Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   2010 info yet? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/38049-2010-info-yet.html)

cab0053 02-02-2009 08:45 PM

2010 info yet?

I was just curious if anyone has any info or rumors on the '10 yet. I did some minor poking around on google and skimmed around here and all I found was that the fit hybrid is due sometime in 2010. I am personally hoping for side mirrors with blinkers on them, since the new Insight has them. I know that the north american market is lacking quite a few options compared to the rest of the world, like AWD, and leathery stuff and it would be nice to see it here.

billmus86 02-02-2009 08:52 PM

the fit hybrid IS the insight

Goodguy-Fly 02-02-2009 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by billmus86 (Post 565288)
the fit hybrid IS the insight

Incorrect

I do believe there are still plans to make a Fit Hybrid, but it will only be available in Japan for now. They had announced in May of last year they would offer a hybrid Fit in the United States; since then, they have changed their minds. That would have been four hybrid models!

Honda Fit hybrid not coming to the U.S. - AutoblogGreen

"Over the past year, Honda officials have spoken extensively about plans for hybrid vehicles to be added to the lineup. Starting next spring, a new hybrid-only five door hatchback that looks like a scaled down version of the FCX Clarity will debut at a price expected to be less than $19,000. That will be followed by a second dedicated hybrid coupe based on the CR-Z concept. The Civic hybrid will also be staying in the U.S. lineup. What U.S. buyers won't be getting is a fourth model that has been mentioned by CEO Takeo Fukui. Honda will add its IMA hybrid system to the Fit, but only for the Japanese market."

billmus86 02-02-2009 09:24 PM

ok well the the inisght is based on the fit
it shares many of the underpinnings-- and think about it - the gas tank is still under the front seats allowing battery to be under the rear=
i find it hard to believe there is ANOTHER fit/hybrid in the works

Goodguy-Fly 02-02-2009 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by billmus86 (Post 565307)
it shares many of the underpinnings-- and think about it - the gas tank is still under the front seats allowing battery to be under the rear=

I certainly hope there is because however much I like the new Insight, I like the styling of the Fit more.

billmus86 02-02-2009 09:35 PM

with some cardboard and duct tape you should be able to square the hatch off a bit more on the insight.
haha

moolman 02-02-2009 10:28 PM

Things like AWD, auto climate control, leather etc will never come to the US because it'll push up the price past the Civic and into Accord territory, people overseas will pay for a small car to have those options but not here in US except the people here on fitfreak. The rest of the US will think you're crazy for paying $30k to buy a Fit with those kinds of options. What you can likely expect from the 2010 is everything to be the same except in terms of body, I wouldn't expect slide blinking mirrors until the mid-cycle refresh if the Fit ever gets it in the US. Realistic is probably something as simple as a bluetooth option for the Navi, which it the 09 sorely lacks.

Alex

cab0053 02-02-2009 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Goodguy-Fly (Post 565302)
. What U.S. buyers won't be getting is a fourth model that has been mentioned by CEO Takeo Fukui. Honda will add its IMA hybrid system to the Fit, but only for the Japanese market."

MF cker

Originally Posted by moolman (Post 565391)
Things like AWD, auto climate control, leather etc will never come to the US because it'll push up the price past the Civic and into Accord territory, people overseas will pay for a small car to have those options but not here in US except the people here on fitfreak. The rest of the US will think you're crazy for paying $30k to buy a Fit with those kinds of options. What you can likely expect from the 2010 is everything to be the same except in terms of body, I wouldn't expect slide blinking mirrors until the mid-cycle refresh if the Fit ever gets it in the US. Realistic is probably something as simple as a bluetooth option for the Navi, which it the 09 sorely lacks.

Alex

understandable. I bet the 1.3awd would a very small and extraordinary loyal following in Canada, the rockies and maybe NE area.

I wonder what the insight blinker mirrors cost and if (and should) they fit on the ge8

Goodguy-Fly 02-03-2009 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by cab0053 (Post 565417)
MF cker

understandable. I bet the 1.3awd would a very small and extraordinary loyal following in Canada, the rockies and maybe NE area.

I wonder what the insight blinker mirrors cost and if (and should) they fit on the ge8

Not always so apparent online, are you mad at me or the fact that Honda won't be bringing the hybrid here?

Climatologist 02-03-2009 03:19 AM

That's a real shame....a hybrid Fit...or even a Fit with a Start/Stop system would have been a nice buy. I think Honda missed it with this one....the Insight is hideous.

solbrothers 02-03-2009 03:24 AM

the 2010 fit is going to come w/ the k20

Climatologist 02-03-2009 03:25 AM

I'm sorry I'm a little ignorant regarding what that means...can you elaborate?

solbrothers 02-03-2009 03:26 AM

k20. teh bestest motor since teh b16 vtak!!!!!!!!!

Jonniedee 02-03-2009 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by billmus86 (Post 565307)

Wrong - the gas tank is under the back seat in the new Insight - hence the less than stellar rear leg room. :rolleyes:

http://img2.netcarshow.com/Honda-Ins...llpaper_dd.jpg

Committobefit08 02-03-2009 08:18 AM

Solbrother:
The fit was out 7 years (2 in the US) and we had the most powerful engine (108 Hp) They just release the new engine with almost 10 more hp this year. I don't think they are going to come out with another hp bump for another 2-3 years. If so..I think the overall dimensions and weight of the car will grow with it. Which defeats the purpose of the fit if you ask me.
Just wait a year or so and they will have a some sort of turbo kit for this new gen but yet again adding power to an economy car just defeats the purpose all together.

If you want 200+ hp and want to go fast buy a s2k, 370z, genesis coupe, etc....

solbrothers 02-03-2009 08:44 AM

i know im just kidding. im MORE than satisfied with my 90-something wheel horsepower, if that

Committobefit08 02-03-2009 09:24 AM

Oh..ha ha.

Well we are all allowed to dream aren't we?
Only time will tell.

solbrothers 02-03-2009 11:21 AM

yes. only time will tell :e-beer:

BakedCookies 02-03-2009 01:43 PM

the 2010 Fit will be the exact same as the 2009, new owners should pray for better seat materials though.

c32andy 02-03-2009 01:47 PM

anyone know when will the 2010 be in the showroom?