Vash's Sprintex Install log - Page 2 - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member

Been driving it around!!! emailed the tuner to get a dyno tune, haven't heard back from him, it is the weekend though so maybe he is just busy.... i hope he didn't forget about me....

been driving it around really enjoying this thing!

Old 04-16-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyss View Post
Glad youíre up and running Vash. It was my pleasure to assist. Several users helped me in the past and Iím a true believer in passing it along. Go get that thing buttoned up tune wise and enjoy

What an awesome forum. I've never experienced so many people willing each other out.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:24 PM

Car looks great without a hood.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit10 View Post
Car looks great without a hood.
Thanks! i just put the hood back on today =( I drove all weekend with no hood, it turned some heads! I keep the car garaged.. so its very possible i can leave off the hood 24/7... but.... I am not exactly into the "show" anymore, I have a supercharger on it for my own personal enjoyment.

I had the cowl off and the cusco strut tower bar connects both the cowl and the first 2 hood latches, so it was only 2 more bolts to take it all off
Old 04-18-2018, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobers View Post

If anything, the only person being called out was you. Only NOW, did you mention that you cancelled your supercharger order.
I'm sorry but am I obligated to announce that I canceled my order? Did I ever said I had a supercharger installed? You are the one who dug up some old thread which I ask question about installing sprintex supercharger.

Good day sir!
Old 04-18-2018, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member

Quote:
I kinda wished ktuner's website was a bit more informative/up-to-date(?). The only thing the "feature matrix" shows being different for dealer vs end user, is the real time tuning.
You are right!!!! the website lists the ECU's that will load up, but it doesn't completely mean it will support all of its features. BUT with the right tuner and knowledge you can still get it to work with Ktuner when you adjust the retard settings and the MAF scaling for the injectors.

but it seems like ktuner does slowly release extra features slowly... so .. its still a good way to go in my opinion.

And yes I am soooo glad i got the v1.2 because there is no way I could have gotten this up and running if i had the v2.0 the v2.0 would have required me to go back and forth WAY too much. but the v1.2 has more features and abilities it seems like.. and it is also CHEAPER..... I just wanted the v2.0 initially because I didn't care about tuning it myself...
Old 04-19-2018, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
You are right!!!! the website lists the ECU's that will load up, but it doesn't completely mean it will support all of its features. BUT with the right tuner and knowledge you can still get it to work with Ktuner when you adjust the retard settings and the MAF scaling for the injectors.

but it seems like ktuner does slowly release extra features slowly... so .. its still a good way to go in my opinion.

And yes I am soooo glad i got the v1.2 because there is no way I could have gotten this up and running if i had the v2.0 the v2.0 would have required me to go back and forth WAY too much. but the v1.2 has more features and abilities it seems like.. and it is also CHEAPER..... I just wanted the v2.0 initially because I didn't care about tuning it myself...
Hum... honestly, the geek inside of me still leans towards v2. But, there's also the practical reason. Since it should do the same things as the Ultragauge, I think $200 isn't too bad a difference to have real time data (without extra hardware). And that's also only IF I buy a Ktuner reflash. At the moment, I'm still debating doing anything to my Fit as far as tuning goes. That said, that's just me.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member

Quote:
Hum... honestly, the geek inside of me still leans towards v2. But, there's also the practical reason. Since it should do the same things as the Ultragauge, I think $200 isn't too bad a difference to have real time data (without extra hardware). And that's also only IF I buy a Ktuner reflash. At the moment, I'm still debating doing anything to my Fit as far as tuning goes. That said, that's just me.
I would just blue tooth the v1. 2 to ur cellphone, I think that is what the v2 is anyways... A very expensive cellphone that u can't make calls with
​​​
Old 04-19-2018, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member

I don't like pulling out my phone when I drive. Especially when I'm doing deliveries.

I've already gone through this debate with folks that like Torque Pro (bluetooth to phone) verses Ultragauge, and I'd rather not repeat that.

But I'll mention my personal setup. I have the UG in my Fit. And I have a "ScanTool OBDLink" bluetooth module for if someone asks me to check their car. They both have their pros and cons, but this is the setup I decided on.

Edit: I guess my point would be, if I decide to get KTuner reflash, that despite he price, v2 would be the one I’d go for.

Last edited by Goobers; 04-19-2018 at 07:08 AM.