2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

How to make my Blue Raspberry less girly.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Being a chick and reading this.. made me laugh... it isnt the car it would be the driver , be confident in your whip(:

but a few mods wouldnt hurt so people dont confuse you with a female. i say go with darker parts(darker wheels, maybe aftermarket CF stuff?), and slam that thing (:

Old 08-04-2012, 06:39 AM
I think some tint and visors will do it perfect! Yeah, I guess it's just cause it's such a rare color too. I like it, I don't care what people think anymore. I got my armrest installed yesterday, anyone considering it, definitely go for it. The quality really is top notch, nice leather too.

Last edited by BlueRaspberryFit; 08-04-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:20 PM
I went with 17" black wheels, windows blacked out (to legally of course) put on a full nose mask (bra) do a lot of highway driving looks good gets compliments

Old 08-07-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm getting tint done on mine (I wanted Vortex, they didn't have it in Auto Sport, so I got my second choice black - we had all the colors for 2012 other than the orange in some for or another at the dealership... heck I could have gotten my Vortex if I dropped to base... but I really liked the paddle shifters on the AT sport)

I the the Vtech badges (ordered the night I got my fit) and the next weekend they installed Door Vents and illumination (the rest I can get from Bernardi online and do myself cheaper) Think I will splurge for a pro tint job. Still looking for a "good" windshield tint for the top... not sure what I want to put up there.

My Google Fit Gallery It's not much, but I've only had her for a week and a half!

Definitely get some good rims, some tint... do a Vtech badge and maybe some pin-striping or something in a contrasting color (Black maybe?) - you want to feel more aggressive in that color, you have got to OWN it- make it yours and show you ain't scared to be seen in Blue Raspberry (it's all you bro, I would have gone Red with those choices )

Thanks for the feedback on the armrest - I'm thinking about getting one from Bernardi and putting it in, maybe adding the leather AT selecter

Last edited by statik2083; 08-07-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:14 AM
5 Year Member
But the most important question: Have you asked out skateboard chick yet?

Old 08-08-2012, 07:47 AM
ltd
5 Year Member
Add virtual stuffs

Originally Posted by BlueRaspberryFit
Okay, first off, I only think the base looks girly in this color. When I bought this car, there were very few colors I liked for the Fit Base- Milano Red, Taffeta White, and the Blue Raspberry. The dealer didn't have the other two, so I got the Blue Raspberry. And they had no sports to make matters worse. And on top of that I was in a hurry and the idea that the base was a bit better on gas seemed like an alright sacrifice. Well I can't trade now, and since I had this car financed I probably will be stuck with it until it's payed off, but that's okay because I like it, and plan on keeping it, period. But I can't help but grin myself, as the girl who works in the shoe department always makes a joke as I drive off from work, same joke too- "There's his jolly rancher car" And she says that as she's leaves on a skateboard. So far, all I have done to this car is put some velour coverkings on the seats and in 3 days I'm getting the OEM armrest installed, thank god. But that's it so far. I plan on tinting it and tinting the tail lights, and way later on after I move out of my folks house getting all kinds of other things done to it. But I always wonder if there was something cheap I could do to get this thing looking a little less feminine, normally I don't care what others think, but even I agree this car needs something. I wonder if anyone else struggles or if there are any other males that bought this car and deal with the same thing, feel free to say whatever.
I also have Bluerapsberry, after I added Honda body side molding, pin stripe, mud guards, I had 2 men said they like the car and 1 woman also say so. It looked more muscle less soft looks.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:42 AM
I just hang my junk out the window so there is no confusion, eventually the road rash stops as the callous builds up.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by jsumislaski30
I went with 17" black wheels, windows blacked out (to legally of course) put on a full nose mask (bra) do a lot of highway driving looks good gets compliments
I never thought I'd run into you on here being another town over. I know what car you drive because I see it often. You live near by buddy on Park Street. I'm always thinking "that Fit looks awesome!" You'll often see my Fit parked in front of Marden's cause that's where I work.

Last edited by BlueRaspberryFit; 08-13-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by larrymcewin
But the most important question: Have you asked out skateboard chick yet?
Yes I finally did yesterday! I have her number and I told her how awesome the magic seats are and how soft the seats are, maybe she'd like to ride in it sometime? She said she would!

Old 08-08-2012, 11:05 AM
I wasn't able to view your Fit but I'm sure it looks sweet! Recently I got a "I love my GE8" sticker, and some Type R steering wheel inserts by TFB designs. The car is a work in progress I suppose.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by BlueRaspberryFit
But I plan on tinting it and tinting the tail lights, and way later on after I move out of my folks house getting all kinds of other things done to it. :

Anybody notice this? I think the fit is the least of your worries.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
BWHAAAA! Why do you care what girls think of your car if you have to take them back to your parent's house?

Old 08-14-2012, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
Old 08-14-2012, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
I cannot imagine a woman posting about " how to make her car look less manly"

Old 08-14-2012, 02:50 PM
5 Year Member
My 9 year old grandson said his dad said that my Miata was a girl's car, my reply to him, "when you get older and are trying to get a girlfriend you will want a car that attracts women."

Based on what your father said the Miata will be perfect.

Last edited by cjecpa; 08-14-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:59 PM
I would like my car to be aggressive looking/ or have a little masculinity to it

Old 08-14-2012, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ladylockness
I would like my car to be aggressive looking/ or have a little masculinity to it
Tinting the windows always helps

Old 08-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Dood... you're getting tag teamed... butch up

Definitely get the body molding - I want that done by end of the year...

Old 08-14-2012, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by statik2083
Dood... you're getting tag teamed... butch up

Definitely get the body molding - I want that done by end of the year...
It's all in good fun. If you really want to get a quality girl here's the step by step plan:

1) Stop worrying about the effing car. A girl may disregard you for your car, but then again even if you have a sweet car a girl like that will disregard you as soon as she figures it out you have no money to spend on her anyway.

2) Save your cash for a deposit for a studio apartment.

3) Learn to love yourself for being finacially stable rather than cool

4) Stop freaking out about what girls say/do...in fact ignore it

5) After the above steps are completed you'll be suprised when quality girls come into your life and want to see your magic seats.

6) Enjoy

Old 08-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Yeahhh, haha, I know. I'm almost 20, I should be out of there but I'm not.

Originally Posted by lowkeymods
BWHAAAA! Why do you care what girls think of your car if you have to take them back to your parent's house?

Quick Reply: How to make my Blue Raspberry less girly.