Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   09 owners: The sit behind yourself test (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/31240-09-owners-sit-behind-yourself-test.html)

FitorRogue 09-14-2008 06:22 PM

09 owners: The sit behind yourself test

Here in omaha the 09 Fit are basically sold once the show up. No dealers will let you test drive or sit in those sold vechicles. I am 5'10 and whenever I test drive a car I alway adjust the driver seat and then get in the back seat and see how much leg room there is. Anyone 09 owners around my height who want to comment on the leg room in the back?

kingofpicklez 09-14-2008 06:45 PM

i'm around 5'8" 5'9" ish and in the front seats the seats are really spacious, i have yet to sit in the back seats of my car but i think it should be pretty spacious cuz some of my friends who are quite big has sat in the back without any problems.

CrystalFiveMT 09-14-2008 07:46 PM

I'm 5'8" and I like to have the driver's seat a little back more than most I'd say, yet when I get in the back my knees don't come anywhere near the front seat backs. IOW, it's quite roomy back there for this class. If you recline the rear seat backs a little and raise the headrests, it gets even better.

Yes, the fuel tank kinda impedes foot space under the front seats, but this ain't no limo. I have no complaints.

*Jonathan 09-14-2008 07:48 PM

While I don't have my fit yet (I should be getting it this week) I have done the sit behind myself test. I'm about 6'1 and I have no problem sitting behind myself comfortably especially with the the rear seats in the reclined position.

cyclefit 09-14-2008 08:09 PM

I'm 6'2" and there is room behind me.

How do you recline the rear seats?

CrystalFiveMT 09-14-2008 09:14 PM

The same levers on the seat tops....pull those and recline the seatbacks to where you want them and release.

n2oinferno 09-14-2008 11:29 PM

I'm 6'3" and I went out and test drove one. When I got back to the dealership I climbed into the back and there was plenty of room. Not really enough to stretch out, but a few inches from my knees. Some people like their chair back farther, I guess it might be cramped that way. I tend to sit in the "correct" driving position, knees slightly bent, sitting as straight up as is comfortable, and able to rest my wrist on the top of the wheel without leaning forward in the seat.

hanzo 09-15-2008 08:16 AM

I am 6'2", when I put the seat all the way back and got out sit behind it my knees are touching the back of the seat but not pushing on it. I think either the back seat got bigger compare to the old Fit or the front seat doesn't go as far back as the old one.

Silly Monkey 09-15-2008 08:31 AM

I'm a tick under 6'11" (and shrinking), and I recently went on a test drive with my brother -- we're both waiting for '09s. I sat in the back behind the driver's seat (brother is 6'9") and I had absolutely no problem whatsoever. BTW, I can understand the dealer not letting you test drive a pre-sold car, but he/she should have no problem letting you sit inside for a few seconds, especially before the car is prepped for delivery.

hanzo 09-15-2008 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Silly Monkey (Post 426607)
I'm a tick under 6'11" (and shrinking), and I recently went on a test drive with my brother -- we're both waiting for '09s. I sat in the back behind the driver's seat (brother is 6'9") and I had absolutely no problem whatsoever. BTW, I can understand the dealer not letting you test drive a pre-sold car, but he/she should have no problem letting you sit inside for a few seconds, especially before the car is prepped for delivery.

Wow your family have some tall people. I am the only tall one since I am asian lol.

Silly Monkey 09-15-2008 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by hanzo (Post 426608)
Wow your family have some tall people. I am the only tall one since I am asian lol.

What was I thinking? I'm laughing as I'm typing, as my tiny brain hadn't absorbed the caffeine from my coffee prior to my first post. When I initially read your replyI was thinking that I've never considered myself tall -- then I reread my post. Correction: I'm 5'11" and my brother is 5'9". Maybe I should go back to bed :o