2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Sprintex Supercharger Install

Old 02-21-2018, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Noxm09
Same issue I had I kept blowing oil out of the pulley seal. It took me 3 months to get my rebuild back. They installed a relief valve to avoid blowing the seals, installed a seal on my by pass, and replaced all seals and so far its amazing.
3 months? Wow, did you send yours in when they were at their busiest? Before I sent mine in, they listed on their FB page (Jan 22nd) that there was a 10 (business) day “lead time” from receiving it to shipping it back out, so I had been hoping to already have it back by now. I guess other folks also needed their attention around the same time.

Originally Posted by DanDRuiz

So all of you guys that had JBP rebuild the supercharger, how much did all of the work you had performed cost? It looks like there’s varying levels of work done, too - just curious.
It seems like for us “early adopters” there’s a modification that’s included, something to do with a vacuum leak, that Sprintex supposedly fixes later on.
It was the following:
$320 SC Rebuild Parts
$425 Labor SC Rebuild
$65 for the bypass upgrade
$120 for the pressure valve upgrade.
$86 for the snout upgrade.
+ Shipping and Oil it totaled close to $1.1k
That sound pretty much like what I’m having done... maybe the bypass is different though, we’ll see. My overall labor is estimated at 6 hrs.

Speaking of ealy adopters, who got S/N 000000? Or, is there even a 0?

Old 02-21-2018, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
3 months? Wow, did you send yours in when they were at their busiest? Before I sent mine in, they listed on their FB page (Jan 22nd) that there was a 10 (business) day “lead time” from receiving it to shipping it back out, so I had been hoping to already have it back by now. I guess other folks also needed their attention around the same time.

It seems like for us “early adopters” there’s a modification that’s included, something to do with a vacuum leak, that Sprintex supposedly fixes later on.

That sound pretty much like what I’m having done... maybe the bypass is different though, we’ll see. My overall labor is estimated at 6 hrs.

Speaking of ealy adopters, who got S/N 000000? Or, is there even a 0?
I am 002 and yes mine had a terrible vacuum leak before.

Old 03-02-2018, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
Finally, they finished the repair and got paid ($3 over 1k, since I didn't do the "pressure valve upgrade"). They said it can be shipped today.

I'll be so happy to no longer have to borrow/drive an abused 19 yr old Pathfinder that's leaking oil from a head gasket, has a busted suspension system (one of the dampers broke at the mount, while the mounting bolt is bent at an angle too), missing one-third of the lights on the instrument panel and dash, etc., that's also costing me some 40% more in gas while slowing me down everywhere I go.

The PF actually gave me the urge to buy an HRV. But the PF isn't mine, so I wouldn't get any trade-in for it (keeping the Fit also). Plus, the HRV might be getting a facelift or mid-year model changes soon.

Last edited by Goobers; 03-02-2018 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member
Took a while, but got the supercharger back and reinstalled.

The confusing thing was they had a piece of paper saying the sc didn’t have oil, but another piece of tape below saying it was filled. I checked the dip stick and there was something... a blue liquid. With a bit of comparison with the bottle, I’m guessing it’s their lubricant/oil.

Made a slight goof when installing... I went to start the engine, thinking I was done, but the car refused to keep running. Turns out I had forgotten the return tube next to the vacuum valve. Once I got it on, all was well again. Yay.

Feels good to be driving my Fit again.

Old 03-07-2018, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Goobers
Took a while, but got the supercharger back and reinstalled.

The confusing thing was they had a piece of paper saying the sc didn’t have oil, but another piece of tape below saying it was filled. I checked the dip stick and there was something... a blue liquid. With a bit of comparison with the bottle, I’m guessing it’s their lubricant/oil.

Made a slight goof when installing... I went to start the engine, thinking I was done, but the car refused to keep running. Turns out I had forgotten the return tube next to the vacuum valve. Once I got it on, all was well again. Yay.

Feels good to be driving my Fit again.
Goobers,

Glad you got it up and running, I'm sure that is a relief. I'm crossing my fingers that I don't run into this issue. I have about 10k miles on mine now and everything seems good. I'm hoping to do my meth injection install in the next few weeks. Everything is setup for it, just need to put it in

Old 03-07-2018, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
I put 70k miles on mine (4 yrs). To some degree, it feels like a “wear & tear” issue. But still, I hope to get more than four years this time before the next rebuild. The Fit itself has 136k miles (almost 8 yrs). We’ll see how it goes.

Good luck with the meth injection.

Old 03-08-2018, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
It was the following:
$320 SC Rebuild Parts
$425 Labor SC Rebuild
$65 for the bypass upgrade
$120 for the pressure valve upgrade.
$86 for the snout upgrade.
+ Shipping and Oil it totaled close to $1.1k

do you have pictures of what exactly they upgraded and part numbers? its that little black thing next to your intake tube right?

Old 03-09-2018, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by Vash
do you have pictures of what exactly they upgraded and part numbers? its that little black thing next to your intake tube right?
That’s a mishimoto baffled catch can running off the PCV. I believe the upgraded pressure relief valve is coming off the back side of the supercharger (at a right angle)

Old 03-09-2018, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jonnyss

That’s a mishimoto baffled catch can running off the PCV. I believe the upgraded pressure relief valve is coming off the back side of the supercharger (at a right angle)
It should be that. That is where the fill port for the supercharger oil is, but I guess you could also use the port with the dipstick to add oil instead. And the only other opening for the oil chamber is the drain port... unless you want to drill a new hole into the casing.

Old 03-12-2018, 12:32 PM
Just bought a sprintex superchager. Hope I don't run into any issue prematurely.

Question for you guys, is anyone running new engine management software like Hondata or AEM.

Thanks

Old 03-12-2018, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Fit10
Just bought a sprintex superchager. Hope I don't run into any issue prematurely.

Question for you guys, is anyone running new engine management software like Hondata or AEM.

Thanks
Hey Fit10,

Congrats on the sprintex purchase; you will love it. I know reading this thread can be a little daunting (I read every post before my install.. Blah). Most issues that members have are with early versions of the supercharger so you should be ok. I think that BMW ALPINA is running on AEM. Hondata doesn't currently have a tuning solution for the GE8 platform unfortunately.

Most users are tuning/flashing with K Tuner software. This is what I am using and it has been a pleasant experience so far. The K Tuner support team is excellent and has responded to all of my inquiries. Good luck with the install, it is pretty straight forward.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I bought mine from another user here and I love it - installation wasn’t too bad, but then I put it on with my brother-in-law leading the charge (he’s a boost-loving mechanic and has had a number of turbo cars including a Civic and two SRT-4 Neons). I’d suggest doing what others have done and use 4 RDX injectors instead of that piggyback fifth injector, just a lot cleaner. Biggest issue we had was undoing the plastic casing for a bunch of wires - I remember someone else in this thread mentioned it, but it isn’t covered in the instructions and simply didn’t tuck away under the supercharger manifold like the instructions imply. We wrapped it in a black loom and heat-shrinked it, and that gave us the necessary clearance. Aside from that installation was a cinch and completed in a few hours.

As mentioned, Ktuner is pretty much the best option to tune - a good number of tuners know it, and it’s seamless. I’ve had the whole setup on my GE8 for about 9 months now and it’s been fantastic - it isn’t OMGZZ1!! fast; it basically feels like someone dumped an 160hp H23 motor in - and with the short gearing in 1-3, it’s a lot of fun. I’ve since added an HPS short ram, and the supercharger whine is awesome. Up next is a CircuitWorks “header” modified to have a 60mm ID, a custom straight-through 60mm ID exhaust, then a re-tune - hopefully that’ll get me into the 160whp/160wtq territory.

Old 03-13-2018, 06:24 PM
Appreciate the input DanDRuiz.

Went ahead an bought the Ktuner V2 today. checked out a few threads some YouTube videos and it seems pretty straight forward. I'm hoping the car will be a little like my old EG once the power is bumped up.

Are the RDX injectors plug and play or will they need to be spliced in?

Anyone have any base maps they'd like to share?

thanks.

Old 03-13-2018, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit10
Appreciate the input DanDRuiz.

Went ahead an bought the Ktuner V2 today. checked out a few threads some YouTube videos and it seems pretty straight forward. I'm hoping the car will be a little like my old EG once the power is bumped up.

Are the RDX injectors plug and play or will they need to be spliced in?

Anyone have any base maps they'd like to share?

thanks.
For RDX Injectors I use this adapter from Jackson Racing:
https://jacksonracing.com/product/ho...or-connectors/

Please kindly report your progress with the K-Tuner V2 once you installed it. Thanks

Old 03-14-2018, 03:05 AM
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Hi Connor55,

HKS had a supercharger kit for CR-Z that can be adapted to Honda Fit with J's racing adapter kit, but this would cost around 3 times the Sprintex kit... (with J's racing adapter)... but if I haven't bought this Sprintex unit,
I would bought that HKS kit.
Problem is, J's Racing came up with the adapter kit about 2 months after I bought my Sprintex... oh well...
now that HKS kit (with HKS upgrade kit) can produce 200hp on CR-Z with stock internal which mean at least around 170 to 180hp at the wheel of Honda Fit (without electric motor of the CR-Z).

Any link on the adapter? Im unable to find it.

Ta.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lukusis
Any link on the adapter? Im unable to find it.

Ta.
Hello,
Here is the link:
https://www.jsracing.co.jp/js2/index...=51&xSHASHU=32

Old 03-14-2018, 05:12 PM

Thank you for that.

You werent kidding about it being more expensive! Almost double the price in $AUD

Actually would mean paying the same amount again as the cost of the car!

Ill stick with the Sprintex kit i think

Old 03-15-2018, 07:35 AM

Please kindly report your progress with the K-Tuner V2 once you installed it. Thanks

Absolutely.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member

thats a good choice, I am assuming the clips went on perfectly and don't pop off? There are videos of the k-tuner versions where the clips don't go on completely, but I think these grey ones are the versions that truely secure the adaptor to the injectors

Old 03-17-2018, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vash
thats a good choice, I am assuming the clips went on perfectly and don't pop off? There are videos of the k-tuner versions where the clips don't go on completely, but I think these grey ones are the versions that truely secure the adaptor to the injectors
This one is secured very well

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sprintex Supercharger Install