Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   OEM Look HID's (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/50228-oem-look-hids.html)

mtunofun 11-05-2009 10:13 PM

OEM Look HID's

Look at this unique Honda Fit Review by a news station in Seattle. It takes place in a parking garage. I noticed that the headlights are HID with LED license plate lights. You can see that the lights are not in projectors yet they seem to be properly aimed.

YouTube - DRIVE Honda Fit Sport

look at 1:20 if you're lazy, but this review is not bland and by Tom Voelk who apparently gets emmys for reviewing cars lol

Virtual 11-05-2009 11:07 PM

It would have been a perfect time to test it in winter conditions outside.

neil patrick harris 11-05-2009 11:22 PM

no HID or LED. the camera's white balance is off, that's all.

Committobefit08 11-09-2009 08:29 AM

^^ +1 I agree.

Committobefit08 11-10-2009 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by mtunofun (Post 772772)
Look at this unique Honda Fit Review by a news station in Seattle. It takes place in a parking garage. I noticed that the headlights are HID with LED license plate lights. You can see that the lights are not in projectors yet they seem to be properly aimed.

YouTube - DRIVE Honda Fit Sport

look at 1:20 if you're lazy, but this review is not bland and by Tom Voelk who apparently gets emmys for reviewing cars lol

If you want a cheap HID look get some Noyka arctic white stage 1 bulbs. I have them and they are the closest look to HID's and they are cheap. ~$25. Plus the road lights up alot better than the crappy stock yellowish bulbs.

They go great with my LED Fogs and LED parking lights.

http://inlinethumb02.webshots.com/43...600x600Q85.jpg

deleonl1 11-10-2009 02:00 PM

Where did you get your bulbs, including the LEDs?

Committobefit08 11-10-2009 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by deleonl1 (Post 774452)
Where did you get your bulbs, including the LEDs?

Super Bright LEDs ? LED Lights and Accessories
Fog Running Light LEDs
Amazon.com: Nokya H4 7000k Arctic White Head Light Bulbs (Stage 1): Automotive

deleonl1 11-10-2009 04:31 PM

Thanks for the links!

epijimenez 11-17-2009 05:51 PM

did u had to change any cables so they don't get burn? or does the factory cables are ok?

Committobefit08 11-17-2009 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by epijimenez (Post 776772)
did u had to change any cables so they don't get burn? or does the factory cables are ok?

The stage 1 pull the same power as the stock bulbs so there is no need to change any cables.

If you buy the stage 2 (which pull more power) then upgrading the cables would be recommended. Risk of melting of the light housing is another risk with the stage 2's. In my opinion just buy the stage 1's they are great and plug and play.

epijimenez 11-17-2009 11:29 PM

thanks...

why did you choose to put this bulbs instead of going for the HD? Price?
If you had the money would you have gone with HID?

Committobefit08 11-18-2009 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by epijimenez (Post 776902)
thanks...

why did you choose to put this bulbs instead of going for the HD? Price?
If you had the money would you have gone with HID?

illegal and don't disperse light correctly...to name a few.
I get blinded weekly by idiots with HID aftermarket kits that don't aim theirs correctly and/or don't have projectors to disperse the light properly.

Now if an aftermarket HID projector kit comes out later...I might jump on that.
I do love HID's. Have them in my tsx and had them in my CL-S. Just a better lighting system imo.

For $25 the Nokya's are a good alternative though.

Goobers 11-18-2009 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Committobefit08 (Post 776984)

There are a number of sites and even a forum member or two (or was that at another forum?) that do the retrofits.

It ain't cheap, but until Honda officially makes a HID projector housing for the Fit, there really aren't any other aftermarket alternatives for it. Well, the reason I say it's not cheap is because I think it would be a good idea to buy a pair of OEM headlights to work on, that way, your car isn't out of commission while the headlight is being retrofitted and if you mess up, you still have a pair working in the car.

Oh, that forum user is here on FitFreak.net

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...rojectors.html

Committobefit08 11-18-2009 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Goobers (Post 776997)
There are a number of sites and even a forum member or two (or was that at another forum?) that do the retrofits.

It ain't cheap, but until Honda officially makes a HID projector housing for the Fit, there really aren't any other aftermarket alternatives for it. Well, the reason I say it's not cheap is because I think it would be a good idea to buy a pair of OEM headlights to work on, that way, your car isn't out of commission while the headlight is being retrofitted and if you mess up, you still have a pair working in the car.

Oh, that forum user is here on FitFreak.net

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...rojectors.html

Yes I was aware of this. He did an excellent retrofit. . I agree with your aftermarket statement...I'm not holding my breathe for aftermarket alternatives. That's why I'm sticking to my cheap Nokya's. I have other things I'd rather spend money on right now.

epijimenez 11-25-2009 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Committobefit08 (Post 776984)
illegal and don't disperse light correctly...to name a few.
I get blinded weekly by idiots with HID aftermarket kits that don't aim theirs correctly and/or don't have projectors to disperse the light properly.

I do love HID's. Have them in my tsx and had them in my CL-S. Just a better lighting system imo.

For $25 the Nokya's are a good alternative though.

thanks! i will go for the Nokya's for now, cause of the price :)

few questions...
Did u found any problems with the Nokya's and daytime running lights?
Are the Nokya's brighter than the original ones?
In superbrightleds.com they have 3 7443 bulbs styles, which one did u use for your brake lights?
-3Watt LX3 series: 1 x 3Watt Luxeon LED 130 degree beam
-9 x 5mm LEDs, 6 x 3mm Radially Mounted LEDs, 35 degree beam
-HP3 series: 3 x 6 chip SMD LEDs, 180 degree beam

I read the info on LED lights for cars, it seems I need to buy them in Red, is that correct? or should i go with the White ones?

little note: I had a good experience with superbrithleds.com, buying my interior lights.

teamkitty 11-25-2009 10:00 PM

i'm not sure exactly what this says, but i do see 'HID' in the description of this official honda fit accessory on honda.co.jp

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2733/...77b4c482_o.png

Committobefit08 11-27-2009 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by epijimenez (Post 779739)
thanks! i will go for the Nokya's for now, cause of the price :)

few questions...
Did u found any problems with the Nokya's and daytime running lights?
Are the Nokya's brighter than the original ones?
In superbrightleds.com they have 3 7443 bulbs styles, which one did u use for your brake lights?
-3Watt LX3 series: 1 x 3Watt Luxeon LED 130 degree beam
-9 x 5mm LEDs, 6 x 3mm Radially Mounted LEDs, 35 degree beam
-HP3 series: 3 x 6 chip SMD LEDs, 180 degree beam

I read the info on LED lights for cars, it seems I need to buy them in Red, is that correct? or should i go with the White ones?

little note: I had a good experience with superbrithleds.com, buying my interior lights.

I disabled my day time running lights so I don't know of any problems. I had PIAA lights before and ran my drl's and had no problems.
I think they are brighter mostly because it's a whiter light. They don't pull any more wattage so of course no more actually light is there but I personally think you can see more with the whiter light.
I didn't switch out my tails bulbs so sorry I can't help you with that. I have the jdm non led tails.

epijimenez 12-03-2009 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Committobefit08 (Post 780314)
I disabled my day time running lights so I don't know of any problems. I had PIAA lights before and ran my drl's and had no problems.
I think they are brighter mostly because it's a whiter light. They don't pull any more wattage so of course no more actually light is there but I personally think you can see more with the whiter light.
I didn't switch out my tails bulbs so sorry I can't help you with that. I have the jdm non led tails.

heyy!! I got my Nokyas installed today! they look awesome!! thanks :) as far from the DRL, they work just fine!! The only issue that I have (it may not even be a problem) is that i found the passenger bulb to be a little more brighter than the driver side... is not that huge of a difference, but it can be noted.. i will try tomorrow to switch them (passenger bulb to the driver bulb, and vice-versa) to see if there's any problem with the bulb or it's just me.. :S

Committobefit08 12-03-2009 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by epijimenez (Post 782930)
heyy!! I got my Nokyas installed today! they look awesome!! thanks :) as far from the DRL, they work just fine!! The only issue that I have (it may not even be a problem) is that i found the passenger bulb to be a little more brighter than the driver side... is not that huge of a difference, but it can be noted.. i will try tomorrow to switch them (passenger bulb to the driver bulb, and vice-versa) to see if there's any problem with the bulb or it's just me.. :S

Good glad your happy. That's weird though if they are different color. Mine are exactly the same. You might just have a faulty one (which it might not be really faulty..but just slightly more/less gas inside) For the cheap price you can always buy another set and use the extra set as back up.
Yea I put my drl fuse back in to see what they looked like with the Nokya's. I didn't like them. I pulled the fuse again. Whenever its a gloomy day and it looks like I might need DRL's for other cars I just flip on my LED parking lights and go on my way.

mpowerme 12-08-2009 02:58 PM

Great thread. Subscribed. I purchased the Silverstar bulbs from Autozone that say they put out 4300K in the color spectrum. They are OK but not real happy with them. Still kind of dull, especially when next to a car that has HID on the road. Bought them for the fog lights too. Silverstar is also twice the price so I'm glad to know about the Noyka's and read proof that they don't draw any more power than stock nor put out excessive heat that would risk damage to the housing.

One thing I'm still looking in to is how to remove those annoying yellow parking light bulbs. I disconnected the connector to them so they are off but they are still visable.

I had stealth bulbs already for the turn signals from another car so those are mirror finish and took away the yellow in the housing.

I was going to take out the fuse for the DRLs too since there's no way to get them to appear white during the day, always a dull yellow/orange and I would rather just not have them on.

Keeping the parking lights on once I know how to replace the bulbs may be the way to go. Maybe it's simple to remove them but I haven't really looked yet and I've had my car less than a month.