Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   Fit is up for sale.. (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/45402-fit-up-sale.html)

it's pronounced iVTEC 07-15-2009 02:39 PM

Fit is up for sale..

Well, the fit has to go. it's come down to either keeping the car, or going to school. so i've decided i'm not going to let a piece of metal hold my life back. hopefully the car sells soon, i'll keep you all posted. parting my car out might be an option

Committobefit08 07-15-2009 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by it's pronounced iVTEC (Post 697106)
Well, the fit has to go. it's come down to either keeping the car, or going to school. so i've decided i'm not going to let a piece of metal hold my life back. hopefully the car sells soon, i'll keep you all posted. parting my car out might be an option

Didn't you just lower it?:confused:

Not to be rude and this is just an observation but....
Maybe you should stop putting money into aftermarket parts. (Rims, Springs, etc...)
The fit is a pretty cheap reliable car (something that is a necessity in school)
Its not a car that you will have a $800 monthly payment so I really don't understand how its holding your life back so much? If a $14K-17K car is holding your life back so much perhaps there is other things that can be taken out first. IMO a good cheap reliable car is one of the top 3 needs in life (either in school or going to work)
Just my 2 cents.

good luck in your decision. :cool:

it's pronounced iVTEC 07-15-2009 04:15 PM

I need $10,000 for student loans and money for residency, that's why the fit has to go unfortunately :(

dela 07-15-2009 04:20 PM

i dont understand... if you're getting student loans, then you dont have to pay them till after you graduate...

either way... good luck...

kenchan 07-15-2009 04:20 PM

so you have the title for the Fit?

if so, i suppose it could work..but wat are you going to do for transportation at school? do they have a bus or something? how about the weekends?

just questions in general. i suppose you can getta cheaper car later on.

it's pronounced iVTEC 07-15-2009 04:22 PM

Sorry, should have been more specific lol

I need to pay off my outstanding student loans before they'll let me get more, thats why the car has to go, to pay off the current student loans and have some left over to buy books and pay some rent

as for transportation, i have a bike and that'll do for a while. then after a little while once i land a decent p/t job i'll buy a cheap car

kenchan 07-15-2009 04:30 PM

yah, if your college or university has good transportation service you really dont need a car.

can always bum a ride from your buddies, etc.

Committobefit08 07-15-2009 04:40 PM

yeah have fun with that bike in the winter...

:(

it's pronounced iVTEC 07-15-2009 04:40 PM

^^ thats what the bus is for lol

Holy_Fit_Batman! 07-15-2009 10:33 PM

Thats why I waited until I owned my first car outright, then privately sold it to get the Fit. Only cost me $6K.

Good luck man. I'm working on my BA so I understand school is a bitch but it needs to get done.

Sketch 07-15-2009 10:46 PM

His Fit is for sale not an explanation as to why he needs money to go to school.

kingofpicklez 07-16-2009 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sketch (Post 697459)
His Fit is for sale not an explanation as to why he needs money to go to school.

no harm in asking right? Anyways, this isn't even a FS thread

dela 07-16-2009 12:32 PM

well it was nice having another modded GE base around here... good luck with schooling! get straight As!!! :p

Dakid 07-16-2009 12:50 PM

good luck.

kingofpicklez 07-16-2009 01:44 PM

you better be getting straight A's mister! OR ELSE!

Uncle Gary 07-16-2009 02:21 PM

Good luck with the school. Don't forget, a car can be a distraction and a liability when you're going to school and money is tight. I didn't own my first car until I was out of college. During those years I rode the campus bus, city bus and Greyhound. I also walked many a mile. I was in school in a big city, and actually glad I didn't have to worry about a car. There will always be another car.

it's pronounced iVTEC 07-23-2009 02:03 AM

The fit is staying, i can't sell it without losing too much money and i'd still be making payments on it even after i sold it. i'll figure out how to get the cash some other way, i thought about robbing a bank and i was going to use the movie Catch That Kid as a guideline but i realized that it is strictly fictional and it never really happened so i don't want to be the one to find out it won't work half way through doing it.

OEMfit 07-23-2009 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by it's pronounced iVTEC (Post 704328)
i thought about robbing a bank and i was going to use the movie Catch That Kid as a guideline but i realized that it is strictly fictional and it never really happened so i don't want to be the one to find out it won't work half way through doing it.

Damn you must be really desperate!!! Somebody make a donation for this guy before he gets gang rape in prison. :3

doctordoom 07-23-2009 04:05 AM

just work the street corners for money. haha jk, but good luck with your search for funds! school is always a good thing.

dela 07-23-2009 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by it's pronounced iVTEC (Post 704328)
The fit is staying

woo modded base GEs ftw!