Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   WeatherTech Floor Liners Now Available!!! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/33674-weathertech-floor-liners-now-available.html)

AWDturbo 10-29-2008 06:42 AM

WeatherTech Floor Liners Now Available!!!

I just checked on this Monday night and WeatherTech had nothing for the 2009 Fit. But I checked again last night before going to bed, and they DO now have 2009 Honda Fit products available, including their floor liners.:hyper:

Needless to say, I put in an order (and got some for the Subaru, too.)

I know fellow Fit owners in the snow states and Canada should be thrilled about this.

Linky:
WeatherTech Automotive Accessories - FloorLiner? DigitalFit? - 2009 Honda Fit - WeatherTech Floor Liner - floor liner, floor tray protects and lines the floor of truck and SUV carpeting from mud, snow, water and dirt

JDM_DOHC_SiR 10-29-2008 06:52 AM

Good find...http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95...y/winkwink.gif

Surviver of the Fittest 10-29-2008 07:09 AM

it appears they only have the first row floor liners. what happens to the second row? i hope the second row (when it comes out) will cover the hump as well.

Anyway I send them the request a couple of weeks ago when I first got my Fit and obviously it did something (I am sure a lot of Fitters requested too). Keep on sending them the request on their website so they will get more products out faster!!

AWDturbo 10-29-2008 07:25 AM

Re Rear Mats

Yes, only fronts were available - for now, anyway.

I didn't mind, though, because I already have the OEM rubber mats, and the rear OEM mats are HUGE. Plenty to protect from the wet shoes of a four-year-old boy.

In my Audi, the problem I ran into with the OEM front rubber mats was that when you had serious amounts of snow on your shoes, the resulting water would pool up in the mat, and then spill over under accelleration or when parked on an incline. Over the years, I wound up with a river running down between the seats and center console and into the back seat area. This was loaded with road salt, so the car had white racing stripes in the carpet. And that salt is a PAIN IN THE ASS to clean up, too. And as many B5 A4's/S4's were sold, they never came out with liners for that car.

What we need is something to put on the back of the passenger seat to protect the seat from his shoes/boots when he kicks at the seat or stretches his legs. We've told him not to touch the seat with his feet (unless he's riding w/o shoes on, which he likes to do a lot) but he is four, and his ability to follow instructions is, shall we say, a bit lacking sometimes ;)

JDM_DOHC_SiR 10-29-2008 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by AWDturbo (Post 475609)
... but he is four, and his ability to follow instructions is, shall we say, a bit lacking sometimes ;)

Sounds like some of the people that work for me and theyare in there mid 20`s:rolleyes::popc::rotfl:

ctsport 10-29-2008 07:38 AM

Thanks for the link! I wonder if the have plans to make a cargo tray version as well.

FitCanada_Girl 10-29-2008 09:25 AM

Website for Canada

Originally Posted by AWDturbo (Post 475601)
I just checked on this Monday night and WeatherTech had nothing for the 2009 Fit. But I checked again last night before going to bed, and they DO now have 2009 Honda Fit products available, including their floor liners.:hyper:

Needless to say, I put in an order (and got some for the Subaru, too.)

I know fellow Fit owners in the snow states and Canada should be thrilled about this.

Linky:
WeatherTech Automotive Accessories - FloorLiner? DigitalFit? - 2009 Honda Fit - WeatherTech Floor Liner - floor liner, floor tray protects and lines the floor of truck and SUV carpeting from mud, snow, water and dirt

Here's the link for Canadians: WeatherTech Automotive Accessories - FloorLiner? DigitalFit? - 2009 Honda Fit - WeatherTech Floor Liner - floor liner, floor tray protects and lines the floor of truck and SUV carpeting from mud, snow, water and dirt

Cost is $142.95 which INCLUDES freight, but is only for the 2 front mats. No listing for rear ones. Now I'm curious, having no experience with Weathertech. How does it compare to the Honda all-weather mats? With winter around the corner, I do want to maximize the protection of the carpeting. We gets tons of road salt/sand up here so this is critical! I WAS planning to keep my all-weather mats down and put my winter mats on top, but the "custom" fit of the Weathertech would seem like a better approach. Thoughts???

FiveFreshFish 10-29-2008 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl (Post 475662)
Here's the link for Canadians: WeatherTech Automotive Accessories - FloorLiner? DigitalFit? - 2009 Honda Fit - WeatherTech Floor Liner - floor liner, floor tray protects and lines the floor of truck and SUV carpeting from mud, snow, water and dirt

Cost is $142.95 which INCLUDES freight, but is only for the 2 front mats. No listing for rear ones. Now I'm curious, having no experience with Weathertech. How does it compare to the Honda all-weather mats? With winter around the corner, I do want to maximize the protection of the carpeting. We gets tons of road salt/sand up here so this is critical! I WAS planning to keep my all-weather mats down and put my winter mats on top, but the "custom" fit of the Weathertech would seem like a better approach. Thoughts???

Thanks for the link. The Honda all-weather floor mats are $178.90 for four pieces. My dealer offers 15% off accessories so that's $152.07 which to me is a better deal. If you keep a few paper towels in the car to soak up the excess before it sloshes onto the carpet, the Honda all-weather mats should do the trick. I always knock off as much snow off my boots before getting in and this helps keep a lot out of the car.

FitCanada_Girl 10-29-2008 10:50 AM

Well that's the thing, I already have the Honda all weather mats which I was planning to keep in my car year-round. In the winter I would throw my winter mats (generic deep groove ones from Canadian Tire) on top for added protection.

I was just curious if the Weathertech would be a better "stand-alone" option, given the complete coverage in the front? I wouldn't get any for the rear since I find my all-weather ones offer excellent coverage.

Yeah the "sit and hit feet together to get rid of snow" move is highly adviseable! It gets pretty darn cold up here in Sudbury so this ends up being quicker/less efficient as the winter moves on, hence the need for excellent mats!

mole177 10-29-2008 03:46 PM

i have them in my 4 runner. they're awesome.

FitStir 10-29-2008 05:03 PM

I hope they will make a cargo tray/rear seat back protector also.
I've seen it on a foreign Honda website (cant remember which one), it attaches to the back of the rear seats with what looks like the stock clips, and its OEM Honda, but the Weather tech material looks like it would be more heavy duty.

AWDturbo 10-29-2008 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl (Post 475662)
...but the "custom" fit of the Weathertech would seem like a better approach. Thoughts???

That's why I'm spending the extra $$ to get these liners.

Like my first post explains about my old OEM Audi mats, normal "flat" all-weather mats (like OEM Audi, Honda, etc) are far better than carpet mats, and fine for climates that do not get snow, but they simply don't contain serious amounts of moisture and the salt that often comes with it.

The OEM Honda mats are still great for year-round use - I've come to prefer having rubber mats in our cars because on car-washing day, it's nice to just toss them on the driveway, scrub them lightly with a soapy brush and toss them back in when dry.

07FitSBOM 10-29-2008 08:05 PM

I call and talk to them and ask them about the 2nd row floor liners and they told me it is about 9 weeks away and they do cover the hump and they told me it is about $60 or so. I just wait for the complete package.

Surviver of the Fittest 10-30-2008 07:41 AM

The Weahtertech liners - can they be taken out to clean (spray w/ hose) easily? From description it seems that all dirt is to be scooped out of the door sill. That's ok if you are sweeping dirt but if there's liquid in there how do you "pour" it out if the liner is rigid and not easily removeable?

Otherwise I really like the liner idea. Will wait for the back one too.

prelude_guy97 10-30-2008 04:05 PM

The WeatherTech Floorliners are an excellent product! I bought them for my '08 when they first came out. You never have to vacuum your front floors.

FitCanada_Girl 10-30-2008 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by prelude_guy97 (Post 477240)
The WeatherTech Floorliners are an excellent product! I bought them for my '08 when they first came out. You never have to vacuum your front floors.

I find the coverage of my OEM all-weather mats excellent for the back, not so much for the front. I have no issues using them for 3 seasons, but once winter hits would you guys recommend the WeatherTech for the front? I'm taking it, from replies here, the answer would be yes but I wanted more specific input as to WINTER use. Is it fairly easy to remove them to pour out melted snow/salt? Great...another $142.95 + 13% sales tax = $161.63! :( Thankfully my winter wheels/tires are already purchased, ready to go on in 3 weeks...

prelude_guy97 10-30-2008 04:31 PM

What I do in the winter is put a mat on top of the floor liner. The mat has high edges that can at least hold a bit of melted snow when turning. I also position it diagonally with the front part of the mat going past the gas pedal so that snow/water that falls off your shoes lands in the deep part of the mat.

Just remember to empty the top mat every day or 2.

prelude_guy97 10-30-2008 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Surviver of the Fittest (Post 476864)
The Weahtertech liners - can they be taken out to clean (spray w/ hose) easily? From description it seems that all dirt is to be scooped out of the door sill. That's ok if you are sweeping dirt but if there's liquid in there how do you "pour" it out if the liner is rigid and not easily removeable?

Otherwise I really like the liner idea. Will wait for the back one too.

In mine, the dirt stays inside the floorliner, the sides go up a few inches. Mine is easily removed and to clean them, I hose them and then take a rag with soap and wipe them off then hose them off again.

FitCanada_Girl 10-30-2008 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by prelude_guy97 (Post 477288)
What I do in the winter is put a mat on top of the floor liner. The mat has high edges that can at least hold a bit of melted snow when turning. I also position it diagonally with the front part of the mat going past the gas pedal so that snow/water that falls off your shoes lands in the deep part of the mat.

Just remember to empty the top mat every day or 2.

Ah, what I wanted to hear...input from a fellow who KNOWS what Canadian winters are like! Thank you! + Rep to you. Of course this means I'm out another $161.63 but I'll feel "safer" (ok, carpets will be more protected is what I mean) going the route of WeatherTech liner PLUS my winter mats on top. Apparently the rear ones are at least 2 months away which is WAY too long a wait for me in Sudbury. I'll just go for the front ones and see how the OEM all-weather mats hold up over the first winter.

FitCanada_Girl 10-31-2008 02:45 PM

Update on WeatherTech Floor Liners for CANADA

So I emailed the WeatherTech supplier in Canada and got the following response just a few moments ago:

"I am sorry but this is a brand newly released part only has only just been released for production. So we have no inventory at all on this part. Due to the time of season it realistically will not be available for about 3-4 weeks. I know that is not what you want to hear but because this will be our first load it will take extra time. You can put them on order so that you will be one of the first in line when they do become shippable."

Just wanted to give fellow Canadians a heads-up as to delayed availability of this product. Note that is for the digital whatever front row floor LINERS, not mats and they're for the 2009 Honda Fit.

To our U.S. counterparts, please let us know when you get your WeatherTech liners at your location. Curious to hear if there are any similar delays south of the border...