2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Emailed Boomslang and got good news!!

Old 12-27-2013, 01:14 PM
Emailed Boomslang and got good news!!

In a recent email they stated they have now acquired 3 of the 4 ecu plugs they need for a harness!

I asked about the CRZ, as they have a harness for that car, and I see no reason why honda would have changed plugs.

I guess one is indeed different.

BOOM!!! one more plug to acquire and looks like we are ready to get plug and play harness adaptation!!

Im friggin excited, this is the only thing keeping me from being turbo'd right now! I refuse to chop into my harness, because I am still paying the car off! Would be a different story if it was paid in full.

Happy modding once this comes out.

Old 12-27-2013, 02:33 PM
Already "chopped" my harness. It actually wasn't bad at all. I could remove my FIC easily.

Still, that is very good news.

Old 12-27-2013, 05:29 PM
Update: Got another email from Boomslang. It was in response to me inquiring about that 4th plug after finding out they had 3 of the 4.

He said it was completely unknown to them when they will be able to get the plug. He mentioned possibly getting it from "gray" places.

I wonder if he was referring to taking a spare GE8 ecu and harness, desoldering the plugs and caps, and having a plastics company recreate it.

Well, this means that it might be a long time. He said it could be as little as a month, or as much as a year, or even never.

Damn Honda, quit stopping plugNplay tuning ability!!

Old 12-28-2013, 04:06 AM
5 Year Member
The ECU plugs are really hard to fix. I messed up the last time i was trying to get it done. Its better to contact a mechanic or something.

Tevida Price

Last edited by AngelMalone; 10-01-2018 at 02:03 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 13fit
Update: Got another email from Boomslang. It was in response to me inquiring about that 4th plug after finding out they had 3 of the 4.

He said it was completely unknown to them when they will be able to get the plug. He mentioned possibly getting it from "gray" places.

I wonder if he was referring to taking a spare GE8 ecu and harness, desoldering the plugs and caps, and having a plastics company recreate it.

Well, this means that it might be a long time. He said it could be as little as a month, or as much as a year, or even never.

Damn Honda, quit stopping plugNplay tuning ability!!

I think the Gray area that you are mentioning is overseas markets. Like Lings Honda Parts. Check out this article for more information on the subject. OEM parts research and ordering for different world markets (JDM, EDM, etc) - D-series.org

Old 05-01-2014, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
any update on this?
Ive been looking into this and it looks like the fit shares ECU plug with other models,
’08 and later Accord, ’06 and later Civic, ’05 and later Odyssey,’05 and later Pilot, and ’06 and later Ridgeline

I have GE8 pinout Ill have to fiuind others. Anyone know for sure?

Old 05-01-2014, 11:08 PM
I forgot to update here.

The Boomslang harness is available plugNplay for AEM FIC

Sorry for slacking guys!

I forgot sources. Could try Xenocron

Old 05-02-2014, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
I forgot to update here.

The Boomslang harness is available plugNplay for AEM FIC

Sorry for slacking guys!

I forgot sources. Could try Xenocron

Sweet just have to track down Part No now as the one AEM list for 2009 fit is same as the 2007-8 fits... that cant be right.

Also looks like fit shares plug style with 06-08 civic and some ridglines and some others but doesnt have fit listed... will have to call I guess

Old 05-03-2014, 12:55 AM
Boomslang AEM F/IC Harness (BF12124) 09-13 Fit (All Transmission) « Free Shipping

Looks like part number is BF12124

Dunno where you will find best price though, shop around.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:33 AM
So im confused are people actually buying a 600 dollar plug and play harness for aem fic6?! LMFAO....

Old 05-03-2014, 01:37 AM
it takes a couple hours to make a harness like that, plus cost of the plugs.

Boomslang told me 3 of the 4 plugs are easy and cheap to get, the 4th is much more costly, and was hardest for them to get.

Ill pay a lil less then that though. As much as I love the idea of not hacking my harness for that, you gotta realize the time and energy spent to create this. Ive redone a few engine harness for resistor boxes and repairs, and it is not fun.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:44 AM
it takes a couple hours to make a harness like that, plus cost of the plugs.

Boomslang told me 3 of the 4 plugs are easy and cheap to get, the 4th is much more costly, and was hardest for them to get.

Ill pay a lil less then that though. As much as I love the idea of not hacking my harness for that, you gotta realize the time and energy spent to create this. Ive redone a few engine harness for resistor boxes and repairs, and it is not fun.
I just cant justify buying a harness that costs more than the tuning software/hardware itself. All said and done ur dishing out almost enough money for a stand alone. And putting an aftermarket tuning device already voids warrenty if anything were too happen, so i doubt a little soldering of ur harness is gonna matter. But thats just me and my opinion.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:47 AM
then go ahead and make a harness adapter. You wont be able to purchase that 4th plug.

Justify spending more then the tuning solution?

Look at it from this view, most people spend more on building their motors to support big power, and far outcost the turbo or supercharger itself, which makes all the power.

I guess what I mean to say, nothing wrong with spending more on the foundation rather then the actual go-go part, which in this case is tunability.

regardless, I might be buying a boomslang harness once they come south of $400

Old 05-03-2014, 02:05 AM
then go ahead and make a harness adapter. You wont be able to purchase that 4th plug.

Justify spending more then the tuning solution?

Look at it from this view, most people spend more on building their motors to support big power, and far outcost the turbo or supercharger itself, which makes all the power.

I guess what I mean to say, nothing wrong with spending more on the foundation rather then the actual go-go part, which in this case is tunability.

regardless, I might be buying a boomslang harness once they come south of $400
Lol...what an analagy...apples to carrots bro. Just stop it.
I wouldnt make a harness, i would cut, splice and solder myself, i guess what you guys call "hack". I come from the e-prom burn chip and tune days, so its probably why i see more clearly how much of a waste of money it would be for me to spend 6 bills on something that could be done for free. To each thier own.

Old 05-03-2014, 03:28 AM
Ill pay to get something plug and play on a vehicle I have under loan.

If I owned it, then Id hardwire everything.

eeprom days are nothing at all to a piggyback.

Those days were 5-15 bucks in chips and ZIF socket, and you were on your way to a fully tunable setup.

eeprom to this is not apples to oranges, more like apples to onions lol

Old 05-03-2014, 11:53 AM

Those days were 5-15 bucks in chips and ZIF socket, and you were on your way to a fully tunable setup.

eeprom to this is not apples to oranges, more like apples to onions lol
LMAO...You have no idea what your talking about. There was more involved than a 5-15 dollar chip to become fully tunable.
Im still trying to See it from your view of comparing turbos to harness'.
Tell me what do you know about Uberdata, or CROME? : rotfl:

Old 05-03-2014, 07:20 PM
the datalogging is just a floppydrive power connector, and the ZIF socket is from back when you had to remove the chip, throw it in a willums burner, write new code, and put it back in.

I never used the ostrich or demon for tuning. I went straight from that oldschool way directly to hondata s200 and s300.

I used neptune and uberdata. the free edition of crome at the time was not as feature packed as it is in the recent years.

What else is there? I used P28s and P72s for tuning. Easiest ecus to come across and better then having to convert a P06

Old 05-03-2014, 07:54 PM
the datalogging is just a floppydrive power connector, and the ZIF socket is from back when you had to remove the chip, throw it in a willums burner, write new code, and put it back in.

I never used the ostrich or demon for tuning. I went straight from that oldschool way directly to hondata s200 and s300.

I used neptune and uberdata. the free edition of crome at the time was not as feature packed as it is in the recent years.

What else is there? I used P28s and P72s for tuning. Easiest ecus to come across and better then having to convert a P06
LMFAO!!!!!! Ostrich and DEMON was oldschool but you "jumped straight to hondata s200,300 , yet tuned with UBERDATA??? are you foreals right now???
How the hell did you not use Ostrich or Demon but you tuned with Uberdata!?!? LMFAO...Uberdata is ancient and one of the Original tuning softwares, Before CROME, Neptune, hondata S100 200 300, ...Get your GOOGLE SEARCHES RIGHT next time. P28s easiest to come across!?!?!?
WHAT A CLOWN...
Dude your so full of shiittt its hilarious and im just gonna stop arguing with you. I sure hope you stay behind a computer cuz in person i would laugh at you so hard...
What the hell were you tuning? fucking rainbow unicorns?!?!?!?

Last edited by D429302; 05-03-2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:32 PM
wait, you think I said I tuned a s200 or s300 with uberdata?

wow.

I will re-iterate for you. I started tuning by doing datalogging with a serial/usb cable that had a floppydrive power connector on it. Goes right to 4 of the 5 pins you put in near the chip. You do some datalogging, you remove the chip, plug it into your willums burner, read it to the computer, make your adjustments, burn to the chip, and throw it back into the ecu.

Moved onto using hondata's setup for ease of use. live tuning is much better and safer for the motor.

Yes, P28s are the easiest to come across for ecus that you do not have to convert. Lots of people use them in their OBD1 conversions, as lots of people do not know you can convert a nonvtec ecu to vtec, and even butterflies for your GSR and H22 swaps

Hell, right now I can get any number of P28s for 40-50 already chipped around here.

Im pretty sure you havent ever completely tuned a car by yourself with no outside assistance.

Perhaps you havent realized that people have been chip tuning hondas for 25 years

Old 05-20-2014, 07:40 AM
5 Year Member
Just saw an image of that boomslang harness... they could make it sort of universal...

instead of individually splicing in wires, they could have a sort of pcb board along the middle.

The board would have one row to push pins in that would tap into the wire, then a dipswitch (or something similar) that can connect or disconnect the "original" circuit, then another row to tap in wires.

sort of like:

|----------| o \ o |---------->|
etc. with the "o" being connectors and "\" being a way to connect/disconnect the circuit. If not a single board, then mini-modules per wire.

like:

|----------o-\-o----------->
|
|

so that if you tap on both sides of the switch, then flip the switch to disconnect, it acts like you intercepted a wire.

if you only tap either side (not both), then leave the switch on connect, it acts like a tap into the wire.

Or, if the switch isn't desired (too costly overall?), then each wire circuit will only have the two pin connections (not connected on the board/mini-module), and on top will be a bridging wire/connector. Pull the bridge out and add a pair of separate wires to intercept or a single wire with "y" connection to tap.
HTML Code:
|--------o o---------->
bridge   |_|

|-----------o o---------->
tap wire    |_|______

|-------------o o---------->
int wire a  __| |__  int wire b
Then you can have another sub-harness dedicated to whatever it is you want to plug in.

This would make it more modular... in that, you only need one harness for the any car make/model range, then just pick the sub-harness for the piggyback/standalone. On the flipside, they would also only need one sub-harness for any given "chip"... can be sold regardless of car.

This could allow them to mix and match any car to chip they have a harness for. Instead of the specific AEM harness for the Fit that they have. Could simplify their inventory some too.

And as a side-effect (for the customer), this allows the customer to tap/intercept any other wire that goes to the ECU.

I don't know if that would still justify a $600 price premium though.

On second thought, maybe not a good idea... it would be a HUGE mass of mini-modules or flat out huge pcb board. Case in point, its 147 wires for the Fit, since they decided to wire up all slots in the connectors, even though some are blank on the OE harness (101 wires in the proper places will cover MT and AT for the GE Fits).

Last edited by Goobers; 05-20-2014 at 08:11 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Emailed Boomslang and got good news!!