Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   Honda Fit Hybrod Coming Fall 2010 (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/43185-honda-fit-hybrod-coming-fall-2010-a.html)

txmatt 05-27-2009 02:15 PM

Honda Fit Hybrod Coming Fall 2010

REPORT: Honda Fit Hybrid coming in fall 2010

REPORT: Honda Fit Hybrid coming in fall 2010

by Damon Lavrinc on May 27th 2009 at 1:33PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....afit-580op.jpg
2009 Honda Fit - Click above for a high-res image gallery

According to a report from Japan's Nikkei business daily, Honda plans to finally bring a gas-electric hybrid version of the Fit to market by the end of next year. The Fit Hybrid's arrival – a year and a half ahead of scheduled – is one part of a three-pronged approach to introduce more gas-electric models into the automaker's line-up. The initial step was the release of the 2010 Honda Insight, which will be followed by the debut of the production CR-Z later this year at the Tokyo Motor Show, and could be joined by an all-new Civic Hybrid. Rumors have swirled for months that Honda plans to bring another hybrid model to their home-town show stand, and with an on-sale date of fall 2010, the Fit Hybrid could be what all the fuss is about. However, we've been seeing reports about the gas-electric Fit's imminent arrival since 2006, so until it rolls onto the floor in Tokyo and U.S. distribution is confirmed, hold off on putting deposits at your local dealer.

Committobefit08 05-27-2009 02:23 PM

All contingent on Insight sales...more in likely we will not see a Fit Hybrid in the U.S. for at least 3-4 years. The rest of the world (Europe and Asia) I can def. see a fit Hybrid....

Prime example...look how long it took to get the regular fit to the U.S... lol.

Plus the fact the Insight starts at $20K. I think a Fit Hybrid would be too close of that price range.

CrystalFiveMT 05-27-2009 02:24 PM

There's still no word if this will be available to N. America.

halfmoonclip 05-27-2009 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Committobefit08 (Post 662378)

Plus the fact the Insight starts at $20K. I think a Fit Hybrid would be too close of that price range.

Right there is the name of that tune.
Moon

it's pronounced iVTEC 05-28-2009 12:04 AM

omg. i've ALWAYS wanted a Fit HYBROD ;)

ken_vs_ryu 05-28-2009 10:51 AM

I need it to be plug-in.

McNabb 05-28-2009 11:20 AM

I am very happy with the Fit's fuel consumption, I just don't get the addition of a hybrid to the line up. Maybe if they just replace the standard powertrain of the Fit with a hybrid offering it makes sense. If they build it in the US or Canada, the green house gases they will save from shipping them overseas will be 100 fold larger than any savings from a hybrid. Give me a hybrid Pilot on the other hand, now we are talking some serious savings both environmentally and finacially.

p nut 05-28-2009 11:47 AM

Fit Hybrid sales will absolutely murder the Insight. They will not bringing it over in the near future. They should've just started out with the Fit Hybrid instead of the Insight to begin with.

But I'm not thrilled about the Fit Hybrid. I'd rather opt for a diesel to come to our shores. PRETTY PLEASE!!!

CrystalFiveMT 05-28-2009 12:29 PM

I'm hoping the hybrid will stay out of N. America.

Some points to consider:

- Most likely the IMA battery will not only impede rear cargo space, but will that delete the magic seat feature?
- Added weight from IMA battery - dulls all performance categories.
- Most likely will slow acceleration
- I wouldn't want people to confuse my car with it being a hybrid.
- Will the hybrid version hurt our Fits' resale values?

halfmoonclip 05-28-2009 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT (Post 663056)
I'm hoping the hybrid will stay out of N. America.

Some points to consider:

- I wouldn't want people to confuse my car with it being a hybrid.

An environmentally sensitive friend of my daughter inquired what the Fit ran on, assuming it was some sort of hybrid.
I told him it ran on baby seals.
Moon

txmatt 05-29-2009 10:01 AM

Some wild speculation by Consumer Reports that the Fit hybrid could be an Acura model to compete with the Lexus HS 250...

Luxury hybrids - Can they Fit all sizes?: Consumer Reports Cars Blog