N website:
K&N High Performance Lifetime Aftermarket Air Filters - Automotive and Motorcycle Air Filters
its replacement filter can improve air flow and may get your up to 4 HP gain. Isn't that what CAI will provide? But it only costs about 35 bucks free shipping from Amazon:

Amazon.com: K&N 33-2422 High Performance Replacement Air Filter: Automotive

Giving the Fit air intake channel is rather short and simple, are we achieving the same affect install either CAI or this K&N replacement filter, unless we go further with forced air induction?

Any advice? Love to get a mod that really make a difference since the Fit is already fun to drive car.

2012FitTexas 01-21-2012 03:52 PM

Yes just the CAI is about 4 HP and the torque goes up around 5 but it just seems to have more acceleration than it previously did and sounds really good so I'm happy with it