Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   Fit Performance Chip (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/68525-fit-performance-chip.html)

mkdw 11-08-2011 07:35 PM

Fit Performance Chip

I'm not sure if this is a repost, but i came across this tonight while wasting time on the internet. It is an aftermarket chip for the ECU. It seems cheap to me and I was wondering if anyone else has come across this and has any additional information about it. The website is very broad and has a chip for just about every make and model out there these days.

It claims a HP increase of "up" to 60. Seems a little to good to be true.

Would it be safe to say that an addition of this nature would void any Honda warranties?

HONDA FIT GF Peformance Chip

Take care!

Wanderer. 11-08-2011 07:59 PM

Scam/waste of money. Do not buy.

I think the only company who makes a legitimate chip for the GE is J's Racing. Yes it will void your warranty.

solbrothers 11-08-2011 08:04 PM

it's totally legit bro. you should totally go for it

malraux 11-08-2011 08:06 PM

This is the 2 cent resistor inside a sealed black case "chip" one right? Yeah, that's totally legit and effective.

Klasse Act 11-08-2011 08:11 PM

"Up to 60 hp".....think about it, do you really, really think there's 60 anything hiding in there:rolleyes:

Old sayings still hold true today....."if it sounds too good to be true....it probably is!"

itslex 11-09-2011 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by solbrothers (Post 1048339)

Wadda prick, not just on honda-tech I see. You know there are better ways contribute, solbrothers... that goes for you too malraux.

OP was asking a legitimate question based on his knowledge and what he found, no need to be car snobs!

kenchan 11-09-2011 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by solbrothers (Post 1048339)

^^ :rotfl: thumbsup. :D

yah, these gimmick products are all garbage. just drive your GE's stock, save your money for ur future car if you really want to go fast.

malraux 11-09-2011 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by itslex (Post 1048488)
Wadda prick, not just on honda-tech I see. You know there are better ways contribute, solbrothers... that goes for you too malraux.

OP was asking a legitimate question based on his knowledge and what he found, no need to be car snobs!

Nitpick, I was being an electronics snob. Calling a single resistor a "chip", implying that it contained either an integrated circuit or a microprocessor is insulting to anyone who has ever held a soldering iron. Charging 70 bucks for a single resistor is so far beyond ludicrous that its well into plaid.

That said, my contempt is reserved entirely for the company that makes this rip-off.

DiamondStarMonsters 11-09-2011 02:57 PM

It claims a HP increase of "up" to 60. Seems a little to good to be true.
Just a little huh? :rotfl:

They don't even have to open your ecu to install the chip?! Sign me up!

There's no way that could be a rip off.

mkdw 11-11-2011 06:39 PM

This is my kind of place. If i wasn't as sarcastic as I am, I would almost believe you guys. I definitely thought it seemed a bit odd. No way to get that drastic of HP gains for anywhere close to 70 bucks.

wetphoto 11-14-2011 10:41 PM

A performance chip for a Fit is an Oxymoron. Not designed for that. If you want performance, get one of the new Si's.