Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-gen-ge8-specific-fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning-sub-forum/)
-   -   Base shifter bushings and shifter cables bushings (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-gen-ge8-specific-fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning-sub-forum/98446-base-shifter-bushings-shifter-cables-bushings.html)

spookyneo 06-30-2018 05:14 PM

Base shifter bushings and shifter cables bushings

Hey guys,

So my GE8 isn't new, but I would like to improve the shifting and remove the slugginesh to it. I'm a bit late to the party, I know ! More than 10 years ago, I had a quite modified Lancer Ralliart 2006 from which I changed the shifter base bushings to aluminium/brass ones and also the shifter cables bushings for stiffer ones (can't remember if there were brass bushings or just stiffer rubber). It made a world difference in shifting.

So I spent my afternoon looking around the web to find similar products for my GE8. And I have to be honest, I'm a bit lost. Here are my results so far :

Cable bushings
TWM Performance
Torque Solution

I believe Torque Solution would fit my needs. I am a daily driver just looking to enjoy a bit more my ride. The TWM Performance looks nice but are way more expensive.

Base shifter
Many references to H-FIT, but I believe they are out of business. I can't find them anywhere.
Anything else for a GE8 ??

I am not looking for a short shifter. I like the height of the stock shifter, only looking to stiffen it up and be more...satisfying. I read on the forums and various posts that some Acura RSX base shifter bushings are compatible with the Fit. I can't find out if if is compatible with the GE8 shifter however. If that is the case, TWM Performance and Acuity are doing base shifter bushings for the RSX. I just don't know if they are compatible with our GE8. Anyone knows ?

Thanks !

Neo.

evilchargerfan 07-02-2018 03:34 PM

I checked acuity's website and it would appear they only make shifter bushings for gk5. maybe reach out to axion directly to see if they could confirm if their kit may (or may not) work?

evilchargerfan 07-02-2018 03:36 PM

*or I meant to say, reach out to acuity directly

spookyneo 07-02-2018 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan (Post 1404253)
I checked acuity's website and it would appear they only make shifter bushings for gk5. maybe reach out to axion directly to see if they could confirm if their kit may (or may not) work?

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan (Post 1404254)
*or I meant to say, reach out to acuity directly

Thanks for your reply. I did email Acuity and chat with Todd. He mentions that the cable bushings that they will probably fit the GE8, but they have nothing compatible for the base shifter bushings.

I also emailed Torque Solution and TWM. Awaiting for their reply. I still can't find H-Fit base bushings anywhere however. 😥

Alfa38 07-05-2018 12:36 PM

Looking to do the same thing. Our 2011 has 94k miles and one of the prior owners clearly drove with hand resting on the shifter as it is really sloppy (and the knob is really worn). Please post any findings and I’ll do the same.

CodemanGK5 10-27-2019 11:24 AM

I can confirm that stock GK5 bushings fit the GE8, so the acuity gk bushings should fit also.