Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   Alarm, panic, and lock beep all silent (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/100419-alarm-panic-lock-beep-all-silent.html)

Adamrmusic 04-17-2019 01:32 AM

Alarm, panic, and lock beep all silent

Hello, I just got a 2013 Honda fit this past week. The car has been mostly great and I'm really enjoying it. However, I noticed since I got it that although the remote works for locking the doors, when I click lock a second time, it doesn't beep like it's supposed to. At first, I thought it was in valet mode, but holding down both buttons does nothing. then I thought it was the hood latch sensor, and read that unplugging this should make it beep if that is the issue but unplugging it didn't work. I set off the alarm by locking the car from inside and getting out, and only the lights blink. It is silent. What do I check next? Thanks in advance!

Adamrmusic 04-17-2019 01:40 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I just realized that the hood latch sensor couldn't be the issue because that would only affect the lock beep, but the alarm isn't making noise either

Adamrmusic 04-17-2019 03:43 PM

Update: was checking the relay for the lock/alarm horn and found this.. don't know where it leads yet

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...c6b1ddb37.jpeg

ezone 04-17-2019 07:15 PM

I assume you're talking about the factory alarm, not aftermarket...

Does the horn work at all? (from the steering wheel)

Adamrmusic 04-17-2019 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by ezone (Post 1427249)
I assume you're talking about the factory alarm, not aftermarket...

Does the horn work at all? (from the steering wheel)

Yes, the horn works, but the horn for the lock and alarm are a separate horn. now that I have looked at the alarm horn relay, it appears that something was done after market because there is a wire taped to the relay. Swapping the relay with one from the AC clutch did not do anything

ezone 04-17-2019 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Adamrmusic (Post 1427253)
Yes, the horn works, but the horn for the lock and alarm are a separate horn. now that I have looked at the alarm horn relay, it appears that something was done after market because there is a wire taped to the relay. Swapping the relay with one from the AC clutch did not do anything

Poo, I forgot they are separate on those cars LOL
Did you test the alarm horn, does it work? Wiring okay? (all the way to the underdash fuse box, because the wiring diagram makes it look like the control and relay for the alarm horn is built into the MICU inside that fuse box)

Adamrmusic 04-17-2019 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by ezone (Post 1427255)
Poo, I forgot they are separate on those cars LOL
Did you test the alarm horn, does it work? Wiring okay? (all the way to the underdash fuse box, because the wiring diagram makes it look like the control and relay for the alarm horn is built into the MICU inside that fuse box)

I don't have any way to test the alarm horn, as far as I know. There appears to be no voltage going to the horn connection though, and swapping the relay did not fix that.
I'm not sure what to do next.

ezone 04-17-2019 10:19 PM

According to the wiring diagram I saw, the horn relay in the engine compartment is not for the alarm horn

Horn must be securely bolted because that is its ground circuit....rust and paint can cause problems

Make sure you're not checking the wrong horn
Can you swap the horns? Are both wire connectors the same?

or
Use a jumper wire to power the horn by itself

then if necessary
Continuity tests (or suitable dynamic testing) the wiring from MICU to horn

I wonder if a dealer level scanner would be able to reveal any helpful info

Adamrmusic 04-17-2019 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by ezone (Post 1427258)
According to the wiring diagram I saw, the horn relay in the engine compartment is not for the alarm horn

Horn must be securely bolted because that is its ground circuit....rust and paint can cause problems

Make sure you're not checking the wrong horn
Can you swap the horns? Are both wire connectors the same?

or
Use a jumper wire to power the horn by itself

then if necessary
Continuity tests (or suitable dynamic testing) the wiring from MICU to horn

I wonder if a dealer level scanner would be able to reveal any helpful info

I am aware that the relay for the alarm horn is under the steering column. I was swapping it with one from the engine bay because they are the same. I thought I was checking the correct horn but after reading someone else's description of having to access the horn through the fog light hole, I'm a bit confused because the horn I'm looking at is much higher than the fog lights. However, the primary horns should be centered and this one is on the driver's side so I'm assuming that's it..
The connectors are the same, but there is not enough slack to reach the other horn.

Adamrmusic 04-18-2019 09:40 PM

I am getting no voltage going to the alarm horn with a good relay swapped out for the one that has a wire connected, so I think whatever is going on here will be too complicated to diagnose over the internet.