Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   A/C strange problem not always ! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/100766-c-strange-problem-not-always.html)

jazz_racegr 06-08-2019 03:41 PM

A/C strange problem not always !

Hello , guys !

So . . . Jazz 09' 180k , past month I have problem with a/c and I fix it . It was the realy clutch compressor. I make a full clean and refill with freon all was good and ice ! . But , suddenly while I was driving and got A/C on (not in Auto mode)
where it took air to the maximum from vents , just stop to bring air inside to cabin and was recycled into the dash and little to windscreen (the a/c was keep working and get cold air) . If I shut off and on all are working great again. This happend 2 times in 10days about. Any suggestion please ?

jazz_racegr 06-09-2019 03:54 AM

Hello guys , the car keeps make this problem today , and the workshop can not find the reason ! Please anyone any experience?

Fiting 06-09-2019 10:52 AM

I don't have any comments relating to your refurbished A/C system, but have some related to the other ventilation bits.

On my other cars I had similar issues with: broken mix OR distribution doors/motors/controls. Also some of the cheap plastic HVAC piping could be disloged due to poor assembly or a sloppy mechanic that was in there before.

Check the fresh air intake piping for leaves debris as that can cause intermittent issues.

I had a bathroom fan where the motor and blower wheel disconnected. So the motor was spinning but sometimes there was little to no air blowing. 2-part epoxy may be a fix.

The blower motor cold be dying also. Typical symptoms would be loud noise, ticking noise, only turns on sometimes, requires a few physical taps to turn it on.

Dirty air filters tend to just stop air from blowing but you can check. Some systems won't work properly without an airfilter.

jazz_racegr 06-09-2019 02:35 PM

The workshop can not find the reason ....I think something in a/c console is make this happen

Pyts 06-10-2019 01:09 PM

A language barrier to Fiting is like an anthill, crushed under his size 15 Redwings.

Based on your choice of words, he's right. Your failure regarding the direction of air flow would be mechanical.
:popc:

Fiting 06-10-2019 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pyts (Post 1430102)
A language barrier to Fiting is like an anthill, crushed under his size 15 Redwings.

Thanks @Pyts !

I haven't opened the FIT HVAC system so just have general comments on typical car HVAC issues. For sure there are other possibilities but these are popular and usually easy to DIY. So where I would start. YMMV

jazz_racegr 06-11-2019 12:23 AM

Thanks guys! Let me ask , I can not find any DIY guide for HVAC system , is anywhere the technical manual of this part?

steve37 06-14-2019 03:48 PM

Not sure if I'm really understanding your first post.
My 2010 Fit a/c started working intermittently last week. I asked the service rep at the dealership and he said they have had multiple problems with the a/c relay that is located under the battery.
I bought one and plugged it in. Problem fixed.

cbounds 06-27-2019 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by steve37 (Post 1430341)
Not sure if I'm really understanding your first post.
My 2010 Fit a/c started working intermittently last week. I asked the service rep at the dealership and he said they have had multiple problems with the a/c relay that is located under the battery.
I bought one and plugged it in. Problem fixed.

Was it not working at idle then would work intermittently at speed?

steve37 06-28-2019 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by cbounds (Post 1431163)
Was it not working at idle then would work intermittently at speed?

Since then, the weather has turned hot and the problem has returned. A/C works when the car is cool, but as it gets hot, it doesn't.
Going in to the shop to get it figured out soon.

jazz_racegr 06-28-2019 11:05 AM

after days .... I get to shop and put the a/c to machine for check . My compressor is "tired" so he has loss power. Any suggestion to buy new compressor about company ?