2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 02:04 AM
Administrator
Someone say Mugen and Wilwood?

I am very happy with my Wilwoods, R1 rotors, and Motul setup. The Wilwoods also come in black and can always be painted another color

As someone who is used to driving a car with an aggressive brake setup I found the stock calipers very lacking. The Wilwoods are much more predictable and have a weight savings over the stock setup

Been very busy but was able to add door moldings recently, I think it compliments my theme well

Will be giving the car a full detail this summer and would like to rewrap my roof and get new tires as well

Old 04-28-2017, 02:22 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
I am on EBG Green Stuff Pads, EBC Slotted rotors, ATE TYP 200 fluid and I love how the car brakes on for everyday driving. But for AutoX I do want something that bites harder.

I don't mind spending the 500 for the wilwood but if I can get better results for way less I would consider it. I'm not terribly fond of the red wildwood calipers, it they have a silver or dark gold I would be more inclined.
Don't get me wrong the Wilwoods are awesome.
But also S2K looked pretty sweet. ;D
Have been contemplating on going with ITR brake set up with Mini Rotors.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
Looks like on the 3rd I'll have some parts to put on the car!

Old 04-28-2017, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
Pergola goes up tomorrow !!!! if your in the valley, let me know, I wouldn't mind a BBQ at the house!!
Waiz, our rims look the same! I love Mugen grill and font lip!!

Old 04-29-2017, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
Wash and waxed the Fit today. Nothing exciting...but it sure looks pretty again so thats nice.

Old 04-29-2017, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
Smoke vinyl came in today for my tails. Have never done a curved surface with vinyl. Also they suggested dry application and Ive always done wet.

Curved surfaces definitely required a 2nd set of hands. Hard to stretch...heat and push out air bubbles all at once so I recruited my son to be on blow dryer duty while I stretched/pulled and attempted to remove bubbles. You can get about 3/4 of it flat on the lens, but its that last 1/4 which is the top-inner corner that causes the problems. Had enough material to do 4 tail lights. First try was learning on driver side, got it on eventually but had a bit of bubbles. Second went considerably better with minimal bubbles. Removed driver side and was able to apply a better application this time although not as nice as passenger side still. Its decent. A couple of air bubbles when you're up close. $8 on ebay for 6" of vinyl tint, razor blade and felt covered flat tool/spatula dealie. Beats the $120+ Ive been quoted locally.

Only did the clear portion so I wouldn't mess with brake light lumen output, AKA didn't want to mess with safety. Seen too many people with limo tint tail lights and you cant even tell if they are braking or not.

Before:

After:

It's subtle, but I like it.

Last edited by shinjari; 04-29-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
Looks pretty good to me.

I SEE BUBBLES.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Looks pretty good to me.

I SEE BUBBLES.

Told you it wasn't perfect!

May end up having to redo the driver side anyways...hope I have enough material and dont screw it up...lol

Last edited by shinjari; 04-29-2017 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator
Some of the JDM Goodies I have in storage waiting for me to install. ;c)

JDM Folding Mirrors with Turn Signals.
Mugen Hydrophilic Mirrors
Mugen Carbon Fiber Side Mirror Covers

Old 04-29-2017, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
Those tails look good to me dude!! Nice work! And those mirrors... shiet!!

Old 04-30-2017, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
Well boys, I was able to erect the pergola and buy an 03 Pilot EX-L Navigation for the wife!

Went from a RAV4 to the Pilot.

Last edited by mikes-ge; 05-01-2017 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Time to play!

I put in the Bearish floor bar, hatch bar and the Cusco V2 brace. I will say I'm impressed. I'll install the rear rigid collar and the Cusco V1 brace this weekend.
the car def responds better in going in and coming out of the corners. I love it!

I have the rear Cusco sway bar and the front rigid collar coming in, hopefully next week.

Last edited by mikes-ge; 05-03-2017 at 11:23 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:13 AM
5 Year Member
where'd you source the beatrush parts from, mike?

Old 05-04-2017, 08:41 AM
5 Year Member
RHDJAPAN.com. They have Beatrush listed as Laile

Old 05-04-2017, 09:06 AM
5 Year Member
Glad RHDjapan worked out for ya Mike...I apologize for the dent in your wallet though. haha. Pics of the floor and hatch bar installed?

I'm considering a bigger front sway.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
No worries. I'm not a big fan of usdm companies for parts. So ultimately the rear progress bar was an on the fence item. Since they only make springs and a sway bar. Where as Cusco makes a ton of parts for the suspension (for the fit). Which leads me to ask; did progress just make a thick sway bar just to say they do? Also, Japanese companies don't just make a part for the sake of making a part. If that makes sense.
Ultimately, paying $$$ for parts that actually work is worth it.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mikes-ge
No worries. I'm not a big fan of usdm companies for parts. So ultimately the rear progress bar was an on the fence item. Since they only make springs and a sway bar. Where as Cusco makes a ton of parts for the suspension (for the fit). Which leads me to ask; did progress just make a thick sway bar just to say they do? Also, Japanese companies don't just make a part for the sake of making a part. If that makes sense.
Ultimately, paying $$$ for parts that actually work is worth it.
Can sorta agree with that logic and wanting to keep parts a similar brand. However, I am a firm believer in my progress rear sway. They did a very simple design, which cusco also did a similar rear sway, but ultimately added some complexity with a spring bucket mounting plate which the "thick sway bar" just bolts on to.

The progress bar mounts directly to the spring bucket instead of a separate plate. So really the only thing I can see is maybe the cusco having that 2nd hardware connection point which may have very minute slop due to the tolerance of the hardware stack up unless the hole is very tight fitting. Also that 2nd stack up is in the same axis of the suspension travel, where the progress is perpendicular to the travel so even if the holes were a little loose fitting it would not translate to the up/down direction. Lastly, the progress just has to worry about one hardware stack directly to the bucket.

We're talking VERY small amounts of wiggle...but then again...this kinda goes with the idea of the benefits of the rigid collars you bought. Any little wiggle room will tighten up the suspension. Maybe when your bar comes in you can measure the thickness of the bar and we can compare it to the progress bar thickness. And maybe I'm just over thinking the simple rear sway that's available for our cars.

Did have a suspension question anyways...when lowering the Fit...did you guys change the front sway bar end links? My Coilovers did not come with them and I feel some kits do. Figure lowering changes the position of the sway like in the picture below. 1) Stock height/links 2)lowered/stock links 3) lowered/adjustable links. Does this matter or make a difference? It seems when the car is lowered the front sway is just at a different angle instead of level with the ground. It should still be applying the same pressure/torsion when actually driving. Thoughts?

Last edited by shinjari; 05-04-2017 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, my coilovers came with replacement end links.

Here are some pix of the after install. I didn't put all the parts on yet. As for the floor bar, I had to take off the passenger panel and make a hole in it. That way I could take the bolt out of where the seatbelt bracket goes. No big deal.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
hate your tail lights...><

I think I can manage with the upper rear bar...but the floor bar...i have a passenger or two in the rear more often than I'd like and taking foot space won't be worth while.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
It doesn't take up as much space as you think.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?