2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Good Price Deals Out There?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 12:19 PM
Any Good Price Deals Out There?

I am still a fixture in the "trying to buy a Honda Fit" world. Dealers aren't willing to budge and I think my price is fair, what I would typically get with the Costco Program. $200 below MSRP and No Processing Fee. Our local Costco rep mandates a $385 processing fee. Is it so crazy to think that I couldn't buy the car for $200 below MSRP and No Processing Fee? Anyone in NOVA know of a dealer who would take that offer. 14 days and no dealer is willing to commit.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
I don't have a recomendation, but when I visited my dealer in Ohio yesterday, he told me they're out of Fits (their stock showed 18 Fits on 07-27-2009 when I picked up mine), and that another local dealer is quoting people prices of $500 over MSRP now. My dealer said that if they had stock, they would be selling them at or near MSRP but their policy is not to go over MSRP. I hope you have some success in finding a good deal. It's turned from a buyers market to a sellers market practically over night.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jgaepi
I am still a fixture in the "trying to buy a Honda Fit" world. Dealers aren't willing to budge and I think my price is fair, what I would typically get with the Costco Program. $200 below MSRP and No Processing Fee. Our local Costco rep mandates a $385 processing fee. Is it so crazy to think that I couldn't buy the car for $200 below MSRP and No Processing Fee? Anyone in NOVA know of a dealer who would take that offer. 14 days and no dealer is willing to commit.
One person already offered you that information ($600 off) and I also plugged in a place online that has a slightly lower price.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Did you try Maryland where, unlike Va dealers, the processing fee is typically only $100? I notice Rockville, Germantown and Frederick dealers seem to be totally out of Fits according to their web sites inventory lists, but Ourisman Honda in Bethesda seems to still have 30 vehicles. They also have a "$250 off Internet Price" certificate still on their web site. Of course, they don't say how much the Internet price is, but if it is MSRP you would get within $50 of where you want to be.
Landmark Honda in Alexandria also seems to have some Fits left.

Paul

Old 08-18-2009, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ultrawolf
I don't have a recomendation, but when I visited my dealer in Ohio yesterday, he told me they're out of Fits (their stock showed 18 Fits on 07-27-2009 when I picked up mine), and that another local dealer is quoting people prices of $500 over MSRP now. My dealer said that if they had stock, they would be selling them at or near MSRP but their policy is not to go over MSRP. I hope you have some success in finding a good deal. It's turned from a buyers market to a sellers market practically over night.
My local dealer's lot is practically empty. No Fit out front. I asked about Fit stock on the way home from the guy in the service shuttle, and he thinks they might have one, somewhere. Maybe. LOL!

And this is a dealership that has other associated dealerships, so they could swap or send over cars if one dealer was overstocked. There just aren't that many, not in this area.

For people that aren't doing the CARS program, they might be better off waiting until the program is over. Although that may also mean getting a 2010, which will probably cost more. If you need a car NOW, and any dealer offers a slightly reduced price, then go for it. They aren't going to give them away during this CARS program.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:54 PM
I bought my fit sport AT with all weather mats and trunk liner for 17030 up at roush honda in columbus. Only low pressure dealership I found. If I were you I would just bounce email back and forth between dealerships to see what you can get, they will always at least match eachother, and usually undercut. The only thing is that cash4clunkers probably brought up a really high demand for the fit due to it being the most efficient non-hybrid.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pbuck
Did you try Maryland where, unlike Va dealers, the processing fee is typically only $100? I notice Rockville, Germantown and Frederick dealers seem to be totally out of Fits according to their web sites inventory lists, but Ourisman Honda in Bethesda seems to still have 30 vehicles. They also have a "$250 off Internet Price" certificate still on their web site. Of course, they don't say how much the Internet price is, but if it is MSRP you would get within $50 of where you want to be.
Landmark Honda in Alexandria also seems to have some Fits left.

Paul
Hey Paul! I posted some of that for jgaepi earlier too:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post725127

First it was JUST a couple hundred. Now it's a couple hundred off AND no processing fee. I don't know what else we're supposed to do.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:57 PM
Any estimate on when the CARS program will run out of funds?

Old 08-18-2009, 01:02 PM
TaffetaWhite,

My price never changed. Not a penny up or down. I factor my offer as the $200 down and no processing. Call it "a few hundred down." The Maryland dealer wouldn't even be straight with me on available cars on the lot. To drive an hour each way to find out they aren't going to play would suck.

I sent an email to the four local dealers every other day. Their inventory has not changed. One of the four dealership's inventory has actually gone up by 3.

Not trying to cause a headache for anyone on here. Just trying to see if anyone heard anything in the NOVA area.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
TaffetaWhite,

My price never changed. Not a penny up or down. I factor my offer as the $200 down and no processing. Call it "a few hundred down." The Maryland dealer wouldn't even be straight with me on available cars on the lot. To drive an hour each way to find out they aren't going to play would suck.

I sent an email to the four local dealers every other day. Their inventory has not changed. One of the four dealership's inventory has actually gone up by 3.

Not trying to cause a headache for anyone on here. Just trying to see if anyone heard anything in the NOVA area.
Did you talk to the salesperson that Grahamers had?

Old 08-18-2009, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by stevet47
Any estimate on when the CARS program will run out of funds?
If they get the processing speeded up, the money could go overnight. My nearby dealer said they maybe have done 100 deals and about 4 have been paid. And I think the current accounted for funds are at about $1.5B.

The government will probably cover whatever goes over, that's my opinion and just a guess. It's not the dealers fault or the consumers fault that the government wasn't prepared and didn't hire enough people to run the program.

And the government hasn't instructed the dealers to stop taking in cars or to stop submitting applications. There's a good faith effort on the part of the consumer and the dealer to work with the program.

As I have said, if you have a car to trade in under the CARS program, RUN, do not walk, to the nearest dealer and DO IT NOW.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:23 PM
"It's not the dealers fault or the consumers fault that the government wasn't prepared........"

well, it may be more of the dealers fault than we are told. According to a press release a few days ago, over 70% of the paperwork is filled out incorrectly by the dealer.. and then the dealers are complaining.

( the administration and citigroup screwed up too)

Old 08-18-2009, 01:50 PM
TaffetaWhite,

Just to let you know the NOVA market, the post you left me a few days ago: (sorry I never responded)
Aha! Someone who advertises a lower than MSRP price, several hundred lower! And they have YOUR car:
2009 Honda Fit Sport w/Navi - Stock #91075 - Internet Price: $18,677 - M.S.R.P.: $18,960 - Landmark Honda of Alexandria- Arlington- Springfield- Virginia- Burke- Centreville- Chantilly- Falls Church- Fredericksburg- Great Falls- Loudon County- Manass
Internet Price:
$18,677
M.S.R.P.:
$18,960

The out the door price on that from speaking to the GM is $20999. And they say that is below MSRP. Tell me how the price could go up $2300 with 3% sales tax? No need to respond, just what I am dealing with.

I will contact the Ellicott City dealer.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
Bought my Fit Sport this past weekend with Cash For Clunkers. Sticker price was 17790 and I got it for 17100. $99 processing fee that we paid cash for. Got 4500 for my Rodeo so I'm financing 12600. Not too bad. Quickest and easiest car buying experience I've ever had.

Last edited by STL_FIT; 08-18-2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: additional information
Old 08-18-2009, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ORfit4me
"It's not the dealers fault or the consumers fault that the government wasn't prepared........"

well, it may be more of the dealers fault than we are told. According to a press release a few days ago, over 70% of the paperwork is filled out incorrectly by the dealer.. and then the dealers are complaining.

( the administration and citigroup screwed up too)
Agreed. There have been many dealer errors. Dealers don't seem to realize that it takes as much time to review an incorrect application as it does to review a correct application. So every dealer that makes a mistake is literally holding up everyone else who does not make the same mistakes.

I'm guessing on this one, but I think some of the rejections may be due to the ever-popular "one dollar scrap value" for the trade-in. That's no real, genuine estimate.

If they're trying to add on an administrative fee when only doing a dollar scrap value, there's another reason for rejection. They can subtract an administrative fee ONLY from the scrap value. No scrap value = no administrative fee.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:10 PM
" No scrap value = no administrative fee. "

didn't know that.

One thing i've read, the dealers are "forgetting" to write across the title "Cash For Clunkers" . Marking the title with the "C4C" makes the car untitle-able later. Without that, the vehicle could be re-sold later
I'm sure it's just an over sight. LOL

Old 08-18-2009, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ORfit4me
" No scrap value = no administrative fee. "

didn't know that.

One thing i've read, the dealers are "forgetting" to write across the title "Cash For Clunkers" . Marking the title with the "C4C" makes the car untitle-able later. Without that, the vehicle could be re-sold later
I'm sure it's just an over sight. LOL
I read an article last night where a dealer said that writing on the title was "new":
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...tml#post727204

It's not a new thing. It's always been in The Rule. The specifically state what must be written on the title. Any variation of that will probably get a refusal. They could have had a stamp made for that purpose alone.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
was this over the phone/email or in person? usually if you're there in person and working on the price they will give you some break.

at least that is how it has been for me over the many years buying cars...

Old 08-18-2009, 03:12 PM
jgaepi ,

it may just be a supply and demand problem for you and your price.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:30 PM
i'm not sure about your area but according to edmunds.com, most folks around here are only getting about $100 below MSRP.

Quick Reply: Any Good Price Deals Out There?