2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Vash's Sprintex Install log

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 12:25 AM
5 Year Member
That’s where I put mine also but it still sits about 1-2” too high. Hopefully the wedge that I got will work. Looking forward to updates on a dyno run if you do one. Plan to install my supercharger soon.

Old 01-03-2019, 08:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by B.Ruck
That’s where I put mine also but it still sits about 1-2” too high. Hopefully the wedge that I got will work. Looking forward to updates on a dyno run if you do one. Plan to install my supercharger soon.
Part number on the cusco is: 86 540 ANLHD

Make sure you have the left hand drive version
​​​​

Old 02-27-2019, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member

going to try and install these this weekend, the downpipe is a 2inch wrap, and the header is a 1inch wrap, Using Weapon R header and downpipe that I bought on sale from Amazon.

The K&N intake i bought from amazon as well.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
I would highly recomend trying to install the unit as one piece. When I installed mine I installed separately and was a huge pain to connect the two pieces. It took several extentions and a universal joint drive. The main problem installing as one piece is I’m not sure you would be able to line everything up correctly. Might could test fit and mark with a marker so that everything will align will align correctly. I also installed an HKS Hi Power axle back, interesting note on it is that I lost a good bit of midrange power when I installed it. I’m hoping that once I install my supercharger the reducing of the air restriction will be much better in the long run.

Old 03-05-2019, 01:19 AM
Ordered the same down pipe. It will be here Thursday. Let us know how the install goes and any tips and tricks. I still haven't gotten my car supercharged again. I need to figure out how to set up an external map sensor to the intake manifold.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GE8girl22
Ordered the same down pipe. It will be here Thursday. Let us know how the install goes and any tips and tricks. I still haven't gotten my car supercharged again. I need to figure out how to set up an external map sensor to the intake manifold.
What are you trying to do? The supercharger itself should have 2 map ports available. The one closet to the engine is the one you would use if you are are just ktuning it, and you would plug the up the holes of the other map hole. And You would use both map ports if you are doing a piggyback setup.

Currently iam on a hold.. My Dewalt impact driver won't turn those header bolts!!! This is the fist time I have seen the tool not taken something off.. I am going to have to wait until I have access to air tools or when one of my friends can help me with their impact wrench.

The reason iam waiting is because I have messed this up on similar situations and it's best that i not round off the nut or mess up the stud from not having the proper tools. The space is limited back there and currently I can only get a small impact driver with a right angle attachment to reach the bolts.

Old 03-05-2019, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vash
What are you trying to do? The supercharger itself should have 2 map ports available. The one closet to the engine is the one you would use if you are are just ktuning it, and you would plug the up the holes of the other map hole. And You would use both map ports if you are doing a piggyback setup.
While there are two "ports" for MAP sensors, they're both different.

The one closest to the front is a threaded hole that a sensor connects via a tube.

The one in the further in the back (on a separate tube between the unit and the throttle body), where the factory map sensor is put directly in, with an adjacent bolt holding it down.

The issue is the one in the back, where GE8girl22 snapped the bolt/screw that's supposed to hold it in. So, even plugging it up isn't going to work until that is fixed.

Old 03-05-2019, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
While there are two "ports" for MAP sensors, they're both different.

The one closest to the front is a threaded hole that a sensor connects via a tube.

The one in the further in the back (on a separate tube between the unit and the throttle body), where the factory map sensor is put directly in, with an adjacent bolt holding it down.

The issue is the one in the back, where GE8girl22 snapped the bolt/screw that's supposed to hold it in. So, even plugging it up isn't going to work until that is fixed.
Ohhh I didn't realize that was threaded. That explains now why sometimes it feels like it's too big to go sometimes and other times it feels too small. I actually almost drilled that because I was so confused why the map wouldn't go in initially

Old 03-05-2019, 09:37 PM
Well I got that bolt out but when they drilled it out they couldn't get it centered right because it was such a hard bolt. So now that sensor won't fit. I was thinking of using the sprintex map port and taping it to accept a vacuum nipple so I could run an external map. I would just need to figure out how to do that as I have never done that.

Old 03-06-2019, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vash
Ohhh I didn't realize that was threaded. That explains now why sometimes it feels like it's too big to go sometimes and other times it feels too small. I actually almost drilled that because I was so confused why the map wouldn't go in initially
Eh?

Ah, I just checked, it seems like they changed a few more things in V2 (or is it V3 now?), which is moving the nipple mount for an external 3-bar MAP from the front side of the manifold to a direct T-bar on the back of the manifold.

So you're right, they're the same.

Well I got that bolt out but when they drilled it out they couldn't get it centered right because it was such a hard bolt. So now that sensor won't fit. I was thinking of using the sprintex map port and taping it to accept a vacuum nipple so I could run an external map. I would just need to figure out how to do that as I have never done that.
Now that I've realize my mistake, as I have "V1" of the kit...

If you want to do that... I suppose you could see how big the hole is and find a threaded to nipple adapter that is one or two sizes larger, then tap it to that size. My version of the kit came with a threaded nipple pre-installed on the front side.

Question... sf the MAP port you're having issues with on the manifold body?

I wonder if the manifold (or any) part could be bought individually, and if so, how much. I'm debating trying to see if I can find the part of the supercharger that houses the drive gears, since I messed up the fill port.

Last edited by Goobers; 03-06-2019 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:03 AM
I have the V2 with the map flange(?) on the top of the manifold. I know they do sell parts but I have no clue how much they would charge for a new manifold lol. I would rather just try to either block it off or use it for an external MAP. Because the new hole is slightly off I cant use a premade block off plate so i would need a custom one which would be expensive I guess I could always weld it shut and use one of the plugs on the back of the manifold.
Here are pics of the manifold.
Manifold

Old 03-06-2019, 07:59 AM
5 Year Member
I have the V2 with the map flange(?) on the top of the manifold. I know they do sell parts but I have no clue how much they would charge for a new manifold lol. I would rather just try to either block it off or use it for an external MAP. Because the new hole is slightly off I cant use a premade block off plate so i would need a custom one which would be expensive I guess I could always weld it shut and use one of the plugs on the back of the manifold.
Here are pics of the manifold.
Manifold
That is the one you want to use. And you would block off the other one. Just the regular m8 screw fits that location. Regardless of which setup you are using That is the location that would be used for any setup

The map located close to the throttle body does not read boost from my understanding

Last edited by Vash; 03-06-2019 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:11 AM
Yeah no the one on the intake elbow is blocked off. I was talking about using one the the other ports on the sprintex manifold.

Old 03-19-2019, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
finally got them installed, took me like 2 weeks because i don't know what the hell iam doing!!!
Lessons learned:
  • Have REALLY POWER impact wrenches that are the size of impact DRIVERS, space is like a virgin back there because it is TIGHT
  • the included hardware is no where near enough bolts, but thankfully i have a million from previous projects and other cars
  • ALWAYS LIQUID wrench bolts and wait like an hour before putting an impact wrench to it, because i ripped the heads clean off of the EGR bolts
  • Don't put the cowl or anything back on until you test drive it a bit
  • Thanks again Johnnies for your help!
Currently my fuel trims are way off, but i guess that is expected from changing the headers. I am going to use turbogixxer again for the new tune

Old 03-19-2019, 10:31 PM
Woo! My friend and I got it all installed in one (long) night last week (weapon r downpipe and header) . I meant to see if you needed any help or advise but I forgot sorry lol. Had to cut the nuts of the stock cat pipe because it was so rusted my impact just started to round the bolt. The rest of the install was much better after that. I love the sound now with my hks muffler. I want to upgrade my midpipe to 2.5 in with a better resonator. I think I may not have tightened the spring bolts enough because I think I have an exhaust leak from there. How are you liking the sound ( and smell)? Lol

Last edited by GE8girl22; 03-20-2019 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
Any more issues with limp mode?

Old 03-20-2019, 08:09 AM
5 Year Member
Woo! My friend and I got it all installed in one (long) night last week (weapon r downpipe and header) . I meant to see if you needed any help or advise but I forgot sorry lol. Had to cut the nuts of the stock cat pipe because it was so rusted my impact just started to round the bolt. The rest of the install was much better after that. I love the sound now with my hks muffler. I want to upgrade my midpipe to 2.5 in with a better resonator. I think I may not have tightened the spring bolts enough because I think I have an exhaust leak from there. How are you liking the sound ( and smell)? Lol
i may have to go back and tighten that middle part like you mentioned!!! it wasn't long enough with it tightened all the way so mine is alittle bit loose. My header itself became loose after a day so i put some lock-tite on it last night. Hopefully i get it tuned soon.

Originally Posted by Radi
Any more issues with limp mode?
nope..... haven't had a limp mode after tune number 7, but the fuel trims are way off now so I am going to get it retuned.