Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   Windshield Wiper Replacements Fit? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/106772-windshield-wiper-replacements-fit.html)

pthompso99@yahoo.com 02-22-2023 02:10 PM

Windshield Wiper Replacements Fit?

Just put on my second set of new tires, 2013 Honda Fit (base, automatic, hatch). Having on problem. Decided to have tire place (Discount Tire, where I got first set in 2016) put on new wipers. Initially they put in 26 in for driver and (what they say is) 14 in for passenger. But, I have noticed I get "gaps" and overall less wiping with these TPO-branded wipers. The did change out 26 in for 28, but still see less coverage.The old blades seemed to have better coverage. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Frenzal 02-22-2023 04:33 PM

I think OE blades are the best. Plus you can only replace the blade when needed. Super easy.

SheldonWS12 02-23-2023 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Frenzal (Post 1475043)
I think OE blades are the best. Plus you can only replace the blade when needed. Super easy.

Originally Posted by pthompso99@yahoo.com (Post 1475039)
Just put on my second set of new tires, 2013 Honda Fit (base, automatic, hatch). Having on problem. Decided to have tire place (Discount Tire, where I got first set in 2016) put on new wipers. Initially they put in 26 in for driver and (what they say is) 14 in for passenger. But, I have noticed I get "gaps" and overall less wiping with these TPO-branded wipers. The did change out 26 in for 28, but still see less coverage.The old blades seemed to have better coverage. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Agreed - genuine blades are the way to go, imo they look better (stock) and are a simple change. We replace ours minimum once a year.

spotnz 02-24-2023 02:29 AM

I'm using newly fitted non OEM wiper blades , which are miles better that the ones with it, when I bought the car. Everything, except the arm part bolted to the car is new. Being longer than what was needed, meant that I had to cut the excess off. Did you just change the rubber?

mykizism 02-24-2023 02:41 AM

I wish my car came with the OEM wipers.

Currently they are fitted with those "flexible" aftermarket blades. They "skip" on the upper portion of the wipe motion and make an awful sound on every cycle.

spotnz 02-24-2023 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by mykizism (Post 1475090)
I wish my car came with the OEM wipers.

Currently they are fitted with those "flexible" aftermarket blades. They "skip" on the upper portion of the wipe motion and make an awful sound on every cycle.

my rubber bits have 2 steel reinforcing bars. One each on either side of the rubber. this https://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/blo...mechanical-new might help you choose a better set of wipers

Frenzal 02-24-2023 11:13 AM

Just buy OEM wipers at an online Honda dealer. Shouldn't be too expensive.

Langelo DeMysterioso 02-25-2023 03:32 PM

PIAA Silicone. The best wipers hands down. :cool:
I've used them for years on every one of my cars. They last longer and don't squeak. I'm using a 13 inch and 26 inch on my GE8. I modified a 13 inch for the back. On the front it leaves a tiny triangle on the bottom of the windscreen closer to the passenger side but I'm satisfied with the coverage.

NWCH 02-26-2023 09:37 AM

OEM Honda refills only. Aftermarket blades just don't perform as well as Honda parts do.

spotnz 02-26-2023 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Langelo DeMysterioso (Post 1475133)
PIAA Silicone. The best wipers hands down. :cool:
I've used them for years on every one of my cars. They last longer and don't squeak. I'm using a 13 inch and 26 inch on my GE8. I modified a 13 inch for the back. On the front it leaves a tiny triangle on the bottom of the windscreen closer to the passenger side but I'm satisfied with the coverage.

agreed. They are a great alternative when a Honda dealer doesn't fit into your lifestyle. eg when that costs 5 times the alternatives, which do a superb job. I don't have a Honda dealer in town. The aftermarket ones I use, do the job to a standard I am comfortable with. With no noticeable missing bits.

NWCH 02-27-2023 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by spotnz (Post 1475155)
agreed. They are a great alternative when a Honda dealer doesn't fit into your lifestyle. eg when that costs 5 times the alternatives, which do a superb job. I don't have a Honda dealer in town. The aftermarket ones I use, do the job to a standard I am comfortable with. With no noticeable missing bits.

Then order them online. OEM Honda refills are cheap on amazon.

pthompso99@yahoo.com 02-27-2023 11:45 AM

Thanks for the feedback, Since I was dsunb (and didn't collect old parts from Discount Tire), I will have to buy the "whole" wiper. not justy blade.

pthompso99@yahoo.com 02-27-2023 11:46 AM

Yes, i know the very triagle you mentioned. I have it, with the "nominal" 14 inch after-marked TPO

pthompso99@yahoo.com 02-27-2023 11:47 AM

Yes. All bad for me.

pthompso99@yahoo.com 02-27-2023 11:48 AM

Unfortunarely, Discount Tire changed metal and rubber part.

NWCH 02-28-2023 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by pthompso99@yahoo.com (Post 1475178)
Unfortunarely, Discount Tire changed metal and rubber part.

That is why you don't let those guys work on your car...

They take the good parts off, and replace it with bullshit aftermarket stuff that doesn't work as well. Because it makes them money.