Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   2011 Fit Locks wont unlock after parked (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/67245-2011-fit-locks-wont-unlock-after-parked.html)

timemachine 09-03-2011 01:34 AM

2011 Fit Locks wont unlock after parked

Hi Guys and Gals.

I recently bought a 2011 fit sport. My parents GD3 and my sisters 2008 Civic unlocks after the car is put into park. The only one that unlocks after I put it into park is the Driver Side. Is something wrong with my locks or is there something I can press or do to make it function like my Parents Fit .

Thanks

-bee

benedictARNOLD 09-03-2011 01:50 AM

I have a '10 fit sport and I had the same "problem". I think it's a safety precaution, but I found the solution in my driver's manual.

For me, I had to close all my doors, put the key in the ignition and turn it to the "II" mark, leave it at that mark, and then hold down the unlock all doors button for 10 seconds. After 5 seconds, I heard a noise in all the doors and then at 10 seconds I heard another.

I don't know if it's the same for your car, but my guess is that it is. And if it's not, check your driver's manual!

EDIT: I just found the link to what I was telling you: http://members.cox.net/blackbeard200...ks_job_aid.pdf

Good luck!

mahout 09-03-2011 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by benedictARNOLD (Post 1029284)
I have a '10 fit sport and I had the same "problem". I think it's a safety precaution, but I found the solution in my driver's manual.

For me, I had to close all my doors, put the key in the ignition and turn it to the "II" mark, leave it at that mark, and then hold down the unlock all doors button for 10 seconds. After 5 seconds, I heard a noise in all the doors and then at 10 seconds I heard another.

I don't know if it's the same for your car, but my guess is that it is. And if it's not, check your driver's manual!

EDIT: I just found the link to what I was telling you: http://members.cox.net/blackbeard200...ks_job_aid.pdf

Good luck!

Outstanding. been hunting this for a year. Not in my shop manual or driver manual. cheers.

Steve244 09-03-2011 11:08 AM

um, page 83/85 of the owner's manual (2009)

Your vehicle has customizable
settings for the doors and tailgate to
automatically lock and unlock. There
are default settings for each of these
features. You can turn off or change
the settings for these features as
described on the following pages.

Auto Door Locking
The auto door locking feature has
three possible settings:

● The auto door locking is
deactivated all the time.
● All doors and tailgate lock
whenever you move the shift lever
out of the Park (P) position (A/T
vehicles).
● All doors and tailgate lock when
the vehicle speed reaches 9 mph
(15 km/h).
This is the default setting.

The auto door unlocking feature has
five possible settings:

● The auto door unlocking is
deactivated all the time.
● On A/T vehicles, the driver's door
unlocks when you move the shift
lever to the Park (P) position.
This is the default setting.
● All doors and tailgate unlock when
you move the shift lever to the
Park (P) position (A/T vehicles).
● The driver's door unlocks
whenever you turn the ignition
switch to the ACCESSORY (I)
position.
This is the default setting on M/T
vehicles.

● All doors and tailgate unlock
whenever you turn the ignition
switch to the ACCESSORY (I)
position.
And to belabor the point, there's this 14 page thread on the subject: Unlock my doors, please!

For complete details on how to change the default, see your owner's manual.

mahout 09-03-2011 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Steve244 (Post 1029320)
um, page 83/85 of the owner's manual (2009)

And to belabor the point, there's this 14 page thread on the subject: Unlock my doors, please!

For complete details on how to change the default, see your owner's manual.

How about 2008?

Steve244 09-03-2011 04:24 PM

A GD? I have no idea. I think I remember someone saying they were not programmable.

timemachine 09-03-2011 06:34 PM

Woot got it to work! Pulling out the key after doing the instructions did it for me.

thanks!

neteng101 09-03-2011 10:35 PM

Talk about dumb defaults - Honda really messed up with the auto lock/unlock choices. Most anyone would want ALL doors to unlock, might as well program it the way most people would want it to work.

malraux 09-04-2011 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by neteng101 (Post 1029419)
Talk about dumb defaults - Honda really messed up with the auto lock/unlock choices. Most anyone would want ALL doors to unlock, might as well program it the way most people would want it to work.

It's really hard to know what most people want and tobalance that against safety concerns.

Goobers 09-04-2011 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by neteng101 (Post 1029419)

"Most anyone"?

what is the big deal about one default setting of a door?

Just as you would complain about it being defaulted to only driver's door... other's would complain if it were defaulted to ALL doors.

oh some thing like "I'm the only one ever in my car. it's wearing out the other locks prematurely."

And as of the GE, they PROVIDE the user a way of changing it to THEIR own liking. If you CAN'T do it... then ASK someone to help!

neteng101 09-04-2011 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Goobers (Post 1029447)
oh some thing like "I'm the only one ever in my car. it's wearing out the other locks prematurely."

Was the only one in the car 90%+ of the times, and I had it unlock all doors. I also typically unlock all 4 doors manually using the remote when approaching the car (again, those 2 clicks ugh).

The Fit is the first time I've seen a car do driver's door only. :confused:

Must have been a reason why its been all doors all these years. If one's worried about wearing out locks, they might as well not drive the car, the engine's gonna get worn out too. :rolleyes:

FRAMEshift 09-04-2011 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by timemachine (Post 1029283)
Hi Guys and Gals.

I recently bought a 2011 fit sport. My parents GD3 and my sisters 2008 Civic unlocks after the car is put into park. The only one that unlocks after I put it into park is the Driver Side. Is something wrong with my locks or is there something I can press or do to make it function like my Parents Fit .

Thanks

-bee

You can set the doors for driver only or all doors. There is no setting for front doors only. This is to protect children. Check you owners manual for how to set the locks.

FLEALAMI 09-04-2011 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by neteng101 (Post 1029477)

The Fit is the first time I've seen a car do driver's door only. :confused:

If one's worried about wearing out locks, they might as well not drive the car, the engine's gonna get worn out too. :rolleyes:

How many different models of cars are made?

How many cars have you owned? Not see, but owned, unless you've own a car you probably wouldn't know how the doors are programmed.

Engine wearing out? If you can find a way for the Fit to drive without using the engine then I say yes, why not, think of all the gas you would save.

Gotta love your logic!

Flea

neteng101 09-04-2011 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by FLEALAMI (Post 1029487)
How many cars have you owned? Not see, but owned, unless you've own a car you probably wouldn't know how the doors are programmed.

Doesn't take a genius to notice how a car behaves - its bad drivers that don't take note of such things. Just about ever rental I've had behaves the same way, bunch of different American makes, which have long had auto door lock/unlock before they started appearing in Japanese cars.

Plus if you bothered reading, you'd realize this is one of the most asked questions and annoying defaults that people seem to struggle with. I think Honda has the default setting chosen wrongly in this case, as the majority of people will want it to work on all doors, not just the driver's door.

FLEALAMI 09-04-2011 03:22 PM

It doesn't take a genius to read the instructions in the owner's manual either.

As far as reading goes, I read quite a bit, why do you think I made the statement above.

Flea

malraux 09-04-2011 03:39 PM

This isn't even an owners manual thing; it's covered in the quick flip intro to the car manual.

Krimson_Cardnal 09-04-2011 04:25 PM

It was the first thing the sales guy showed me after the sale... that and how to find local radio stations. I set up the door lock thing right then and there.

neteng101 09-04-2011 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal (Post 1029536)
It was the first thing the sales guy showed me after the sale... that and how to find local radio stations. I set up the door lock thing right then and there.

Honda has been teaching them better, there was a lot of delivery issues with customization features not being clear. This was most certainly not in place when I picked up my GE8 back in the early days of the GE8.

To compound matters, all the manual tells you is how to turn off/on the auto door lock/unlock feature. It wasn't until someone had found some inside info here on FF that us early GE8 owners could program this right.

Look at the early discussions in this topic, people were confusing auto door lock/unlock for driver's door/all door's which was MISSING from our manuals!!!

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...rs-please.html

Goobers 09-04-2011 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by neteng101 (Post 1029538)
Honda has been teaching them better, there was a lot of delivery issues with customization features not being clear. This was most certainly not in place when I picked up my GE8 back in the early days of the GE8.

To compound matters, all the manual tells you is how to turn off/on the auto door lock/unlock feature. It wasn't until someone had found some inside info here on FF that us early GE8 owners could program this right.

Look at the early discussions in this topic, people were confusing auto door lock/unlock for driver's door/all door's which was MISSING from our manuals!!!

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...rs-please.html

from the 2009 owner's manual, page 86 to unlock on Park, page 87 to unlock on ignition switch.

● Until you hear another click
(after about 5 seconds) to
activate driver's door unlock
feature.

● Or, until you hear two more
clicks (after about 10 seconds)
to activate all doors and tailgate
unlock feature.

notice a difference in the two paragraphs?

Steve244 09-04-2011 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by neteng101 (Post 1029538)
To compound matters, all the manual tells you is how to turn off/on the auto door lock/unlock feature.

The manual details the five (5) different unlock modes and three (3) locking modes on pages 83-87 (2009). It's all there. With diagrams.