Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   What have you had fixed at a Honda dealership under warranty? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/48785-what-have-you-had-fixed-honda-dealership-under-warranty.html)

McGurk 09-26-2009 11:35 AM

What have you had fixed at a Honda dealership under warranty?

I thought a thread about what some of you have been getting fixed under warranty might give the rest of us a heads up on some things to look for when going in for service.

Virtual 09-26-2009 12:52 PM

One faulty tire at less than a week after delivery.

kenchan 09-26-2009 01:10 PM

None so far. :D

CRXsi#32 09-26-2009 01:32 PM

I replaced my front crank seal under warranty...I wasn't sure if the front of the oil pan was starting to leak or the front crank seal so I took the chance and did the easier of the 2. I haven't driven much since then so I can't say if it is resolved yet. Wasn't a huge oil leak just some heavy seepage down to the pan with no real signs of a heavy drip yet.

At work we have not seen many problems with these Fits yet. The odd thing here and there but nothing substantial. All in all they are one of the best Honda has made.

McGurk 09-26-2009 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by CRXsi#32 (Post 753771)
At work we have not seen many problems with these Fits yet. The odd thing here and there but nothing substantial. All in all they are one of the best Honda has made.

So I guess you're a tech for Honda?

evil_s10 09-26-2009 04:53 PM

I've got a slight list I want them to look at when i go in for my first oil change.

1. My passenger seat pocket on the backside has torn on the right side.

2. Driving at night with the headlights on and the a/c on, whenever the fan turns on, the lights dim terribly.

3. The fabric on the back of the rear seat is starting to rip up.

Hamer460 09-26-2009 05:05 PM

Front passenger window regulator was replaced.

shane 09-26-2009 06:42 PM

yea keep it coming im hoping i dont have any issues with the car i know hondas are great cars

Uncle Gary 09-26-2009 10:00 PM

I've owned the Fit for 6 months and 10,000 miles. This is the first car I've ever owned without a warranty claim in that time.:)

Masafina 09-26-2009 11:20 PM

front door panels

wootang00 09-27-2009 03:28 AM

buzzing from passenger front side when I hit 3 or 4th gear and when on bumby roads.
I think there is something loose inside the A-Pillar.. annoyinggg sound

TaffetaWhite 09-27-2009 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by evil_s10 (Post 753840)
I've got a slight list I want them to look at when i go in for my first oil change.

2. Driving at night with the headlights on and the a/c on, whenever the fan turns on, the lights dim terribly.

3. The fabric on the back of the rear seat is starting to rip up.

Regarding #2.

Is it normal for my head lights to dim slightly and then come back to normal while my car is stopped at a light?

This is a normal characteristic and is caused by variations in the electrical system created by the onboard computer. The computer controls the output of the electrical charging system to improve fuel economy and minimize vehicle vibration.

While the engine is at idle, the computer monitors the electrical usage of the car and then controls the electrical charging system so that it charges just enough to keep up with demand. This change reduces the load on the engine and, in turn, increases fuel economy and reduces vehicle vibration. As electrical accessories turn on and off, the computer changes the rate of electrical charge in response to the changes in demand for electricity. As the computer responds to the addition of electrical load, you may notice a momentary dimming of the lights. For example, the headlights or instrument panel lights may briefly dim as the air conditioning cycles on.

Frequently Asked Questions - the Official Honda Web Site

The higher the blower and the colder the temp will probably cause additional drain. As well as any other accessories being used at that moment.

Noticed it again myself tonight, using defrost for window fog.

TaffetaWhite 09-27-2009 04:49 AM

Had the lower glove box replaced, due to rattle. The rattle started around mile 600 for me.

Black3sr 09-27-2009 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by evil_s10 (Post 753840)

My wife noticed ours was torn also - same place. They replaced the seat covering no problem.

One of my rear seat belts would not latch. Was replaced again no problem. Funny this is on that pre-delivery check list that said all seat belts worked fine.

BobsUrUncle 09-27-2009 06:37 AM

Adding #2 to my list as well. Noticed the rear pocket was broken loose two weeks ago.

In the past couple of weeks, I have been hearing a rattle in the Left rear door, can't seem to find it.

I am +5k mi on the odo, waiting for the "Service Me" indicators to come on to take 'er in for the first oil change.

bkrell 09-27-2009 10:22 AM

Had to replace my sport non navi's radio/cd player. I didn't use the cd-player for the first couple of months and when I finally went to do so, I got the "Bad Disc" error on every CD. It took a week for them to get the radio in but only about 30 mins to replace. They said it was the first one they'd ever had to replace. Works fine now, even though I mostly use the USB for music.

citabria7 09-27-2009 12:29 PM

This is the first car that I have had for this long, (7 months), and had absolutely no problems with. Great little beast.

evil_s10 09-27-2009 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite (Post 754138)
Regarding #2.

Is it normal for my head lights to dim slightly and then come back to normal while my car is stopped at a light?

This is a normal characteristic and is caused by variations in the electrical system created by the onboard computer. The computer controls the output of the electrical charging system to improve fuel economy and minimize vehicle vibration.

While the engine is at idle, the computer monitors the electrical usage of the car and then controls the electrical charging system so that it charges just enough to keep up with demand. This change reduces the load on the engine and, in turn, increases fuel economy and reduces vehicle vibration. As electrical accessories turn on and off, the computer changes the rate of electrical charge in response to the changes in demand for electricity. As the computer responds to the addition of electrical load, you may notice a momentary dimming of the lights. For example, the headlights or instrument panel lights may briefly dim as the air conditioning cycles on.

Frequently Asked Questions - the Official Honda Web Site

The higher the blower and the colder the temp will probably cause additional drain. As well as any other accessories being used at that moment.

Noticed it again myself tonight, using defrost for window fog.

I have read about that, but even still I have driven plenty of new cars that do not do that. Im not one that is gonna settle for the "thats normal operation". When I purchased the vehicle they had to jump start it to get it going. The next morning it started up very slowly. I took it in that day and they checked the battery and said it was ok. Being a master certified mercedes benz tech I know this shouldnt be this way. So to the dealer I go when I have the first oil change done.

Steve244 09-27-2009 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by wootang00 (Post 754107)
buzzing from passenger front side when I hit 3 or 4th gear and when on bumby roads.
I think there is something loose inside the A-Pillar.. annoyinggg sound

Fixed? or still annoying?

I have the same sound I think. On days when the outside temp drops below 75 and driving above 50mph get a buzzing/crackling sound from the passenger A-pillar area. Almost like crinkling plastic wrap. It goes away when it warms up. Doesn't happen at low speeds so I wonder if it's related to wind pressure on the windshield.

Was going to mention it when I take it in for maintenance or it gets colder and does it all the time. Otherwise... nothing...

handymus 09-28-2009 03:12 PM

I had the rear driver side window motor looked at and adjusted. It was "rolling" the window up slow and sounded like it was straining. All fixed.