Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   AC Button Stuck in ON Position (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/100609-ac-button-stuck-position.html)

Not-So-Fit 05-16-2019 09:42 PM

AC Button Stuck in ON Position

Hello everyone,

This is my first time joining any kind of forum so please forgive me if I make some mistakes. I tried following the rules and looked all around for a post concerning this problem, but I couldn't find anything (granted I'm still trying to learn how to navigate the site).

I just bought a nice little 2011 Fit Sport with the Navigation and 83,000 miles on it. It's in great shape, but when I got it home today, I noticed that the air recirculation button is not working. It is not popping back out. Thankfully it is stuck in the ON position, but I can't seem to find anything online (FF, google, Youtube) concerning the matter. I'm a little worried that something might happen and I find it stuck in the OFF position. If anyone has any information that might help me, that would be great. I would like to see if I might be able to tackle the problem myself if possible. Thank you all in advance and I am looking forward to being a part of FF.

ChuckDustin 05-17-2019 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Not-So-Fit (Post 1428816)
Hello everyone,

This is my first time joining any kind of forum so please forgive me if I make some mistakes. I tried following the rules and looked all around for a post concerning this problem, but I couldn't find anything (granted I'm still trying to learn how to navigate the site).

I just bought a nice little 2011 Fit Sport with the Navigation and 83,000 miles on it. It's in great shape, but when I got it home today, I noticed that the air recirculation button is not working. It is not popping back out. Thankfully it is stuck in the ON position, but I can't seem to find anything online (FF, google, Youtube) concerning the matter. I'm a little worried that something might happen and I find it stuck in the OFF position. If anyone has any information that might help me, that would be great. I would like to see if I might be able to tackle the problem myself if possible. Thank you all in advance and I am looking forward to being a part of FF.

Mine literally just started doing the same thing. I have a 2011 Honda Fit with 93,000 miles on it. My switch would only work when I pushed it down, but not wanting to pay the $35 for a new Switch right now, I rigged it to where it stays on due to the Texas summer coming up.

After scouring this website for answers, I've come to the conclusion that most people with this issue experience the same problem a few days or weeks after replacing the switch, which makes me think there's an underlying issue here.

Apart from being a very common issue from the fit, does anyone know why this is happening?

80410TK6A01ZA is the part number you're going to need for the switch. If you want to see if replacing it fixes it for you, please let me know and report back.

I'm going to purchase a switch in about a week. The best way to get it out is to take out the radio so you'll have plenty of room to work with. If you don't want to deal with the radio, then you can attempt to pull at the strings with your hand reaching up through the glove box, and pull on the other end with a pair of pliers.

You can get the AC button detached from the switch by gently prying with a flat-head screwdriver.

EDIT: Welcome to FitFreak ;)