2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Vash's Sprintex Install log

Old 07-04-2018, 09:07 AM
Happy to hear the install is going well and the tuning has been working out.

Appreciate all the advice. I did move the MAP sensor down the line based on my tuners recommendation. Rather than try and tune the A04 ECM, I opted to buy an A03 ECM. So I can use the Ktuner software to it's full capacity. Can't agree with more the sprintex kit is pretty epic.

Let me know what kind of power you are putting down after your next data drop.

Old 07-07-2018, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit10
Happy to hear the install is going well and the tuning has been working out.

Appreciate all the advice. I did move the MAP sensor down the line based on my tuners recommendation. Rather than try and tune the A04 ECM, I opted to buy an A03 ECM. So I can use the Ktuner software to it's full capacity. Can't agree with more the sprintex kit is pretty epic.

Let me know what kind of power you are putting down after your next data drop.
Hahhaha yeah my first tuner wanted me to swap ECU's too so we can do a "speed density" tune, but honestly.. I am fine with just a MAF tune. I haven't heard from turbogixxer in a while actually, thanks for reminding me to follow up. The car has been running so well, I can't imagine we we have that much left to do..... I am on the 7th tune, and it seems like he's trying to find the sweet spot.

had alittle evaporator issue a few days ago, but once i drove it a few more times it got unstuck and the gas gauge works normally again. I think its because i had the whole fuel tank open and such when I was swapping the fuel pump out.

Old 07-08-2018, 04:16 AM
5 Year Member
Are you dealing with Kenny from turbogixxer? Took him almost 2 months to finish my tune ... Or it's somewhat finished. Then he just stopped replying to my emails.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ommegga
Are you dealing with Kenny from turbogixxer? Took him almost 2 months to finish my tune ... Or it's somewhat finished. Then he just stopped replying to my emails.
I am using Kenny from trubogixxer, he's good, and really nice. You have to try and work with him. the way I see it:

He would give me a request of what to do to record a datalog for him to review. OR recommend to change a part or upgrade each time he gives me a new "Tune" file. And if I don't fulfil what he asks me.. I am just assume that the last tune file is our final one.

For example our last tune he gave me told me i wasn't getting enough fuel pressure and he recommended one of the Evo fuel pumps. So my next data log returned to him would be exactly that.... I would return to him a new datalog with an upgraded fuel pump. And he would return me a new "tune" file and confirms with me that the fuel pressure issue has been fixed and we start back at me doing a 3rd gear full throttle to redline datalog again.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:36 AM
Does he charge for each tune file?

Old 07-11-2018, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GE8girl22
You just keep exchanging data logs with him and he keeps returning a new tune file until your done.

You used to be able to purchase his service here, and it said on average it takes about 7+ tunes, but the link is now dead:
https://www.speedfactoryracing.net/t...ervices/e-tune

I purchased his service directly from his website:
Turbogixxer Tuning :: Tuning Services :: E Tuning Service :: E Tune service

He has youtube videos too:

I highly recommend him, he is so nice, and I am pretty sure he is THE MASTER at tuning our cars

Old 07-19-2018, 07:28 AM
My car is somewhat tuned now. Swapped out the ECU for the A03 unit. My tuner is very cautious. He made 27 adjustments to the map, after that we managed to get a few dyno pulls in. Tuning the low map with the Vtech disabled. Managed to put down 118.4 torque and 123.1 HP to the wheels.

Still some work to do but we are getting there bit by bit.

Sounds like your tuning is going well. Any estimate on the HP and torque numbers.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:33 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry, I realized I never answered your question!!! he does not. It's a 1 time service fee, and a 50 dollar expedited service. The regular service is just 1 tune exchange once every 24-48 hours from my understanding. I think the 50 dollar expedited service is if you are planning to do alot of exchanges in a single day. there is a member on here that did it and was able to finish his tune in like 4 hours or so. He is also has a MAF tune like me. The reason I keep mentioning MAF tune is because I believe these are easier and faster to do, all of those user's on here with 18-25+ tunes are all speed density tunes from my understanding

I need to post my long term feedback!! turbogixxer finished me up in 7 tunes. There was a few times he had to do a quick turn around because I was stuck in the middle of the road or a trip.... I appreciate his help so much and my inexperience with this stuff. He gave me feed back on the changes and issues during each tune exchange. very professional.

Originally Posted by Fit10
My car is somewhat tuned now. Swapped out the ECU for the A03 unit. My tuner is very cautious. He made 27 adjustments to the map, after that we managed to get a few dyno pulls in. Tuning the low map with the Vtech disabled. Managed to put down 118.4 torque and 123.1 HP to the wheels.

Still some work to do but we are getting there bit by bit.

Sounds like your tuning is going well. Any estimate on the HP and torque numbers.
I keep on missing all of these dyno days!!! i was so busy this summer because my parents were moving all the way cross the state so I have been helping them. Hopefully throw this thing on the dyno on the next local event. The weather is getting cold here tho.... the car definitely drives different in colder weather.... I had this thing tune with incoming air temps around 120-130F degrees!!! and now the temperate has dropped to almost freezing.

I may have to plug it back up to the k-tuner and see if the MAF tune is adjusting for the crazy climate change.

Last edited by Vash; 10-23-2018 at 08:40 AM.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
updat: Re-installed Takeda cold air intake and this thing is LOUD.... like if you look that crazy whine even when you barely press the gas pedal make sure you install an intake with you supercharger!!! if you want to make the supercharger barely noticeable just install the stock intake on

Old 11-18-2018, 02:14 PM
So that intake goes down near the transmission right? Wouldn't that get hot air?? I would think a short ram that goes to the stock location by the ECU would be better because of that air vent that takes cold air from the front to that location. Anyway still super cool and I'm planning on getting one when I go to re supercharge my car once I have all the stuff for ktuner.

Old 11-18-2018, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
So that intake goes down near the transmission right? Wouldn't that get hot air?? I would think a short ram that goes to the stock location by the ECU would be better because of that air vent that takes cold air from the front to that location. Anyway still super cool and I'm planning on getting one when I go to re supercharge my car once I have all the stuff for ktuner.
Many people can't get a cold air for the Fit because they have an automatic transmission and they do not have a choice.
My K-tuner is reading 5 degrees F lower actually (i know not much, but it is actually colder....). Tested it same just after only 1 hour between the 2 intake installs...

Not all cars take cold air intakes well though... I think many people with Honda's make that confusion because some car manufactures already have optimized intake systems. But many honda's have very restrictive air box's from the factory to reduce noise, and changing it to anything will literally be better compared to stock.

If you can afford it though... I would go cold air style and we are lucky we have many choices of CAI options to us (if you have a manual transmission):
HPS
AFE (the one i have)
Weapon R

I can imagine however I will be going inbetween stock intake and aftermarket frequently (as I always do that anyways without a supercharger). sometimes I just get sick of the loud sounds of the engine and I like it really quiet. I personally like the stock location of the intake of the fit because it is less acceptable to hydro-locking. But for right now... I am in the mood for crazy SUPER CHARGER WHINES!

EDIT: I am honestly considering about getting the K&N typhoon intake because I drive in Flooded streets a bit too often as my parents live in Wilmington NC

Last edited by Vash; 11-18-2018 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
How many miles have you put on the sprintex so far? Any issues?

Old 11-19-2018, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ommegga
How many miles have you put on the sprintex so far? Any issues?
3k miles no issues yet

Old 11-20-2018, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
I think I am finally tuned!!!! Turbogixxer, aka Kenny aka Turbocharger tuning. They are the best!!!! So my car would randomly go into limp mode perhaps once every 2 weeks, and during the winter it was happening even more!!! and i finally caught it on a datalog last night and sent it to Kenny. I am sooooooo happy with my project right now.

MY experience, even after you have a decent tune going on...... there is still chances to go into limp mode!! so be prepared to continued work with both learning and working with the tuner. And as always... please stay professional with the tuners. They are soooooooo nice.... and their experience will keep surprising you.... TRUST me.

Lessons learned! Here is what you need: (besides being well motivated with a good attitude)
  • Sprintex kit (obviously)
  • Factory RDX Turbo injectors, 210cc
  • Denso brand of the GT-R fuel pump
  • Tuning service
Here is the tricky part:
  • If you are unlucky like me and your the first rare ECU the tuner has seen.... send your STOCK factory tune file to the tuner for the baseline... for me... .the tuner had to start from scratch so the process was a bit longer for me.
  • You are most likely going to foul your sparkplugs handy if you crank it up a few times without a tune
3rd part:
I am lucky to have a spare car accessible to me.... I ended up driving my parents prius for several months during this whole process!!! But in the end.. it was worth it! and this is my dream setup.

I used Kenny from Turbogixxer tuning. He has pulled me out of a bind several times during this project and I feel that i actually owe him more than the cost he changed me... I car left me stranded several times and he helped me RIGHT on the spot....

Last edited by Vash; 11-20-2018 at 11:57 PM.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
Any idea what might be the cause of the limp mode? I'm planning on using SC at some point on my rally Fit. I will tune it more likely conservatively for reliability.

Last edited by Radi; 12-02-2018 at 08:24 PM.
Old 12-02-2018, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Radi
Any idea what might be the cause of the limp mode? I'm planning on using SC at some point on my rally Fit. I will be tuned more likely conservatively for reliability.
might be different per setup, but my car still has its stock exhaust on and it it was throwing some codes i think, i didn't get a chance to ask him. All i know is that it is fixed!!! and i been driving this thing hard ever since he fixed it. He didn't rename the tune..... so i guess it is technically considered 7 tunes for me.

Your profile says your in FL... i think that is where he is located.. I would just take my car directly to his shop if i was living in FL and let him tune it in person.

Old 12-30-2018, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Radi
Any idea what might be the cause of the limp mode? I'm planning on using SC at some point on my rally Fit. I will tune it more likely conservatively for reliability.
Driven it for maybe 1k miles now.. and first time i actually feel safe with this tune. I feel so comfortable with the tune I don't even take the laptop with me anymore on long trips.

I can really throw down the pedal down now comfortably.. seems like the car is now unable to go into limp mode.. which is a good thing considering it could be very dangerous if the car cut off on your unexpectedly on the highway.

I talked to the tuner, and I think it was just the cat converter sensor causing it... ? I don't know... as long as it is fixed and the car is reliable and safe.... I have all of the stock exhaust on it still, I plan to just leave it all stock.

I am 100% happy with my car and tune. I hope car gives me more years of use! I don't know what else I would rather drive.

Degreased the engine bay today! All of the sweat and stain marks I had on my supercharger all went away after I degreased it, I am really happy because I thought they were stained on there for good. But now it is all shinny again:

Old 12-30-2018, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome!!! Glad it got it squared away and it is looking sweet!!

Any plans to do a dyno run?

Old 01-01-2019, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
Well done and congrats Vash! I have a semi off topic question for you, It’s about the Cusco front strut brace. How did you get everything to fit correctly? When I installed the brace it pushed the whole cowl up too far for the hood to close. I followed the instructions and removed the “air tunnel” rubber as directed. I have a full Sprintex kit to install so I’m concerned about fittment of the whole package. I purchased some metal wedge shims but uncertain about the whole thing. Looks as if yours fits with no issues. Also, what size coupler did you use? Would like to get one for my supercharger prior to install.

Last edited by B.Ruck; 01-01-2019 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-01-2019, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GolNat
Awesome!!! Glad it got it squared away and it is looking sweet!!

Any plans to do a dyno run?
I need too =( hopefully soon.

Originally Posted by B.Ruck
Well done and congrats Vash! I have a semi off topic question for you, It’s about the Cusco front strut brace. How did you get everything to fit correctly? When I installed the brace it pushed the whole cowl up too far for the hood to close. I followed the instructions and removed the “air tunnel” rubber as directed. I have a full Sprintex kit to install so I’m concerned about fittment of the whole package. I purchased some metal wedge shims but uncertain about the whole thing. Looks as if yours fits with no issues. Also, what size coupler did you use? Would like to get one for my supercharger prior to install.
here is a pic of where mine is bolted up, I have it bolted on top of the hinge of the hood mounts, the hole closest to the front of the car:
Name:  6Phdhfy.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  2.30 MB

I am currently using this coupler, i don't recommend it however because it mentions on the box that it is not designed for forced induction:
  • Spectre Coupler Kit 3" to 2.5" part number 8772

I plan on getting a different one in the spring when I do some general maintenance on my car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vash's Sprintex Install log