Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-gen-ge8-specific-fit-exterior-modifications-jdm-styling-sub-forum/)
-   -   DIY: Fog light HID Installation (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-gen-ge8-specific-fit-exterior-modifications-jdm-styling-sub-forum/78038-diy-fog-light-hid-installation.html)

Jephu 05-22-2013 01:35 PM

DIY: Fog light HID Installation

Wafulz 05-22-2013 02:30 PM

nice video +1rep
what about head light hehe

xxryu139xx 05-22-2013 02:42 PM

Looks like a lot of space back there for a retrofit!

TPColgett 05-22-2013 03:34 PM

Cool DIY!!!!

I just "deleted" mine on my GD for additional air flow and "weight savings" :rotfl:

Black3sr 05-22-2013 04:31 PM

Nice DIY. Are these bulb hotter? I have yellow film on mine. Would it burn?

On the testing people. Make sure when you turn headlights on you have them on low beam.

Jephu 05-22-2013 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Wafulz (Post 1182391)
nice video +1rep
what about head light hehe

I'm going to do a retrofit during summer. I just don't have the time to do it right now.

Originally Posted by xxryu139x (Post 1182396)
Looks like a lot of space back there for a retrofit!

Yes, lots of space. I might tackle this project if funds are available when I get parts to do the headlight retrofit.

Originally Posted by Black3sr (Post 1182416)
Nice DIY. Are these bulb hotter? I have yellow film on mine. Would it burn?

On the testing people. Make sure when you turn headlights on you have them on low beam.

I'm not sure if the HID bulb will be hotter ( probably will be ) but I don't think it will burn or melt anything. I've had HID on my OEM replica fogs on my other car and it was fine for 3 years.

***Also, the back up led/stock bulb comparison video will be uploaded this week. Sorry for the delay.

SuperMacGuy 05-22-2013 09:27 PM

HID's in regular halogen fittings are dumb and annoying to other drivers, and could even be considered a night time driving hazard. HID bulbs are not meant to just be stuck into hal sockets. Are they brighter? Well maybe sorta but sometimes not. But you've seen the glare from other cars with them, no? Aren't they just distracting? Look at cars that have real HID projectors from the factory to see the difference. No glare, but great ground and forward illumination.

I'll point you to this rather lengthy thread from a forum where they discuss headlights ad nauseum. The title is in jest, but if you make it about 3 pages in you'll understand some of the folks here know their stuff. And you'll not put HIDs in your car without real projector fittings.
BAN HID headlights, FINE users, JAIL converters! <candlepowerforums.com

Jephu 05-22-2013 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by SuperMacGuy (Post 1182514)
HID's in regular halogen fittings are dumb and annoying to other drivers, and could even be considered a night time driving hazard. HID bulbs are not meant to just be stuck into hal sockets. Are they brighter? Well maybe sorta but sometimes not. But you've seen the glare from other cars with them, no? Aren't they just distracting? Look at cars that have real HID projectors from the factory to see the difference. No glare, but great ground and forward illumination.

I'll point you to this rather lengthy thread from a forum where they discuss headlights ad nauseum. The title is in jest, but if you make it about 3 pages in you'll understand some of the folks here know their stuff. And you'll not put HIDs in your car without real projector fittings.
BAN HID headlights, FINE users, JAIL converters! <candlepowerforums.com

Thanks.. I'll make a DIY on HID install on regular stock housing just for you. Hope you enjoy it. :wiggle: Glare from foglight HID that is pointed down.. that is recessed into the bumper.. gtfo.. lol
If you seen the DIY video, I mentioned about retrofit. If this mod is not for you.. GREAT!

SieGunso 05-22-2013 11:44 PM

pretty awesome you're doing all these DIY videos! easier for people to understand when and where to do what if they're attempting something like this.

i especially like your guide on the doorsteps and cup holder led mod

ydnality 05-23-2015 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jephu (Post 1182377)

Thanks for the post! This is quite useful! Do you have any pictures of the output? Compared to the halogens? Also, how is the alignment, I was worried that doing this mod won't add that much usable light because most of the light is aimed downwards? I'm looking for these to make my low beams even more usable. What do you think?

-Andy