2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Vash's Sprintex Install log

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
Been driving it around!!! emailed the tuner to get a dyno tune, haven't heard back from him, it is the weekend though so maybe he is just busy.... i hope he didn't forget about me....

been driving it around really enjoying this thing!

Old 04-16-2018, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by jonnyss
Glad you’re up and running Vash. It was my pleasure to assist. Several users helped me in the past and I’m a true believer in passing it along. Go get that thing buttoned up tune wise and enjoy

What an awesome forum. I've never experienced so many people willing each other out.

Old 04-16-2018, 01:24 PM
Car looks great without a hood.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit10
Car looks great without a hood.
Thanks! i just put the hood back on today =( I drove all weekend with no hood, it turned some heads! I keep the car garaged.. so its very possible i can leave off the hood 24/7... but.... I am not exactly into the "show" anymore, I have a supercharger on it for my own personal enjoyment.

I had the cowl off and the cusco strut tower bar connects both the cowl and the first 2 hood latches, so it was only 2 more bolts to take it all off

Old 04-18-2018, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers

If anything, the only person being called out was you. Only NOW, did you mention that you cancelled your supercharger order.
I'm sorry but am I obligated to announce that I canceled my order? Did I ever said I had a supercharger installed? You are the one who dug up some old thread which I ask question about installing sprintex supercharger.

Good day sir!

Old 04-18-2018, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
I kinda wished ktuner's website was a bit more informative/up-to-date(?). The only thing the "feature matrix" shows being different for dealer vs end user, is the real time tuning.
You are right!!!! the website lists the ECU's that will load up, but it doesn't completely mean it will support all of its features. BUT with the right tuner and knowledge you can still get it to work with Ktuner when you adjust the retard settings and the MAF scaling for the injectors.

but it seems like ktuner does slowly release extra features slowly... so .. its still a good way to go in my opinion.

And yes I am soooo glad i got the v1.2 because there is no way I could have gotten this up and running if i had the v2.0 the v2.0 would have required me to go back and forth WAY too much. but the v1.2 has more features and abilities it seems like.. and it is also CHEAPER..... I just wanted the v2.0 initially because I didn't care about tuning it myself...

Old 04-19-2018, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vash
You are right!!!! the website lists the ECU's that will load up, but it doesn't completely mean it will support all of its features. BUT with the right tuner and knowledge you can still get it to work with Ktuner when you adjust the retard settings and the MAF scaling for the injectors.

but it seems like ktuner does slowly release extra features slowly... so .. its still a good way to go in my opinion.

And yes I am soooo glad i got the v1.2 because there is no way I could have gotten this up and running if i had the v2.0 the v2.0 would have required me to go back and forth WAY too much. but the v1.2 has more features and abilities it seems like.. and it is also CHEAPER..... I just wanted the v2.0 initially because I didn't care about tuning it myself...
Hum... honestly, the geek inside of me still leans towards v2. But, there's also the practical reason. Since it should do the same things as the Ultragauge, I think $200 isn't too bad a difference to have real time data (without extra hardware). And that's also only IF I buy a Ktuner reflash. At the moment, I'm still debating doing anything to my Fit as far as tuning goes. That said, that's just me.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member
Hum... honestly, the geek inside of me still leans towards v2. But, there's also the practical reason. Since it should do the same things as the Ultragauge, I think $200 isn't too bad a difference to have real time data (without extra hardware). And that's also only IF I buy a Ktuner reflash. At the moment, I'm still debating doing anything to my Fit as far as tuning goes. That said, that's just me.
I would just blue tooth the v1. 2 to ur cellphone, I think that is what the v2 is anyways... A very expensive cellphone that u can't make calls with
​​​

Old 04-19-2018, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
I don't like pulling out my phone when I drive. Especially when I'm doing deliveries.

I've already gone through this debate with folks that like Torque Pro (bluetooth to phone) verses Ultragauge, and I'd rather not repeat that.

But I'll mention my personal setup. I have the UG in my Fit. And I have a "ScanTool OBDLink" bluetooth module for if someone asks me to check their car. They both have their pros and cons, but this is the setup I decided on.

Edit: I guess my point would be, if I decide to get KTuner reflash, that despite he price, v2 would be the one I’d go for.

Last edited by Goobers; 04-19-2018 at 07:08 AM.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jonnyss
Glad you’re up and running Vash. It was my pleasure to assist. Several users helped me in the past and I’m a true believer in passing it along. Go get that thing buttoned up tune wise and enjoy
Just wanted to update everyone! Still tuning, but it is sooooo damn close. Jonnyss has been a life saver!

I switched tuners and things are moving rather quickly. Hopefully have this tuned up soon so I can go ahead and share a few extra things that might help people in the future. There was nothing wrong with the other tuner, but it was just that datalog review times and exchange in tunes were going once per week or 2, I think he is just in a REALLY busy season, so I went ahead and changed to turbogixxer, really nice tuner and great to work with.

1. One of my biggest mistakes I did was foul up the sparkplugs when I first cranked this thing up..... the biggest lessoned learned is DO NOT crank this thing up without working with an eTUNER FIRST! BUT Thankgod it is actually easy to change sparkplugs now!!!! without that huge ass intake manifold there you can change sparkplugs REAL easy, so I had no issues swapping sparkplugs out.

2. The second biggest thing I learned was the MAP sensor location. If you are not using the stuff that came with the Sprintex kit, you actually have to MOVE YOUR STOCK MAP down to the bottom location, and there are a few fitment issues involved there so you might need to have a rubber plug and an extra m6 screw handy to cover up the old hole where the original MAP sensor would be located at. BUT this is just if you are doing a setup like me where you are not using a 5th injector. I still highly recommend the bigger injector route+ ktuner; just because of less wiring, less complexity in both wiring and extra fuel lines. If i had to do it again, I wouldn't change a thing I do not think..... so my entire project has been going great so far.....

3. Unexpected things I had to learn:
*I didn't expect to have to take the plastic overs off of the fuel injector wiring harness. It wasn't bad too do, but you need like a pry tool to remove it. The reason you want to remove the plastic covers as it mentions in the instructions is purely for clearance issues, so have some zip ties so you can make it all tight again and tie it up somewhere safe like the fuel rail.
*I changed belts before, but not on a car where the engine is mounted transversely. It is all of the same concept and same things, but you just have to remove the wheel and also a few clips to bend the fender cover flaps down and you and PERFECT access to put the belt on VERY easily and very fast.
*For manual transmissions, you can take the wheel off of the DRIVER side and change your transmission oil as easy as an oil change!
*Sparkplugs - don't worry about changing those until you taken your intake manifold off!! because it will be so much easier when you have better access. I am sure if you are attempting this project... your are well aware you will get familiar with changing sparkplugs often
*Remover battery anyways.... that way you have great access to the intake box, and you remove that super easy without the battery.
*Be prepared to take off belt at any time and also supercharger - You pretty much do not know when have bad injector clips or bad wiring and you may need to go back in there and fix it. However, it is very easy with the supercharger as you can just take off the supercharger like an intake manifold, and you can just use a hook or something to hold on to your belt so it doesn't get off alligned at the bottom. Its important to have a hook or something when your taking it off so that you don't have to take off the wheel and put the whole belt on again from the beggining.

Right now as it stands, the car cranks up during cold starts, but after its good and warmed up the car won't restart or recrank until its back in "cold cranking" conditions. I just recently told the e-tuner so hopefully we get the bugs worked out soon.

Last edited by Vash; 05-21-2018 at 08:47 AM.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
Maybe cause I'm a bit on the skinny side, but I can change the belt from the top and reaching down.

However, I do agree that changing the spark plugs is easier with the supercharger instead of the stock intake manifold.

As for your other issues... they're a bit odd.

Old 05-21-2018, 04:24 PM
Hey Vash,

Did you ever get the P2647 code after the install. I've had mine one for a month now and I can't get the code to stay off. Replaced the oil sensors and all but the DTC still comes on. Only thing left is to replace the oil pressure solenoid. Any advice of tips are appreciated.

Thanks

Old 05-21-2018, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Vash,

Did you ever get the P2647 code after the install. I've had mine one for a month now and I can't get the code to stay off. Replaced the oil sensors and all but the DTC still comes on. Only thing left is to replace the oil pressure solenoid. Any advice of tips are appreciated.

Thanks

The only code i gotten has been P2227 which would turn on after a few minutes of me driving. But Turbogixxer just sent me another tune today he said it should be fixed now. I don't have any other codes I don't think.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the help.

Maybe I'll reach out to Turbogixxer

Old 05-23-2018, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the help.

Maybe I'll reach out to Turbogixxer
Yeah give him a go! I was skeptical at first. But we are only on the 4th tune file and it feels like we are close to being finished...

he is literally the MASTER at tuning our cars. He tuned Jross's, and Jonny's and now mines.. and who knows how many other's he has tuned from this forum..... so his experience is very large for our specific car and setup.

Old 05-27-2018, 10:11 PM
How long did it take for the supercharger to arrive after ordering it on amazon?? Did it take a while before it shipped out?

Old 05-28-2018, 02:39 PM
Thanks Vash.

I did get in contact with Turbogixxer. All that is left to do now is the admin stuff and download.

How's your build coming along

Old 05-29-2018, 07:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GE8girl22
How long did it take for the supercharger to arrive after ordering it on amazon?? Did it take a while before it shipped out?
About 1 week. Sprintex ships it to Amazon and then Amazon ships it to you after it arrives. I messaged Sprintex on Facebook after my order and they were able to give me additional info actually

Thanks Vash.

I did get in contact with Turbogixxer. All that is left to do now is the admin stuff and download.

How's your build coming along
Had a really long holiday weekend! So I sent him another data log today. I took out my sparkplug and regapped them to. 032 as the tuner has recommended for me to do.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:55 AM
Hey Vash,
how's the tuning going? I just got mine on the Dyno but cannot get the car to recognize boost for some reason.Did you experience a similar issue?

Old 06-29-2018, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Vash,
how's the tuning going? I just got mine on the Dyno but cannot get the car to recognize boost for some reason.Did you experience a similar issue?
yeah I did. I didn't figure out i had the map sensor in the wrong spot until my current tuner (turbogixxer) told me to move the MAP down to where the manifold is, and plug up the intake pipe sensor hole. I am not sure what your setup is, but if you are going the Ktuner route; then i think you you have to do the same. Otherwise you would want whatever sensor that needs to read boost on the bottom bottom part, because i don't think boost can be read from the upper intake sensor position.
  • Just a heads up - The screw and o-ring is different from the original map vs. the bosche one that comes with the kit. But if you use the o-ring and the screw that comes with the Bosch, it would be a perfect fit when you move your MAP from the intake pipe down to to the manifold, and also the sensor plug/connector has no length issues at all.... it plugs up perfectly as if it was stock.. these sprintex kits are near perfect in my opinion... the best kit ever made..... I am so surprised how smooth this project has been going for me. Alot of great help from the community here of course, but its a great product as well

UPDATE on my progress:
  • Tuner told me I wasn't getting enough fuel pressure, and he recommended that I get a new fuel pump, so I Installed a DW65C fuel pump
  • Tuner told me the A/F is looking great, and I am on the 7th tune file now waiting for response from the tuner on my latest datalog

Last edited by Vash; 06-29-2018 at 05:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Vash's Sprintex Install log