2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The USDM To JDM Taillight exchange program for GE's

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm in!!! For some LED's

Old 03-05-2009, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't mind paying for some tail's either....

Old 03-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Updated again. I'm on hold. Need to order something else first.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:08 PM
To all guys
I asked my friend about swap the tail lights , many guys they're not sure many things such as
1.They only have 1 set of tail light
2.They don't wanna pay to much[ cost of shipping to USA very high]
3.They like the JDM LED tail light then USDM
4.They don't know about Paypal ....etc

So I have an idea ,I 'll go to the Honda showroom to check the price of them today.
It's cost 100$+- and I'll check the postoffice for shipping too.

Preaw

ps.I still looking for a guy to swap with you.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
so are you guys swapping at the same time so two ppl are w/out tails, or are jdm guys sending theirs and then when usdm guys receive, they return? are you guys running w/out tails? I am confused about this...

Old 03-05-2009, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cab0053
so are you guys swapping at the same time so two ppl are w/out tails, or are jdm guys sending theirs and then when usdm guys receive, they return? are you guys running w/out tails? I am confused about this...
Squawking upgraded to JDM LED, so he had extra T L's

which he sent to me, once I got those only then was I in a position to ship mine.

But the problems Squawking 7500 is running into are not many guys have the extra set. I thought they would like the different look of the USDM's on their cars (as they are a little like JDM LED) but apparently not and the back and forth shipping adds up.
Plus we thru a big list at him all at once and he travels a lot for work being a pilot thus the amount of time he has to help us is limited. This may end up being a slower process with none of it being Squawking 7500's fault.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
maybe we need 2 lists. 1, for those who want to trade and 2, for those who want to buy straight up and have cash in hand. i would like to be the first to be moved to the second list. i've got paypal and am willing to use it.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Banned
Man, this thread is a nice attempt at a good result, but it requires too many people to make a decision and act too quickly. I don't think that it's gonna work, but I wish you all the best of luck. I personally hate the '09 tail light design.

So, today I bought a can of aerosol headlight/tail light tint from an eBay vendor to change the look of my own '09 tails. Depending upon my own skills in its use, this will probably cure my intense dislike of my tail lights until some manufacturer offers a better looking set of tails for sale at a reasonable price. Again, I wish you all the best of luck! The '09 USDM tails are disgusting compared to the '08-09s, and look how many people paid rip-off prices to replace THEM!

Last edited by manxman; 03-05-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Banned
Sorry Tork, I didn't mean to sink your effort with my agreement about the desire for a better look. Maybe the fact that some/many North Americans dislike our own tails will encourage more in the JDM market to participate in the trade. No discouragement of your effort was intended.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
Guy's dont ever let anybody discourage you, and who the bloody hell cares who hates what tail light.
Get or keep whatever you want!
This thread is about making international friends and swapping or buying parts with/from them.
Think of it as you are developing a relationship so you can get items in the future that you cant get here in the states.

Me and several others prove that this can be done and overall it is economical and fun.

Takes effort though, From the original "ok lets swap" Squawking and I must have had 20 sets of emails back and forth working on the details over a two week period. It was a month and 2 days from "ok" to having them in my hand.

Dont feel you have to wait in line either.
The people who get this done are going to be the people who are willing to do the work and it does require determination and "thinking outside of the box" if an obstacle arises.

Last edited by Tork; 03-06-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tork
They are plug and play, however the bulbs are located in different positions,
Please confirm IF they are plug and play IF YOU GET THE JDM BULBS WITH THE LAMP.

I was the one that bought the JDM lamps off of Lek and he kept his bulbs (understandably so. he probably had to reuse them in the aftermarket lamps he has installed). My turn signal and tail/stop bulbs transferred with no issue, but the backup bulb isn't the same. I am out of luck unless I can get a JDM backup bulb socket or if the same socket is used on some other USDM Honda vehicle I can get one here.

If the JDM socket mates with the USDM connector, that is a big load off of my mind. I was assuming I'd have to source a couple connectors somehow too.

can someone please post a similar pic of the JDM taillamp (both versions) so we have this info?

Last edited by natepartlan; 03-06-2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: misspell
Old 03-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by natepartlan
Please confirm IF they are plug and play IF YOU GET THE JDM BULBS WITH THE LAMP.

I was the one that bought the JDM lamps off of Lek and he kept his bulbs (understandably so. he probably had to reuse them in the aftermarket lamps he has installed). My turn signal and tail/stop bulbs transferred with no issue, but the backup bulb isn't the same. I am out of luck unless I can get a JDM backup bulb socket or if the same socket is used on some other USDM Honda vehicle I can get one here.
At this moment I see your problem,some "BULBS"[the small one] of all are not the same between JDM and USDM. So I told the one[Thai] who wanna swap should keep small BULBs [there are 3 ,2 of them are small bulb] in the lamp.
I've 3 that they wanna swap.Mitt,Aor and Pakorn. Mitt,he will be an organizer for all ,I'll send his email to
3. jaydubz79
4. pinoyfitpilot
5. chris 619
I wish you all the best of luck! [ like me and Mike]

Squwking 7500

Old 03-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
My lights should be getting here any day thanks again preaw!

So my usdm bulbs will fit in these tailights no problem?

Old 03-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
My lights should be getting here any day thanks again preaw!

So my usdm bulbs will fit in these tailights no problem?
Thank you to make all cleared.

Last edited by Squawking7500; 03-06-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
Wow Squawking 7500, you are amazing,
I hope everybody appreciates all you do.

about the bulbs
they plugged in fine (other than the one stretch I mentioned) but Squawking included all the bulbs and sockets. Otherwise I didnt check sockets/bulbs for compatability. Wanted to quickly get my tails out to Squawking as promised

Holy shit, 5 off the list already + me and GBmurderer= 7........Haha got to love it!

If you need a big pic of the JDM tail light, to match up to my earlier posted pic of the USDM, I'll pull a tail.

Last edited by Tork; 03-06-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Holy shit, 5 off the list already + me and GBmurderer= 7........Haha got to love it!

I wish you all the best of luck!
all done soon

Old 03-06-2009, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
I bought a set of JDM tails from norihito. I have my stock USDM tails all boxed up. Looking to sell them outright, no trades.

Old 03-07-2009, 03:55 AM
Lek

I had to use my the original OEM wiring harnes, sockets and bulbs with my new lights. The only bulbs I didn't need were the ones which were replaced with the new LED's.

I talked to my auto electrician in Bangkok and he said mods should be easy as most auto electrical shops stock a wide range of sockets and bulbs. I think Honda is the best bet, I'm sure they stock this socket and bulb in the US.

would this the one do the job only $4: http://www.partsquick.com/ProductDetail.asp?i=121591

By the way, how did the tail lights fit on the US body.

Last edited by Lek; 03-07-2009 at 05:17 AM.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:49 AM
welcome jazz_tech => GBiT from Bangkok glad to have you here

I was in the middle of resizing your sig pic but I see you got it!
hello

my name is mitt which my big bro Squawking7500 posted above

i am very very glad to know fitfreak members who are in the other corner of the earth very very far from me (unbelievable)

thanks to Squawking7500 and fitfreak members for opening this opportunity.. thank you very very much

i will keep in touch with all the things going on this..

now its 10.50 PM out here in bangkok and a bit hot

Old 03-07-2009, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
about the bulbs
they plugged in fine (other than the one stretch I mentioned) but Squawking included all the bulbs and sockets. Otherwise I didnt check sockets/bulbs for compatability.
That confirms for me that the connector is common just the bulb holder socket is unique. Yay, Honda complexity reduction! Next time go all the way!

Originally Posted by Lek
would this the one do the job only $4: PartsQuick® : The Fast & Easy Way to Find Auto Parts
Thanks for the lead, Lek! I've never heard of PartsQuick, but it looks like I will have a high likelihood of success getting the socket I need from them or my local US Honda dealer (the pic isn't really detailed enough to see for sure). Whew! Please disregard my request to help me out with your local dealer.

Originally Posted by Lek
By the way, how did the tail lights fit on the US body?
They fit great. I guess I can take pics when I install them the final time, but everyone's seen them already, right?

Last edited by natepartlan; 03-07-2009 at 11:58 AM.

Quick Reply: The USDM To JDM Taillight exchange program for GE's