Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-gen-ge8-specific-fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning-sub-forum/)
-   -   which K engine swap is easist for my FIT? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-gen-ge8-specific-fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning-sub-forum/95626-k-engine-swap-easist-my-fit.html)

benareeno 04-10-2017 05:49 PM

which K engine swap is easist for my FIT?

Very intrigued by this idea...I had actually considered moving to a Volkswagen Golf...as I like the low end power that it has compared to my fit. I realize it's not night and day...but the low end pull on my FIT is really a sticking point for me.

If I could do an engine swap...I would be very interested. Which K engine variant is easiest to swap in? I see accord engines, Civic SI engines, RSX engines...which one should I target as the easiest candidate for a swap?

Also, would anyone think that a turbo kit would be easier and or cheaper to do?

mikes-ge 04-15-2017 01:33 PM

I think wee need a parts list to go with this too?
I know Hasport CR-Z mounts are used.
Do you stay with fly by wire?
What axles are used?
What exhaust manifold is used?
I'm sure K-pro or Tuner for ECU
Do we need an adapter harness?
Do we use stock radiator?
We need a good DIY pic heavy thread hear. lol!

mike410b 04-15-2017 04:31 PM

Just buy a Golf.

Unless you have $10,000 sitting around you'd like to throw away on a <10k car.r

Fitlexander 11-17-2019 07:46 AM

Fit > golf

TougeMonster_GK5 11-19-2019 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Fitlexander (Post 1439293)
Fit > golf

Agreed. :wiggle: :vtec:

GolNat 11-19-2019 04:33 PM

I would have to disagree with that but the Golf is not a Fit when it comes to maintenance.

For 2017 OP a Golf would be better though.

eulogy 11-19-2019 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by mike410b (Post 1369411)
Just buy a Golf.

Unless you have $10,000 sitting around you'd like to throw away on a <10k car.r

^^^^^^^ what he said.

more trouble than its worth imo ...especially considering the electrical portion, cost, and final base horsepower u will end up with.

evilchargerfan 11-20-2019 11:39 AM

sweet 2 yr thread resurrection

assuming these guys are serious about doing a k swap and not just here kicking tires, k20a.org has alot of good info to read up on. i believe, it even discusses the differences and nuances of a tsx motor vs a civic si motor vs rsx vs civic ep3 , etc etc

Jasonvicktory86 11-20-2019 01:16 PM

Depends on how much creature comfort and legality you want / need.

If you don't care about emissions, A/C, Power Steering, Traction Control, ABS, or the stock gauge cluster you can do it "fairly easily"

But if you want any of those things, it's quite a bit harder.

- Hasport makes a mounting kit to hang the engine.
- tons of shops can make custom axles
- Ktuner and Hondata make a k-swap ecu to make it physically run.
- Buy a wiring harness for the motor or pull one from the pick n pull when you get your engine
- Grab the headers from the pick n pull too. Hack off the end and weld in pipe from O'Reilly's or Autozone.

But don't expect to have anything but a track car with an android tablet to run your gauges.

All in all though, if you want it to pass smog and be any notion of comfortable, you're going to spend (like other say) $8 - 10k or more
The K24 out of an accord is the cheapest route. Very plentiful for parts

mike410b 11-20-2019 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan (Post 1439453)
sweet 2 yr thread resurrection

assuming these guys are serious about doing a k swap and not just here kicking tires, k20a.org has alot of good info to read up on. i believe, it even discusses the differences and nuances of a tsx motor vs a civic si motor vs rsx vs civic ep3 , etc etc

It discussed a lot more than that lol. Back in like 2013 you could find SO MUCH info there.

Now with forums being dead, there's no such thing as info.

Jesse 05-31-2021 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jasonvicktory86 (Post 1439465)
Depends on how much creature comfort and legality you want / need.

If you don't care about emissions, A/C, Power Steering, Traction Control, ABS, or the stock gauge cluster you can do it "fairly easily"

But if you want any of those things, it's quite a bit harder.

- Hasport makes a mounting kit to hang the engine.
- tons of shops can make custom axles
- Ktuner and Hondata make a k-swap ecu to make it physically run.
- Buy a wiring harness for the motor or pull one from the pick n pull when you get your engine
- Grab the headers from the pick n pull too. Hack off the end and weld in pipe from O'Reilly's or Autozone.

But don't expect to have anything but a track car with an android tablet to run your gauges.

All in all though, if you want it to pass smog and be any notion of comfortable, you're going to spend (like other say) $8 - 10k or more
The K24 out of an accord is the cheapest route. Very plentiful for parts

not even remotely true. plenty of people swap the tsx motor and ecu and literally everything still works. You lose cruise crontrol but can get that too if you really want it.

RD36 05-31-2021 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 1460549)
not even remotely true. plenty of people swap the tsx motor and ecu and literally everything still works. You lose cruise crontrol but can get that too if you really want it.

That's my one thing I don't want to lose cruise control so handy on long drives.

viciouzex 08-29-2021 05:56 PM

I have an 09 fit. This hasn't really been mentioned a whole lot. 2nrs makes a jumper harness to make the dash work. I gave you useful info. Now someone tell me what cv axles work for the k swap. And shift linkage and shifter box.

RD36 08-29-2021 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by viciouzex (Post 1463155)
I have an 09 fit. This hasn't really been mentioned a whole lot. 2nrs makes a jumper harness to make the dash work. I gave you useful info. Now someone tell me what cv axles work for the k swap. And shift linkage and shifter box.

This is juicy what harness do you use?

viciouzex 08-29-2021 06:44 PM

I am collecting parts currently. But I spoke to a 2nrs representative. You have to use the TSX k24z3 from 09-13. The ECU from that year range and harness also. I called my Honda dealership. They can reprogram ECU up to 5 keys for $125. I just need to know about the cv axles and shift linkage. That's where my research has stalled.

petawabit 09-03-2021 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by viciouzex (Post 1463155)

insane shafts for axles
9th gen civic si cables for linkages
CRZ shifter for shifter box