Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-gen-ge8-specific-fit-interior-modifications-sub-forum/)
-   -   Wiring main horns (Hella Supertones) to work w/ keyless entry & alarm (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-gen-ge8-specific-fit-interior-modifications-sub-forum/76077-wiring-main-horns-hella-supertones-work-w-keyless-entry-alarm.html)

MEATBABY 01-06-2013 03:57 PM

Wiring main horns (Hella Supertones) to work w/ keyless entry & alarm

Hey guys. I replaced the main horn in my GE8 (the one behind the grill) with supertones, but apparently it's only the secondary horn (beneath the driver's side headlight) that works with the keyless entry and the alarm. Keyless entry meaning when you press the lock button twice on the key fob. Obviously I could just splice into the wire for this horn and run my supertones to them that way, but you pretty much have to remove the front bumper cover to access that horn and the wire. Is there a way I can splice to it somewhere else, like behind the fuse box?

Goobers 01-07-2013 03:15 AM

have you tried taking out the fog lamp and seeing if you can get to it from there? of course, that assumes you have the Sport trim.

if you have the base... try removing the upper grille and seeing if you can reach from there.

I recall once, that after seeing it, it felt ridiculously more accessible than people worried about, despite its location.

MEATBABY 01-07-2013 10:36 AM

I do have a Sport. Haven't tried the fog light, maybe that would work. The front grill I just had off to redo the wiring on the supertones. The horn is accessible, like if you were doing the accord horn swap, you could unhook the old horn and plug the new one in. BUT trying to splice into that wire is next to impossible. The wire has no slack and you can really only get one hand in there, plus the wire has a plastic sleeve you'd have to cut thru. I'll try the fog light idea tho!

Goobers 01-07-2013 10:39 PM

wait... are planning on using the same pair of horns for BOTH normal and security?

I would avoid doing that, because I would worry about it frying the MICU (aka ECU)... unless you plan on using a relay from the security horn wire. because when you hit the horn, it will force some power in reverse, up the factory security wire, right into the MICU. and I wouldn't want to find out whether or not the MICU has some protection against it built in or not (if not, it can fry).

Just unplug the security horn, then use a wire with a male spade on the end and plug that into the factory wire.

add a one-way diode and then splice/combine that extension wire into the factory wire (or a similar extension of it)... running to the relay for the hellas. you are using a relay for the hellas, right?

MEATBABY 01-08-2013 03:51 AM

Yes, relay for the Hellas. I will use your method if I ever take the bumper off again and do the wiring.

Keali'i Pomaika'i 03-13-2019 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by MEATBABY (Post 1156115)
Yes, relay for the Hellas. I will use your method if I ever take the bumper off again and do the wiring.

sorry for bringing this old thread up but did you wire up the supertones to the alarm horn? did you have to use another relay?