Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   reset TPMS? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/63786-reset-tpms.html)

canuck901 03-29-2011 08:04 PM

reset TPMS?

anyone ever try resetting your own TPMS?
I had winter tires on my fit, the sensor stayed on all winter, today I put the summer ones back on with the sensors and now the TPMS light stays on and won't go off.
Has anyone ever reset their own sensors using an ATEQ or other TPMS reset tool?

clicq 03-30-2011 03:49 PM

I use the ATEQ TPMS quickset tool and it works fine for me.

For your situation though, if you didn't do anything to the TPMS when you put on the winter tires, your car's TPMS should be fine (if I understand it, you're saying that the light was ON when you had your winter tires installed, and it's still on even after putting the summer tires on?)

You might just need to wait awhile (20 miles?), or your sensors might be sleeping -- if they're sleeping, you need to drop the PSI by 10 or 15 in the span of 10 seconds or so, then fill them back up to wake the sensors. Though, the sensors in my normal set of wheels were fine when I put them back on (took them off in late october, put them back on in early march).

If, on the other hand, you're saying the TPMS light was off with your winter tires, but on now, then I guess you had your TPMS reprogrammed for the winter tires and you'll need to put the summer wheel sensors back into the TPMS... if you use the ATEQ TPMS quickset, you need to know the sensor IDs, which you can't get for the summer wheels without yet another tool...

specboy 03-30-2011 07:56 PM

I think it is either 20 miles or 50 miles before it resets automatically. I'll find out this weekend when I put the snow tires away for the season and the stock wheels back on.

~SB

canuck901 03-31-2011 08:56 PM

i tried letting 10lbs out and putting 10lbs back in quickly, that didn't do anything. My TPMS light has been on since the winter tires and rims have been installed. NOW, my summer rims and tires are back on the TMPS will not go off. I'm taking it to the dealer next week.

Spiked Up 12-07-2014 10:37 AM

My light came out out of the blue a moth or so ago. Started up the car one day and it never went out. Checked all the pressure in each tire and all is perfect.... If anything that light it's extremely annoying. I don't have the $$ to spend on a light knowing the pressure is fine. I just want to disable that feature... ?? :mad:

DrewE 12-07-2014 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Spiked Up (Post 1281355)
My light came out out of the blue a moth or so ago. Started up the car one day and it never went out. Checked all the pressure in each tire and all is perfect.... If anything that light it's extremely annoying. I don't have the $$ to spend on a light knowing the pressure is fine. I just want to disable that feature... ?? :mad:

There's no easy way to disable it, partly because it's federally mandated safety equipment for new cars. If your Fit is still within the warranty period. take it to your dealer and they should fix it under warranty.

You are aware that there are two TPMS lights, right? The light that says "TPMS" indicates some problem with the system itself (typically a wheel sensor that's broken or has a dead battery), while the light that looks something like (_!_) means one of the tires has too low of a pressure. Adding air generally won't affect the first light.

fitfun2drive 12-08-2014 06:53 AM

ATEQ TPMS quickset tool

[QUOTE=clicq;978079]I use the ATEQ TPMS quickset tool and it works fine for me.

Can you use this tool to set 1 or 2 wheels only instead of a set of 4 each time?

Thank you.

Beelzel 11-08-2017 07:40 AM

Have you checked the pressure on the spare ??

SR14626 11-08-2017 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Beelzel (Post 1385183)

Sorry Beelzel, but this thread is almost 3 years old.

spike55_bmw 11-11-2017 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Beelzel (Post 1385183)

There's no TPMS sensor on the spare, so the low pressure (!) light will be on when you use the spare.

Waiz 11-12-2017 06:44 PM

Lol I think he figured it out

spike55_bmw 11-13-2017 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Waiz (Post 1385448)
Lol I think he figured it out

Responding to Beelzel's 2017.11.08 post about the spare. LOL