Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-gen-ge8-specific-fit-interior-modifications-sub-forum/)
-   -   2011 Sport w/Navi speaker upgrade (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-gen-ge8-specific-fit-interior-modifications-sub-forum/64039-2011-sport-w-navi-speaker-upgrade.html)

Newly Fit 04-08-2011 04:04 PM

2011 Sport w/Navi speaker upgrade

I have a 2011 Sport with Navi and I want to upgrade the factory speakers, but I do not want to replace the Navi head unit I just paid for. Am I wasting my money on new speakers if I don't upgrade/replace the HU too?
I know the DVD-based GPS is dated, but I like the look, etc. Too bad it doesn't have Bluetooth. I mistook the voice command as Bluetooth. My bad.
Thanks in advance for the feedback.
David

Fit4Spl 04-08-2011 08:18 PM

Upgrading the speakers is something I feel everyone should do especially in the fit, they are very low quality speakers and do not sound that great. You can get a nice component set from anywhere around $100 and up. As far as the Navi unit goes, you can using adapters amplify the components and add a subwoofer if you wish so you do NOT have to get rid of the Navi.

ATLfit10 04-09-2011 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Fit4Spl (Post 981470)
Upgrading the speakers is something I feel everyone should do especially in the fit, they are very low quality speakers and do not sound that great. You can get a nice component set from anywhere around $100 and up. As far as the Navi unit goes, you can using adapters amplify the components and add a subwoofer if you wish so you do NOT have to get rid of the Navi.

what sorts of adapters would you use? I am wondering about this myself but I always confuse myself when dealing with car audio. Thats why I never ended up doing a system in my last car.

say for just components in the front doors and a self contained subwoofer?

Fit4Spl 04-09-2011 07:40 PM

You need a Hi/Low output converter to turn speaker leads to RCA's for the sub or for the components if you are going to amplify them.

Newly Fit 04-10-2011 05:47 PM

thanks Fit4Spl

Thanks for the feedback. Now one more thing. I heard, the way the factory head unit is tuned, my music will sound bad no matter the speakers. True?
That got me to thinking. I left the factory head unit in my 4Runner (figured factory look would not attract thieves) when I upgraded the speakers to Diamond Audio with an Alpine amp. Well, I actually think the sound is better in my new Fit (which I'm paying for with the gas savings from the 4Runner, btw). Do you think the 2011 speakers might be a little better this year?
As always, thanks in advance.

boydb1212 04-10-2011 10:15 PM

Taking out the nav unit

I just got the 11 fit and im putting a sound system in but i cant figure out how to get the nav unit out and any of the paneling off around the unit i see that it is all pop style on it but is there any screws i have to unbolt bc i get some of it off and then it wont budge and i dont want to brake it. So if i can get some help on that, it would be greatly appreciated.

centralharbor 04-11-2011 11:41 PM

There's some threads that have great pictures of uninstalls. I know you pop off the lower piece and theres a screw underneath I think.

boydb1212 04-11-2011 11:47 PM

What is a thread

Im not sure what a thread is can you put a link up or a little more info on that. But i think i know what you are talking about when you say the bottom piece i took that off first i guess i just didnt look hard enough for the screw but i will now thanks for the help

centralharbor 04-12-2011 04:05 PM

this is stickied at the top of this forum
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-ge8-pics.html

boydb1212 04-12-2011 04:12 PM

I now know

Thanks for that info, now i feel dumb. Ive never been on a forum so I guess thats a rookie thing.

centralharbor 04-12-2011 04:47 PM

It's cool. I've done that numerous times and I visit forums regularly.

soulfly 04-12-2011 09:23 PM

some of the best LOC's you can buy. Other good one is the MTX REQ 5
David Navone - Adaptor Products - Car Audio Engineering

boydb1212 04-13-2011 09:41 PM

Thanks Guys

I appreciate all the help and the information you gave me, i got the bottom screw out and it popped right off super easy, i got a pac loc coming and ill be putting it on soon, going to start making a custom sub box and jl audio sound system. Ill be posting photos all along the way. Any advice as im doing things let me know. Thanks again

fitit2010 04-14-2011 01:08 AM

What size are the factory speakers anyway? What drops in?

Red Rockit 04-14-2011 01:32 AM

6.5 front and back

daveyamo 04-14-2011 04:41 PM

Be careful- not a lot of depth behind the speakers with the windows down- probably around 2.5" to the bare metal and 3"+ if you convert the stock speakers to mounting rings. You can gain a few fractions if you fabricate your own speaker mounts because there is a little room between the speaker faces and the door grilles. Just an FYI...

boydb1212 04-14-2011 05:02 PM

Speaker Set up

Thanks for the warning. I plan on actually putting the speaker on the outside of the door so that should give me plenty of room. Ill fab up brackets and all that good stuff.

boydb1212 04-18-2011 10:06 AM

https://post.craigslist.org/imagepre...f8821413bc.jpg Here is the begining of the sub box this is the passenger side hatchback area. I will be putting a jl audio 12w3v2 in this spot.

centralharbor 04-20-2011 02:43 AM

Wow, from what you led on from,i wasn't expecting fiberglassing! Looking forward to your progress pics