Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   Ipod compatibility problems! :( (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/48372-ipod-compatibility-problems.html)

runnerup3 09-16-2009 03:08 PM

Ipod compatibility problems! :(

So I just bought an 09 fit sport (black, manual) and was pumped for the whole usb compatibility input in the glove box. I got my ipod classic (with the latest firmware) and plugged it in. I scroll through to my songs, pick the first one, then hit random so I get the whole shuffle mode going through the system because I dont want to scroll for every single song and have to choose while im driving. So i've been doing this when all of the sudden last night i do the same as always and pick a song and hit random to get the shuffle. Well to make a long story short it starts going nuts. No song will play and it keeps changing to different song numbers. I get all ticked off and retry. I go back to a song and hit random to shuffle. Same thing... So now I have to just choose a song to play when I want. I can't even just pick a song off of an album! The song wont play! So then I take my ipod out and just try listening to it through shuffle mode and it wont play a song or stick to a song. It goes bezerk. I have no idea if this is the car's fault (i hope not) or if it's just the ipod deciding it wants to be stupid all of the sudden.... any ideas or anything related to this happen to you?!

Selden 09-16-2009 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by runnerup3 (Post 747544)
So I just bought an 09 fit sport (black, manual) and was pumped for the whole usb compatibility input in the glove box. I got my ipod classic (with the latest firmware) and plugged it in. I scroll through to my songs, pick the first one, then hit random so I get the whole shuffle mode going through the system because I dont want to scroll for every single song and have to choose while im driving. So i've been doing this when all of the sudden last night i do the same as always and pick a song and hit random to get the shuffle. Well to make a long story short it starts going nuts. No song will play and it keeps changing to different song numbers. I get all ticked off and retry. I go back to a song and hit random to shuffle. Same thing... So now I have to just choose a song to play when I want. I can't even just pick a song off of an album! The song wont play! So then I take my ipod out and just try listening to it through shuffle mode and it wont play a song or stick to a song. It goes bezerk. I have no idea if this is the car's fault (i hope not) or if it's just the ipod deciding it wants to be stupid all of the sudden.... any ideas or anything related to this happen to you?!

Turn everything off. Unplug the iPod. Plug the iPod in, turn it on, then turn on the head unit. I don't know if this will help, but after initially working with my 3G Nano, the head united started throwing an unrecognized device error message. After following these steps, the problem went away, and has never returned.

runnerup3 09-16-2009 03:37 PM

So I did what you said + a hard reset on the ipod and its working fine. Hopefully I don't encounter the same problem. :mad: Thanks!

Selden 09-16-2009 04:34 PM

So glad to hear that it worked! :hyper:

kenchan 09-16-2009 05:25 PM

just get a USB flash drive... much cheaper, neater, much higher capacity available. :p

mike2100 09-16-2009 05:30 PM

Sounds like the iPod went nuts, especially if it was acting weird after you unplugged it. The hard reset is likely what fixed it.

SheepNutz 09-16-2009 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 747630)
just get a USB flash drive... much cheaper, neater, much higher capacity available. :p

But he's using an iPod Classic, which comes in 160GB. You won't get that capacity from a flash drive!

JamesBond007 09-17-2009 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by SheepNutz (Post 747774)
But he's using an iPod Classic, which comes in 160GB. You won't get that capacity from a flash drive!

They already have 128GB USB flash drives out. They're incredibly expensive (over $300) but prices will drop as 256GB and 512GB models come out. I got my 16GB Lexar Firefly USB flash drive for just $20 after rebate.

tunaman4u2 09-20-2009 10:04 PM

USB... you want to leave a IPOD like that in the car?

FITMugen 09-23-2009 07:52 AM

I have 500GB USB in my FIT for $89.

JamesBond007 09-23-2009 08:44 AM

FitMugen - I assume you're using a USB hard drive?

FITMugen 09-23-2009 04:44 PM

Actually, I use both DVD double layer (8GB), PCMCIA with 2GB Flash Drive and Toshiba 500GB USB drive. PCMCIA has more advantage in term of search and voice recognition.

know-nothin 01-25-2010 09:21 AM

I hope this is not a thread hijack but maybe you guys have some advice for me.

I have a spare 8 gig SD card from my camera and a USB card reader. So I figured I'd make some folders in there and dump my songs in. Works fine most of the time but I'd say 1 in 3 songs is unreadable.

I am trying to figure it out why. Songs are MP3 so file format is not it. I am thinking that the name of the song maybe some special character in the name or length of name might be it but I have not figured it out so if anyone has an idea, let me know.

moniz 01-25-2010 10:12 AM

It was an iPod problem, not the car. The hard reset fixed it.

Raouf 01-25-2010 10:24 AM

doesnt the 09' also have an aux in cable that comes standard in the sport model as well as the usb interface

neil patrick harris 01-25-2010 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Raouf (Post 804391)
doesnt the 09' also have an aux in cable that comes standard in the sport model as well as the usb interface

yes.

10 characters.