Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   When will 2010 Fit arrive at dealerships? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/47363-when-will-2010-fit-arrive-dealerships.html)

Leo123 08-23-2009 12:09 PM

When will 2010 Fit arrive at dealerships?

I've been looking at the inventory at various dealerships and it seems like there aren't too many 2009 Fits left. Plus the wife wants a blue car and I haven't seen any of those. So when are the 2010 fits expected to arrive at dealerships - anybody know? The Honda website is already showing the 2010 so it's got to be within a month right?

Flyin172s 08-23-2009 01:35 PM

Honda clearance is going on now. So, I would say next month. And I got my 2008 in Sept of 2007.

hal9000 08-23-2009 01:52 PM

yeah...next model year for Honda is generally September-October

TaffetaWhite 08-23-2009 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Leo123 (Post 731226)
I've been looking at the inventory at various dealerships and it seems like there aren't too many 2009 Fits left. Plus the wife wants a blue car and I haven't seen any of those. So when are the 2010 fits expected to arrive at dealerships - anybody know? The Honda website is already showing the 2010 so it's got to be within a month right?

Have you tried a Vehix search:
http://www.vehix.com

Edmunds search (search new car listings):
New Cars, Used Cars, Car Reviews and Pricing - Edmunds.com

You can choose by year, transmission, color and then call to see if they still have that car. It doesn't always tell the different blue colors, could be Tidewater or Sensation

IBJanky 08-23-2009 11:42 PM

Why even wait, there is no difference between the 2009 and the 2010 models, just a $150 price increase.

myke

Ein 08-24-2009 12:10 AM

The trade-in value between a 09 and 10 model is more than $150. If one decided to keep the car for only a few years.

Sebau 08-24-2009 01:34 PM

We just got an '09 Fit sport in Blue Sensation Pearl, and it was -hard- to find! There seemed to be plenty in Taffeta White and the black, but both BSP and BBP were hard to get with the manual transmission, at least in our area. They are selling like hotcakes. I'm amazed at the number of new fits I'm seeing on the road.

findude 08-25-2009 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Leo123 (Post 731226)
The Honda website is already showing the 2010

Interestingly, the Fit Sport with NAV is now only available with automatic transmission. This means the only way to get VSA is with an automatic.

Probably a deal breaker for me. This may scratch the Fit off of my short list for when we buy a new car in a few months.

kenchan 08-25-2009 10:46 AM

get a aftermarket NAV and better tires. better performance that way. VSA is more or less a marketing tool for FF cars. better tires > VSA.

on FR i can understand having the feature.

findude 08-25-2009 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 732579)
get a aftermarket NAV and better tires. better performance that way. VSA is more or less a marketing tool for FF cars. better tires > VSA.

on FR i can understand having the feature.

FF? FR? I don't know these abbreviations.

With the 2009s, the NAV option got you the navigation system, the steering wheel mounted controls (for audio as well as nav), and the VSA. I know from other cars I've owned, that I really like the audio controls on the steering wheel. I like the safety that VSA offers. I could care less about the NAV.

Vanct 08-25-2009 12:29 PM

FF = Front wheel drive

FR = Rear wheel drive

I also agree that VSA isn't worth it, especially if you don't drive in icy conditions too often in the winter, and even then it's all about the tires.

Cat 08-25-2009 12:37 PM

I thought I saw somewhere that the new models don't roll out until after the Tokyo Show which is in October sometime.

Cat :x

jsusanka 08-25-2009 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by findude (Post 732638)
FF? FR? I don't know these abbreviations.

With the 2009s, the NAV option got you the navigation system, the steering wheel mounted controls (for audio as well as nav), and the VSA. I know from other cars I've owned, that I really like the audio controls on the steering wheel. I like the safety that VSA offers. I could care less about the NAV.

yeah this may be a deal breaker for me too. I was really wanting the audio controls with the manual nice to have with a stick..

may just have to go with a civic ex sedan stick if they don't offer the navi with the manual or if they just add the audio controls to the fit sport whether it has the navi or not that would be great.

jgaepi 08-25-2009 01:11 PM

Honda Webpage Updated

For those that do not know, the Honda webpage is updated with 2010 Fit info. Absolutely no changes. And the price difference is exactly $300 more. This is the price difference for the Fit Sport Automatic. Not sure for the base and for the VSA versions.

I mean, they didn't add anything. I would get a 2009 any way you can. Save the $300 and C4C is over so dealers are desperate to move the remaining cars.

jgaepi 08-25-2009 01:11 PM

Oh forgot, my dealership said mid October at the earliest.

Krizz 08-25-2009 01:44 PM

I can't verify this, 'cause I didn't see it, but,

Talked to a guy today who just bought a new Accord. He asked if my Fit was a hybrid, and then swore up and down that they had a 2010 Fit Hybrid at the dealership last week when he got his Accord.

$21,000+ MSRP and 48MPG.

TaffetaWhite 08-25-2009 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Krizz (Post 732734)

Talked to a guy today who just bought a new Accord. He asked if my Fit was a hybrid, and then swore up and down that they had a 2010 Fit Hybrid at the dealership last week when he got his Accord.

$21,000+ MSRP and 48MPG.

That would be suh-weeet. Our Fits do fine on highway mpg. No doubt about that. The Hybrid version with great around-town mpg would be perfect for many people.

Those that HAVE to drive a lot and rarely end up on the highway, it would make such a difference for them. For the cities too, far less pollution. Hopefully the first Hybrids will go to the most polluted areas.

Especially the states that have some programs in place that might help with the cost of the hybrid car. Incentives or rebates.

1coolride 08-25-2009 09:57 PM

not really sure about this but i don't know if there will be a 2010 fit. i think the honda insight is replacing it.

Committobefit08 08-25-2009 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Krizz (Post 732734)

$21,000+ MSRP and 48MPG.

sorry to be debbie downer..but believe a random clueless guy at the dealership or the experts/Honda....
"Honda will add its IMA hybrid system to the Fit, but only for the Japanese market. During the recent media drive of the new 2009 Fit, I asked spokesman Sage Marie when the Fit hybrid would be arriving. Marie explained that because of supply constraints of the Fit, there were no current plans to bring the hybrid model to the U.S."

Honda Fit hybrid not coming to the U.S. — Autoblog Green

Sorry random clueless guy. The guy probably saw an insight. People around here make me laugh.

jcschlic 08-26-2009 05:36 PM

I purchased my new Fit Sport auto (BSP color) on August 10th in Omaha and I was told they were not expecting arrival of the 2010 to their dealership until early November.