Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   Instrument light dimmer (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/38018-instrument-light-dimmer.html)

c-weed 02-01-2009 11:37 PM

Instrument light dimmer

Test drove an 09 Fit the other day. Looked all over for a dimmer for the instrument panel illumination. Salesman didn't have a clue. Does the Fit have the ability to dim the instruments?

Neebs 02-01-2009 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by c-weed (Post 564447)
Test drove an 09 Fit the other day. Looked all over for a dimmer for the instrument panel illumination. Salesman didn't have a clue. Does the Fit have the ability to dim the instruments?

Just turn the long knob.

it's pronounced iVTEC 02-01-2009 11:58 PM

click the headlight switch on once, 2 clicks gives you the headlights

qbmurderer13 02-02-2009 01:28 AM

Actually 09's dont dim the cluster when you turn on the headlights. They are on full brightness at all times.

polaski 02-02-2009 01:44 AM

It's not in the gauge cluster like the GD?

I know on mine it's the trip control knob, gotta reach way around the steering wheel to turn it. Only works when parking lights/ headlights are on.

Dumb position IMO, but it has 10+ levels of illumination, far better than the 3 you get on the civic.

qbmurderer13 02-02-2009 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by polaski (Post 564560)

I know on mine it's the trip control knob, gotta reach way around the steering wheel to turn it. Only works when parking lights/ headlights are on.

Dumb position IMO, but it has 10+ levels of illumination, far better than the 3 you get on the civic.

Actually your absolutely right, I forgot all about that. I always have mine all the way up and never touch it so I thought it wasnt adjustable. I never adjust it anyways...

SheepNutz 02-02-2009 05:16 PM

You just turn the knob near the instruments (the same one you push it to change between odometer, trip meter, mpg and oil life). I change mine often, because at full brightness, it'll leave the navi screen in daytime mode when I have the headlights on, and when it gets completely dark out, I just dim it one level, and that turns the navi screen to nighttime mode.

jrlnc 02-02-2009 07:26 PM

Thanks for the tip!

I tried dimming mine today, and found out something interesting. :)

I have an aftermarket NAVI (Pionneer AVIC F90BT) on my Fit. When I dim the dash-lights, it will also dim the NAVI screen.

At night that thing is really bright, but during the day it could use a few more clicks of brightness.

Stormtrooper 02-02-2009 08:27 PM

squint your eyes...... I kid

Goodguy-Fly 02-02-2009 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by polaski (Post 564560)

I don't know how I have gone so long without knowing this. Thanks.

it's pronounced iVTEC 02-03-2009 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by qbmurderer13 (Post 564550)
Actually 09's dont dim the cluster when you turn on the headlights. They are on full brightness at all times.

Actually, mine does, could just be on the Canadian model maybe?:confused:

Virtual 02-03-2009 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by it's pronounced iVTEC (Post 565577)
Actually, mine does, could just be on the Canadian model maybe?:confused:

Nope. The Canadian model has the brightness control. I think there's confusion because the gauges stay at full brightness when the lights are off.

secondspassed 02-03-2009 03:11 PM

anyone know how to trick the gauge cluster into being in night mode all the time? i've been thinking there must be a way...

it's pronounced iVTEC 02-03-2009 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Virtual (Post 565827)
Nope. The Canadian model has the brightness control. I think there's confusion because the gauges stay at full brightness when the lights are off.

hm. cuz when i have my lights off the gauge cluster is at full bright but the instrument panel lights are off but on the first click of the lights my headlights stay off, gauge cluster dims and the instrument panel lights go on

Longshanks 09-12-2016 03:42 AM

Hi,
I have the 2013 Jazz Si model in the UK. I too am having difficulty in working out how to dim the instrument panel lights. Is the above info and comments relevent to my model.
Regards
Brian