2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Old 02-09-2017, 12:52 AM
5 Year Member
Looks like Burzpaw made the trip to the Tokyo Auto Salon this year without telling us!

Photo courtesy Stickydiljoe.com

Last edited by Mr.Hollow; 02-09-2017 at 12:57 AM.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
Looks like Burzpaw made the trip to the Tokyo Auto Salon this year without telling us!

Photo courtesy Stickydiljoe.com

https://flic.kr/p/RwxYZE
Wow wonder what shipping costs were to transport the car there and back.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Wow wonder what shipping costs were to transport the car there and back.
I'm almost positive Mr.Hollow was just joking as the color is quite similar to his, but it is not even a Fit and appears to be a Toyota Aristo.

Old 02-10-2017, 09:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
I'm almost positive Mr.Hollow was just joking as the color is quite similar to his, but it is not even a Fit and appears to be a Toyota Aristo.
And I'm almost positive that sarcasm is difficult to read online sometimes.

The color and even the graphic on the bottom of the door is VERY similar.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
Hahaha, indeed on both parts. Honestly, I was hoping sarcasm was the case. ��

Old 02-11-2017, 07:26 PM
What do you all think about the new Focus RS? Has anyone had the chance to drive one yet?

I'm strongly considering one after stuff is paid off. I have not driven one though

Old 02-12-2017, 01:20 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I have to post this Craigslist ad I read. Hilarious!

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/5998587063.html

Old 02-12-2017, 01:39 AM
5 Year Member
Ohh those look like GD wheels

Old 02-12-2017, 05:59 PM
I took off my JDM tails and put the stock ones back on. Starting to think about parting it out to buy a different car...I've loved my Fit but it totally sucks for the long freeway commute I make now.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:04 PM
Finally replaced my stock windshield wipers that are 4 years old now. Replaced the stock headlights with Silverstar Ultra's. So I should have much clearer road vision now.

Finally I replaced my JL subwoofer with an Earthquake shallow mount

Old 02-13-2017, 02:33 AM
Banned
Took my baby grocery shopping. I loved it. My front bumper is currently off until I fix my lip, it's chillin in the hatch for now. I kinda like seeing people's reaction to a Fit without a bumper. It's also cool to hear the intake, it sticks out on the driver's side so I get to hear the true sound. It's pretty sweet. I just wish I had a big intercooler on the front, then I'd be set.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
My car decided it wanted to run on 3 cylinders 140 miles from my house.

As I'm in the process of closing on my first house.

Perfect fckn timing.

Hate hate hate hate hate.

TFW my friend bought a 1997 Rav4 with 200k miles & other than the exhaust falling off (lol) its more reliable than my POS Fit.
Car ejected a spark plug/coil pack. Honda covered 75% of the repair cost.

But still.

Hatehatehate.

Originally Posted by FamilyWagon
What do you all think about the new Focus RS? Has anyone had the chance to drive one yet?

I'm strongly considering one after stuff is paid off. I have not driven one though
It is a 40k Focus that will likely be terrible to own the moment it is out of warranty.

And in which you'll be lucky to get 18 MPG from what I've heard.

Originally Posted by pointofdeparture
I took off my JDM tails and put the stock ones back on. Starting to think about parting it out to buy a different car...I've loved my Fit but it totally sucks for the long freeway commute I make now.
I'm definitely going to be removing my Tanabe Touring Medallion & JDM tails come spring.

Difference being I don't think I ever loved my Fit

Old 02-13-2017, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
Car ejected a spark plug/coil pack. Honda covered 75% of the repair cost.

But still.

Hatehatehate.

I'm definitely going to be removing my Tanabe Touring Medallion & JDM tails come spring.

Difference being I don't think I ever loved my Fit
Which # plug was it? Glad it was somewhat "simple" and that they covered the bulk of it.

What about your dual din headunit?

Still eyeing some coilovers, now leaning towards BC racing (NOT buddy club). Like the height adjustability without messing with preloads, which I could not get with the tein street advance, but I CAN get with the FLEX line from Tein...still liking that BC Racings BR series a little more though.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
Which # plug was it? Glad it was somewhat "simple" and that they covered the bulk of it.

What about your dual din headunit?

Still eyeing some coilovers, now leaning towards BC racing (NOT buddy club). Like the height adjustability without messing with preloads, which I could not get with the tein street advance, but I CAN get with the FLEX line from Tein...still liking that BC Racings BR series a little more though.
Not sure which # plug it was. Probably number three, I'm going to get all four replaced at some point in the next year or so & deal with the car.

Dual DIN headunit will be removed when I sell the car, whenever that is. Having a paid off car is nice while I'm in the process of making myself broke by buying a house & trying to make it look halfway decent. $600 minimum in prints to fill one small wall :/

Old 02-13-2017, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
Not sure which # plug it was. Probably number three, I'm going to get all four replaced at some point in the next year or so & deal with the car.

Dual DIN headunit will be removed when I sell the car, whenever that is. Having a paid off car is nice while I'm in the process of making myself broke by buying a house & trying to make it look halfway decent. $600 minimum in prints to fill one small wall :/
Dude I totally know what you mean. We bought our house in November 2015...its was built in 1913...sure it was gutted and everything (electrical/plumbing etc) is new...but its 5 bedrooms (we used to live in a 2 bedroom) with a blank slate of a back yard...nearly ALL my spare money is going towards house projects. Built a new deck, laid down gravel/mulch around the house, painting, new art/prints due to ALL the wall space, new king bed, built a laundry cover, built custom shelves for living room and hobby room/office...currently refurbishing/restoring a 1940's desk and new window screens for all the windows....the list continues...

Old 02-13-2017, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Dude I totally know what you mean. We bought our house in November 2015...its was built in 1913...sure it was gutted and everything (electrical/plumbing etc) is new...but its 5 bedrooms (we used to live in a 2 bedroom) with a blank slate of a back yard...nearly ALL my spare money is going towards house projects. Built a new deck, laid down gravel/mulch around the house, painting, new art/prints due to ALL the wall space, new king bed, built a laundry cover, built custom shelves for living room and hobby room/office...currently refurbishing/restoring a 1940's desk and new window screens for all the windows....the list continues...
EEK. Thankfully mine is just a 700 sq ft ranch built in the 50's, but I currently have the furniture to furnish zero rooms.

The entirety of my belongings at the moment consist of:
-Herman Miller Elliptical coffee table, designed by Charles & Ray Eames
-Stereo
-100 or so books
-Clothes
-S2000 Parts
-Cars

I move in in two weeks.

This place is going to be reallllll barren for a while.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
EEK. Thankfully mine is just a 700 sq ft ranch built in the 50's, but I currently have the furniture to furnish zero rooms.

The entirety of my belongings at the moment consist of:
-Herman Miller Elliptical coffee table, designed by Charles & Ray Eames
-Stereo
-100 or so books
-Clothes
-S2000 Parts
-Cars

I move in in two weeks.

This place is going to be reallllll barren for a while.
Hell we have 1 room thats entirely empty still. Hope you have space for your rides =)

All I can say is...do things a little at time. Theres no rush.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:06 PM
Mike410b, I'm with you. I've definitely never loved my fit. If I lived in a major city it would be ideal, but I don't and it doesn't fit my family. When I can afford to, my Fit will be traded in for sure.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
Hell we have 1 room thats entirely empty still. Hope you have space for your rides =)

All I can say is...do things a little at time. Theres no rush.
Even in that tiny space, I'm leaving the spare bedroom empty; will serve well at storing S2000 parts that will sit around until 2018/19/20/etc. I have zero timeline for getting any of my J's parts on the car

Just a one car garage, the Fit can sit outside. The S2000 is safe & sound, the Fit can sit outside for as long as I own it.

Originally Posted by FamilyWagon
Mike410b, I'm with you. I've definitely never loved my fit. If I lived in a major city it would be ideal, but I don't and it doesn't fit my family. When I can afford to, my Fit will be traded in for sure.
Even living in a major city I'm not happy with it. I still have to leave that metro area from time to time...and at those times

Old 02-13-2017, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
So did you like your GD more than the GE?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?