Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-gen-ge8-specific-fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning-sub-forum/)
-   -   Hondata for GE8 (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-gen-ge8-specific-fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning-sub-forum/79985-hondata-ge8.html)

cyanosis 10-14-2013 05:16 PM

Hondata for GE8

I emailed hondata recently asking about the progress on this or if it was even in development...

and...

There is currently nothing in development for this vehicle, sorry. Thank you for your interest.
if you want this and are willing to pay for it, i STRONGLY suggest you email them sales@hondata.com and tell them specifically what you're looking for.

development is driven by demand. no demand, no development.

cyanosis 10-14-2013 05:57 PM

additionally, I was told that

It would have to be numbers in the hundreds.
in terms of demand, so until another vehicle that's popular with tuners shares ECU architecture... we're going to need a lot of GE8's to ask for it.

Wanderer. 10-14-2013 06:15 PM

We've got a thread going on this but I'm on my phone and refuse to search for it lol. We've sent emails, requests, demands, prayers.

They aren't budging.

cyanosis 10-14-2013 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Wanderer. (Post 1205912)
We've got a thread going on this but I'm on my phone and refuse to search for it lol. We've sent emails, requests, demands, prayers.

They aren't budging.

5-10 people asking isn't going to cut it.

mike410b 10-14-2013 06:40 PM

Even if 326 people from this site ask, how many will actually lay down the $695 + Tuning costs?

If I were Hondata I wouldn't consider doing it without a bunch of non-refundable deposits.

cyanosis 10-14-2013 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by mike410b (Post 1205916)
Even if 326 people from this site ask, how many will actually lay down the $695 + Tuning costs?

If I were Hondata I wouldn't consider doing it without a bunch of non-refundable deposits.

exactly. agreed on both points.

the only way we would ever pull it off would be to do a "group buy" kind of deal and even then..... it's not going to happen.

FitStir 10-15-2013 10:53 AM

555sexydrive (sp?) got the ball rolling a few years ago when Hondata released their Flashpro for the CR-Z, a few of us posted on Hondata's message board, and emailed them directly.

Wafulz resurrected that, and people emailed Hondata again, he's even got an interest thread with dozens of "interested" members.

GD3's just got theirs last yr or so?

I highly doubt they sold hundreds of Flashpro's for the CR-Z's...

If Hondata wants a deposit, or full payment... a few of us would do it, but I'm sure 99.99% of this forum wont.

cyanosis 10-15-2013 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by FitStir (Post 1205989)
555sexydrive (sp?) got the ball rolling a few years ago when Hondata released their Flashpro for the CR-Z, a few of us posted on Hondata's message board, and emailed them directly.

Wafulz resurrected that, and people emailed Hondata again, he's even got an interest thread with dozens of "interested" members.

GD3's just got theirs last yr or so?

I highly doubt they sold hundreds of Flashpro's for the CR-Z's...

If Hondata wants a deposit, or full payment... a few of us would do it, but I'm sure 99.99% of this forum wont.

it would be interesting to see if we could set up some kind of deposit with them but most people aren't willing to put down money for a product that won't show up for 6 months.

then again, maybe we can do a kickstarter for it!

cjecpa 10-15-2013 02:40 PM

Sales figures for the CR-Z

Honda CR-Z Sales Figures - GOOD CAR BAD CAR

Must be the percentage of CR-Z owners that modify their car is greater then the Fit owners.

Honda Fit Sales Figures - GOOD CAR BAD CAR

cyanosis 10-15-2013 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by cjecpa (Post 1206033)
Sales figures for the CR-Z

Honda CR-Z Sales Figures - GOOD CAR BAD CAR

Must be the percentage of CR-Z owners that modify their car is greater then the Fit owners.

Honda Fit Sales Figures - GOOD CAR BAD CAR

i doubt it. I think that they share ecu architecture with the gd3 so hondata figured there was a larger userbase to deal with.

If any other darlings of the tuner world end up with our ecu setup then there might be a chance. If not, I really think that the kickstarter idea might do it.

Carthik 10-17-2013 11:42 AM

What are the cuurent engine management options for the GD8? Are there any ECU options on the market for the GE8 currently? Even if just a standard non tune-able flash? Anything in development?

Wanderer. 10-17-2013 12:20 PM

No full tuning options. Reflash is available from sources overseas if you don't mind shipping your ECU to Asia :D

Carthik 10-17-2013 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Wanderer. (Post 1206447)
No full tuning options. Reflash is available from sources overseas if you don't mind shipping your ECU to Asia :D

I'm surprised our mapping is the same as Asia? Honestly, if I can 100% get rid of any throttle input delay and adjustments, I'd seriously consider it. Only problem is downtime, I'm guessing these ECUs aren't as cheap as P28s now, lol.

Carthik

Wanderer. 10-17-2013 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Carthik (Post 1206451)
I'm surprised our mapping is the same as Asia? Honestly, if I can 100% get rid of any throttle input delay and adjustments, I'd seriously consider it. Only problem is downtime, I'm guessing these ECUs aren't as cheap as P28s now, lol.

Carthik

Not sure if mapping is the same, if anything it's probably "cleaner" (emissions). I am not sure if anyone's actually gotten in to take a look? Not sure if any US GE8 people are running of the Japanese reflashes, there are several companies who offer them though.

There are several throttle controllers available if you search the forums, tons of topics on this.

FitStir 10-17-2013 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by cjecpa (Post 1206033)

I'd say there's a definite higher percentage of CR-Z owners modding... :thumbups:
But overall their sales numbers are so much less....

Maybe they (Hondata & JR) thought that the CR-Z would be a sell out, hence the Flashpro & super charger availability? Maybe one was pushing the other. I highly doubt either has sold over 100 units total (probably not even combined). I do hope I'm wrong though.

JR/Kraftwerks also made a super charger for the GD3, a model which only had 2.5 years (max 3yrs - as the 07 Fit was available from early spring of 2006) of sales... yet, as per Alpina's recent reply from them, they have no plans on making one for the GE8. I'm not knocking any company (actually giving them props for the support), just stating facts. The determining factor will always be how many people will actually buy the product(s).

Some one just posted up sales of the GE8 in the US, see below:

Originally Posted by Steve244 (Post 1206455)
Within the US:

Even if the percentage of GE8 owners interested in modding their cars is x times lower than the GD or ZF1 (CR-Z), taking overall sales in to account, the GE8 possible market is quite big (and I'm not even talking about Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and other countries that do mod the heck out of their GE8's).
I don't really believe that lack of interest/support excuse anymore either.... I think they got bit with the GD3 & CRZ and didn't recoup as much as they expected to, and are now "gun-shy" about the GE8.... imo.

Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, I still think Hondata will release a Flashpro for our GE8's.... eventually. Hopefully :D

Originally Posted by cyanosis (Post 1206037)
i doubt it. I think that they share ecu architecture with the gd3 so hondata figured there was a larger userbase to deal with.

If any other darlings of the tuner world end up with our ecu setup then there might be a chance. If not, I really think that the kickstarter idea might do it.

Actually as per Hondata the GE8 ECU is more similar to the TSX ECU (the one they released Flashpro for last year). And even though the GE8 engine is most similar to the CR-Z, Hondata says the ECU is way different.

Originally Posted by Carthik (Post 1206451)
...Honestly, if I can 100% get rid of any throttle input delay and adjustments, I'd seriously consider it. ....

If you mean throttle/rev hang, from what I recall with 1 GD owner, they were able to get rid of most of it but not completely... double check the GD-Flashpro threads.

bunz559 12-02-2013 05:56 PM

i believe the lack of interest in dishing out the cash from the FIT community is the largest factor. it's everything. the FIT has become one of Honda's most successful selling cars with over 4 million sold world wide. but the number of consumers buying this car for tuning and hobby purposes is limited.

how many can find a completely stock USED FIT on craigslist? i am sure there are tons. now compare that to an FA5 4 door civic si... most are either mutilated or have some kind of modification. this shows that although there are a lot of us on this forum that are interested, there just isn't enough for the market to produce and make money on compared to other vehicles. the lack of owner interests' has created a lack in manufacturers' interests.

Schoat333 12-03-2013 12:33 PM

By the time they release hondata for the fit GE8, I will have moved on to a different vehicle.

mightyjoefit 12-18-2013 09:40 PM

now see, this is my kinda convo. i know my post count is low, but i am pretty damn good at tuning with crome, uberdata, kpro, hondata and a few for the domestics.

i want to compare the recent ecu's (and soon by the way) so i can see what exactly the setup is. im not 100% yet (cause i never even thought i would be talking about tuning a fit lol ), but im sure kpro would work as far as modifying timing/fueling and the such.

But like i said, not sure and i havent dont enough digging yet. So dont call me goofy names yet. lol

FitStir 12-19-2013 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by mightyjoefit (Post 1215459)
...but i am pretty damn good at tuning with crome, uberdata, kpro, hondata and a few for the domestics.

Keep us updated on your findings. :thumbups:

mightyjoefit 12-19-2013 03:20 PM

i did some searching and a lot of reading...the two ecu's are pretty much completely different. although both generations share the same engine with no changes between the two, honda felt the need to change the internals/wiring of the 2nd gen ecu's.

im not satisfied with this, im goin a step further...gonna get my hands on 2 fried ecus to compare for myself!