Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   Panic alarm went off randomly,...has it happened to you? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/52285-panic-alarm-went-off-randomly-has-happened-you.html)

Santiad 01-18-2010 05:38 PM

Panic alarm went off randomly,...has it happened to you?

Guys and Girls,

As I was killing time surfing some threads on this site, my panic alarm went off. Since I plays no games I went outside with my dog and a can of whup-ass only to find it just as I left it. I checked the door (locked) and turned off the alarm.

5 minutes later it went off. I turned off the alarm, went outside again, solo this time, I moved the car out the driveway and parked curbside since I have to step out soon and as I tried locking the caar with the key....nothing. I can unlock but not lock. I checked every door on the car. This happen to anyone else?

This is pretty beat...:confused: and yes this really happened!!!!

OhNineFIT 01-18-2010 05:54 PM

Was there any mods installed to your car? This somewhat happened to my sister a month or two ago. My uncle and I installed a air horn on her 06 civic and about a year and a half, the fuse blew. She couldn't even put her car into Drive! (I know right?, this is what she is telling me so don't flame me). So she took it to Honda and they told her that her fuse for her horn blew so they changed it for her and she was off.

Probably a fuse or something? I don't know. GOOD LUCK!

JDMxGE8 01-18-2010 05:58 PM

Nope. Never happened to me.

SheepNutz 01-18-2010 06:35 PM

I keep my Fit key on a keychain that has an asston of other keys on it, and sometimes I'll bend down to grab something and my Fit key will press up against another key in my pocket and set off the panic alarm, or lock/unlock my doors.

Santiad 01-18-2010 08:47 PM

thanks for the replies

thanks, i'll check the fuse tomorrow morning for the horn. for now I had to manually lock the door and hope the alarm doesn't go off tonight. I'll also take it to Honda tomorrow morning.

for the record I have the Accord horn mod. No other electrical mods.
the keys for the car weren't in my pocket when it went off.

Good night

Santiad 01-25-2010 08:21 PM

update...and more info

:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

Hey I'm back, the problem went away....

but now its back!!!

so I get to the gym, try to lock the car, and the remote wont lock the door (just unlock them). When I went to manually lock the car, I noticed the trunk light stays on until I start the engine. All other interior lights are off.

I watched for 5 minutes and it stayed on. I opened and reclosed all doors...

I looked up this problem in other cars and it is usually linked to the hatch and water getting inside.

Any ideas guys....I was on my way to honda when the problem stopped last time....this time I will make sure to go.

Thanks
David

specboy 01-25-2010 09:42 PM

have you swapped keys yet? Could it be that your key has gone bad and it needs to be replaced?

~SB

Santiad 01-25-2010 11:53 PM

More updates

So I returned home from the gym and notice that while driving all doors were closed (no door open indicator on dash). After I park and turn the car off, the trunk light goes on.

I closed the drivers door, then opened and reclosed every door including the hood of the car.

Lights stayed on...I fiddled with the trunk door and after 30 min gave up.

I want to pull a fuse to at least conserve the battery, but dont know which one to pull.

So its not the keys, and I',m pissed at the thought of my car dying overnight from some malfunctioning sensor. Also the thought of having to explain all this to Honda tomorrow is giving me a headache.

But I wanted to put this out there because it may happen to someone else. Other weird noted surrounding my locks:

It makes an occasional weird noise (whistle, beep) when I unlock all the car doors with the master lock.

Good Night:(:(:(:(:(

Santiad 01-26-2010 11:54 AM

I'm here at Honda now...the Service Advisor spent 10 minutes fiddling with the car before he agreed this was a problem.

They are looking at it now and I am passing the time digging around this website.

Peace

Santiad 01-27-2010 01:06 AM

The verdict

Some electrical connectors on the trunk locking mechanism broke sending a signal to the trunk light that it was open, prevent me from locking the door.

Warranty work, of course they wanted me to change my brakes

any aftermarket recomendations on brakes and rotors (for hard daily driving, not racing)

john21031 01-27-2010 01:19 AM

Yeah, all you described sounded like the rear hatch being open.

Santiad 01-27-2010 11:07 PM

yea I know

But the weird part was that the door open indicator on the dash wouldnt't light up unless the trunk door was truly open.:confused:

Still waiting for the part though on another note, while there they must have removed the two license plate screws I had on the bottom cuz when I left I had a crazy rattle from the plate holder. :(

Rather than bitch I went to autozone. Though I will be checking my car thoroughly after they replace the lock.

Last Honda dealership I went to opened my PS3 box I had in the trunk and jacked my Metal Gear Solid and used my cologne (smelled it when I dropped by the next day to get my ps3 out, and saw it on my passenger seat):rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:...stopped dealing with them altogether when the manager couldnt man up and take careof his own crew.

john21031 01-28-2010 12:19 AM

Yeah, I also don't like to let others "mess with" work on my car. Hope it will work out for you.

animes2k 03-14-2010 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Santiad (Post 801322)
Guys and Girls,

As I was killing time surfing some threads on this site, my panic alarm went off. Since I plays no games I went outside with my dog and a can of whup-ass only to find it just as I left it. I checked the door (locked) and turned off the alarm.

5 minutes later it went off. I turned off the alarm, went outside again, solo this time, I moved the car out the driveway and parked curbside since I have to step out soon and as I tried locking the caar with the key....nothing. I can unlock but not lock. I checked every door on the car. This happen to anyone else?

This just started happening to me. I was driving and the door open indicator seemed to be on a very slow flash. Then I couldn't lock the doors but the interior lights weren't on and the door open indicator wasn't lit (could UNlock the doors, though). I stopped at the grocery store for five minutes and I came out to the car panic alarm going off.

Unhooked the battery to reset everything. Seemed to work out okay. Then the panic alarm started going off this morning. UGH. I've checked every door multiple times but it looks like a trip to Honda is in order. I guess they can reset my MPG indicator while it's in for service.

FWIW, it's been raining a LOT this week and weekend and this problem appeared after driving in heavy rain.

hogwylde 03-15-2010 09:52 PM

1. Did a motorcycle drive by?
2. Does anybody in the area use a communications radio (CB, etc..)? I have set off many alarms when calling for my dispatcher over the radio. Just keying the mike does it.

reako 03-16-2010 12:18 AM

No issues here...

silvertardis 02-08-2014 05:26 PM

Please help I am having the same problem. When it rains my alarm goes off and the trunk light wouldn't turn off so we disconnected it manually.

It went off last night at 2 am. Twice and then wouldn't re-lock! We were worried that the trunk light would drain the new battery we just installed and so we took out the light.

How do I fix it? Replace the wires? Replace the sensor? Does anyone have a 2009 Honda Fit service manual? Any ideas of how to fix it?

Thank you...:confused:

Originally Posted by Santiad (Post 805319)
Some electrical connectors on the trunk locking mechanism broke sending a signal to the trunk light that it was open, prevent me from locking the door.

any aftermarket recomendations on brakes and rotors (for hard daily driving, not racing)

fitforsara 05-29-2014 09:37 AM

random alarm

My alarm did this this morning!

We had several cars broken into and or stolen from my neighborhood about a month ago so I started making sure I set my alarm at night. Around 5 this morning the alarm started going off and I was sure it was someone breaking in to my car! I walked out saw no-one and went back in. About 20 mins later it went off again. Surely someone wouldn't try to break in the same car twice within the same hour! Looked again and of course nobody anywhere around. Went to set the alarm again and it started again. Stopped and two mins later started again! Saw on the forums it could just be the car and was talking to mom about it and it started going off for a 5th time in an hr and a half! This time I couldn't stop the alarm with my remote until I pushed the lock and unlock buttons about 50 times. Car still locks by remote and alarm will set but it went off so many times I decided to leave it unlocked for the last hr before work. My trunk light is not on so I don't think it's the trunk fuse. I do not have an aftermarket horn or anything like that. But my headlights are out again even after the recall and I haven't done the window switch recall yet so I do already have existing wiring problems. Not sure if either of those would have anything to do with it or not. It also rained yesterday afternoon through this morning but nothing heavy as far as I know. I have a 2007 fit sport. 159,900 miles.

If anyone knows of anything it could be other than the trunk switch let me know please!

mahout 05-29-2014 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Santiad (Post 801322)
Guys and Girls,

Sure you ddn't set off alarm by leaning against something with yiour key in your pocket or just something in your pocket press against the button. Has happened here.

adamnnn 11-13-2018 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Santiad (Post 805319)

so quick question... my car did this EXACT SAME THING lol. mind me asking how much it will cost to replace? haha