Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   Door panel mouldings (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/55124-door-panel-mouldings.html)

phogroian 04-26-2010 02:13 PM

Door panel mouldings

My Honda dealer wants $600 for the door trim moldings on the 2010 Fit. I like way having a molding breaks up the space and looks good (and who knows, there is the odd chance that it might prevent a door ding) but given the price I want to look elsewhere. Has anyone tried JC Whitney or the like to make their own door trim?

Committobefit08 04-26-2010 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by phogroian (Post 846776)
My Honda dealer wants $600 for the door trim moldings on the 2010 Fit. I like way having a molding breaks up the space and looks good (and who knows, there is the odd chance that it might prevent a door ding) but given the price I want to look elsewhere. Has anyone tried JC Whitney or the like to make their own door trim?

$150 at College HIll Honda...and install them yourself.
Dealers are rip offs.

Honda Fit Accessories - Genuine 2009-2010 Honda Fit Exterior Accessories

Ref. Thread....
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-easy-diy.html

phogroian 04-26-2010 05:35 PM

Holy cow!!! My dealer (Bill Page Honda, Falls church, VA) swore up and down that it cost them over $400 for the moldings, and no way could I get more than 15% off the $600+ price on 'em. How does College Hills Honda do it?

Btrthnezr3 04-26-2010 05:42 PM

Easy...your dealer is lying.

If you feel like being a prick, print off the page from collegehills.com and take it to them.

If not, just buy the mouldings online and just tell others how dishonest that dealership was.

Koala Yummies 04-26-2010 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3 (Post 846880)
Easy...your dealer is lying.

If you feel like being a prick, print off the page from collegehills.com and take it to them.

I would do this regardless. In fact I'd get it from every online Honda parts catalog you can, here's another:

Honda Automotive Parts

4910278 001 001 MOLDING, BODY SIDE *NH578* TAFFETA WHITE 201.00 $144.72 Qty:

Then give them the middle finger, come back here, tell us what dealership it was (to steer others away), and order online anyway. :p

jzerocsk 04-27-2010 10:27 AM

Zeta Products, Inc. Quality Accessories For Today's Hottest Vehicles. - 2009 +

Zeta also have regular ($109) and wide ($150) mouldings. I have not used these personally, but I know others have used (and like) their armrest and hood deflector at least.

My local dealer has "internet only" prices that are a hair higher than College Hills or Bernardi. They say you can only get those prices if you have it shipped to you, but if you ask nicely they will actually let you get the internet price and pick up in store for a nominal fee like $5. It actually ends up being a few dollars cheaper than Bernardi/CH since the cost of "shipping" is so much less.

zetaproducts.net 04-28-2010 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by jzerocsk (Post 847214)

Zeta also have regular ($109) and wide ($150) mouldings. I have not used these personally, but I know others have used (and like) their armrest and hood deflector at least.

My local dealer has "internet only" prices that are a hair higher than College Hills or Bernardi. They say you can only get those prices if you have it shipped to you, but if you ask nicely they will actually let you get the internet price and pick up in store for a nominal fee like $5. It actually ends up being a few dollars cheaper than Bernardi/CH since the cost of "shipping" is so much less.

Our molding has a 5 year 50K warranty. We have sold many and the quality is quite good!:)

blazej 04-28-2010 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by phogroian (Post 846876)
Holy cow!!! My dealer (Bill Page Honda, Falls church, VA) swore up and down that it cost them over $400 for the moldings, and no way could I get more than 15% off the $600+ price on 'em. How does College Hills Honda do it?

That's where dealers make their money, by ripping you off on service and extras.

Keep in mind, that CHH is still making a profit.

sooznd 06-09-2010 06:33 PM

Which mouldings to get?

Originally Posted by jzerocsk (Post 847214)

Would the wider ones be more effective in preventing scratches?

Shockwave199 06-09-2010 10:41 PM

600 ballons! Yeah, I was gonna say- that's insane! If and when I get them, it will be the thin ones. They are much more sporty looking for my taste.

Dan