2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What do used stock FIT rims go for?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 09:20 PM
What do used stock FIT rims go for?

I've only had my base fit w/15" wheels and wheel covers 2 weeks...yet already wish I had 16" Sport Rims. Not enough to seek a set now, but I probably will be doing so when my first tires start to wear out.

I'd be happy with the stock Sport rims...so my general question:

Have those of you who upgraded their Sport rims sold the stock ones? How much have you gotten for them?

Anyone know if Honda dealers do rim upgrades before delivery, and might have deals on "take-offs"? Again, estimated price ranges?

I'm not a kid and don't like the thought of spending more on rims than I've bought vehicles for...and I've bought a lot of vehicles for around $500, and in one case a pickup for $50. (1968 Datsun, 165k miles, 1200cc engine with a knock. I paid $50 of rolled pennies, which did not endear me to my friend who sold it to me. But he won: The engine, which had a loud knock which I was about to tear down and fix, blew up 3 miles from my home...I picked up smoking hot camshaft pieces from the street! I got it back on road by installing a Nissan/Datsun forklift engine, which was a 1500.)

Anyway, back on topic: I'd like to hear what you sold (or bought) used Fit Sport rims for, so I'll know whether to lust for or suppress my thoughts of them.

Paul H

Old 08-22-2012, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
I can't give you a number, but I will say that when you go shopping online there will be a bunch of stolen wheels for sale. Those will seem like good deals. Well of course they will, because the seller didn't pay for them :P

Perhaps this will even be the majority (50%+) of wheels for sale. 4-lug wheels like ours fit 1990s Civics etc, putting them in an interesting market for used wheels. I haven't seen a lot of owners list their stock wheels for sale. I'm sure there are some. When I owned a del Sol I used to ask aftermarket-wheel Fit owners if they still had their wheels; most didn't. I ended up buying Civic Hybrid wheels (which were 4-lug alloys and gave me the "H" badge I wanted). IF a member on here has just taken off their stock wheels for something else, that is probably the absolute best way to get wheels in good condition, legitimately, for a reasonable price.

That doesn't directly address your question, but hopefully this is some useful information. I'm old enough to know people do what they feel like, and you can make whatever decisions you think are appropriate based on it

Regarding dealers, selling wheel upgrades varies by location within the US; rare up here in NE. You can and should ask your local dealers if they do it and what they do with the wheels; you'll have to call back regularly but you might turn up some.

Last, if you're thinking that stock Honda wheels are maybe more affordable than aftermarket, I actually think that is not true - you can find spiffy aftermarket wheels on offer at a lower price than stock. I prefer stock but I am not going to claim there are no good looking aftermarket options

Old 08-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Thanks for your thoughts...I too like the look of many stock wheels over aftermarket, but more importantly I went through all the offset and clearence issues I ever want to deal with when modifying a series of Samurai's for hard core 4 wheeling years back.

I had assumed that take-offs (either by dealers, shops, or owners) would be available for a song...at least that was my wishful thinking.

Probably when I decide to really do this I'll hunt Pick-N-Pull junkyards for Hondas with the right sized wheels. When I was severely limited in funds (3 kids in college at same time) I couldn't afford new tires...and the junkyard I grew to know way too well would sell 4 used tires and rims for $50...less than one new tire. By the time I stopped I had way too many rim sets with threadbare tires around the side of the house...I think 16 rims. I made it a condition of the sale when I sold my offroad cars that the buyer HAD to take them all before he could take the 3 cars he was buying!

You've given plenty of food for thought, which is what I was seeking, thanks!
Paul H

Originally Posted by fujisawa
I can't give you a number, but I will say that when you go shopping online there will be a bunch of stolen wheels for sale. Those will seem like good deals. Well of course they will, because the seller didn't pay for them :P

Perhaps this will even be the majority (50%+) of wheels for sale. 4-lug wheels like ours fit 1990s Civics etc, putting them in an interesting market for used wheels. I haven't seen a lot of owners list their stock wheels for sale. I'm sure there are some. When I owned a del Sol I used to ask aftermarket-wheel Fit owners if they still had their wheels; most didn't. I ended up buying Civic Hybrid wheels (which were 4-lug alloys and gave me the "H" badge I wanted). IF a member on here has just taken off their stock wheels for something else, that is probably the absolute best way to get wheels in good condition, legitimately, for a reasonable price.

That doesn't directly address your question, but hopefully this is some useful information. I'm old enough to know people do what they feel like, and you can make whatever decisions you think are appropriate based on it

Regarding dealers, selling wheel upgrades varies by location within the US; rare up here in NE. You can and should ask your local dealers if they do it and what they do with the wheels; you'll have to call back regularly but you might turn up some.

Last, if you're thinking that stock Honda wheels are maybe more affordable than aftermarket, I actually think that is not true - you can find spiffy aftermarket wheels on offer at a lower price than stock. I prefer stock but I am not going to claim there are no good looking aftermarket options

Old 08-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Way too much.

I'm suprised how much old OEM honda wheels go for in general though. $300 for a set of old slightly curbed Integra GSR wheels? I guess . But it's the standard.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member
your base 15" rims are basic honda steelies, just cause they are off a late model car doesnt make them special. and the wheel covers arent really of much value. fortunatly almost all old hondas were the same 4x100 bolt pattern so you have a large market out there to sell to.
the steelies, without tpms or tires go for about $75-100 max for the set since they are avaialble everywhere they dont demand much.

as a package to another fit owner or someone that can make use out of all the parts, id say $300 with tpms and tires...assumign the tires are 75% or more tread remaining.

Last edited by NIGHTHAWKSI; 08-23-2012 at 08:04 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
I don't think the OP is looking to sell his wheels for a profit. I think he's more wanting to get spiffier wheels.

To be honest this is one reason I got the Sport - I did the math and it seemed like if you were going to later upgrade at least two of the items that the non-Sport lacks, the premium for the Sport model was worth paying. There are a lot of upgrades that I valued in the Sport. All cosmetic, I'll admit - the basic car underneath is, with only a few tiny differences, the same regardless of trim level.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator
I sold my 15" sport wheels for $500 with tires

Old 08-23-2012, 05:36 PM
Thanks MNfit, that's the sort of data I was hoping to get. And at $125 ea rim+tire is quite reasonable if the tires are near new...or even half worn. But from what I'm seeing in other posts, when and if I decide to get other wheels, it seems like hitting the pick-n-pulls and seeing what are on other Hondas there is relatively safe as far as size and fitment goes. Of course the usual risks of buying such, such as hidden damage, are still there.

My guess right now is if I were to find something used in other than a plain steel wheel for around $200 or $250 for all 4, I'd do it. (Assuming they were naked and had no tires at all.) Much more than that and I'd stay with the stock base FIT wheels. Yeah, I know $250 isn't much, but that would be my comfort zone. Any more than that and I'm looking at things that do more than please me cosmetically. No matter how ugly I think the stock base level wheel covers are.

I waffled over the base versus Sport...but really had no interest in side rocker panels, paddle shifters, the fancier radio, etc (although the rear spoiler does have a certain appeal.).

When I saw the base had electrically adjustable side mirrors, that my wife and I can adjust without straining to reach the passenger mirror adjustment; and also had cruise control, I was pleased with the base. I've spent the extra $$$ the Sport would have cost me in tinting behind the B pillar, a set of Coverking leather seat covers for the 2 front seats, and that's about it so far.

I did ask the dealer how much leather would add to the cost, and he came back with $2000. So I'm spending about $300 for the two leather CoverKings for the fronts instead. And I broke down and ordered a rear bumper protector at a discount for the back. All told I'm laying out what the Sport would have run me, but with non-Sport goodies instead of the Sport ones I wasn't interested in.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
I would say somewhere in the $300 to $500 range depending on condition and tires/no tires.

I had mine listed for $400 on CL and didn't get a single hit (note: nearly flawless and with new 205/50 tires). People just don't want to pay that for OEM stuff unless they sold theirs and need to return a lease

Old 08-23-2012, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
Rear bumper protector = good Paid up for mine but the OEM solution is best there. Also recommend the cargo tray if you haul anything with regularity.

... Who sells the stock wheels off a leased car? Man, the world is full of

Old 08-23-2012, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fujisawa
Rear bumper protector = good Paid up for mine but the OEM solution is best there. Also recommend the cargo tray if you haul anything with regularity.

... Who sells the stock wheels off a leased car? Man, the world is full of
I agree. I know several people who sold their stocks to pay for the aftermarkets. Not really thinking of the future.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:28 AM
5 Year Member
I sold my 16" sport wheels with tires to a member on this site and I think it was for $500-600? They were very low mileage though.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:54 AM
5 Year Member
Old 10-12-2012, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member
If the tire were shot, I'd figure about half the cost of a new wheel.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i had my '12 wheels on sale for $650shipped (no tires no tpms). lots of viewers on the ad, but no serious takers. so it's in storage now so wont be selling it until next time i head out there which could be a while. lol.

picts in my albums page under "random shots"

Old 10-12-2012, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
i had my '12 wheels on sale for $650shipped (no tires no tpms). lots of viewers on the ad, but no serious takers. so it's in storage now so wont be selling it until next time i head out there which could be a while. lol.

picts in my albums page under "random shots"
That seems a bit pricey for '12 wheels. (even if gently used and the price shipped). i'd expect that $550 shipped might go over better as you can get some decent new wheels for under $500 shipped. Granted the OE Honda does jack the price back up a little but I doubt there will be too many that dive in at $650 shipped.

~SB

Old 10-12-2012, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by specboy
That seems a bit pricey for '12 wheels.

~SB
i dont think so, and they will remain in storage for now.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Haha well isn't that why they're not sold and instead going into storage?

Asking $650 for stock wheels w/o tires is pretty high. I feel bad for any sucker who might agree to pay that much.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
If it had Tires with 75% tread left, $650 wouldn't be bad but without some other sort of incentive (like Tires or TPMS), it'll be a really tough sell. Your best bet would be to put them up on ebay at that price sooner than later since the replicas haven't yet made it to ebay. the 2019-2011 replicas are on ebay for just over $100 new. As soon as they make it to ebay, the OE Honda wheel prices will never sell at that rate.

Best of luck with selling them. you might be ale to get that price selling them individually as often times people curb a single wheel (or side) and are looking to replace just one or two.

(side note - I worked for a Dot.Com that went under in the early '00s and they kept me on to sell off the assets. They asked too much for much of the equipment and wouldn't consider taking less. Most of it never sold and when the company was officially dissolved, I ended up with the storage unit full of servers (about 25). Sadly, I still have about 7 or 8 compaq Proliant rackmount servers in my basement that I am going to gut and turn in for scrap metal.)

~SB

Last edited by specboy; 10-13-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
the ad was going for 500local/650 shipped minus any extra's in freight. and no these are no longer for sale.

im not scraping for cash. the reason why i put them up for sale is there were interest and coincidentally i dont like the '12 sport wheels. so i took picts, prepared boxes even, and put them up for sale to help someone who wanted them. well, no takers so went to storage where it will stay there until the day i sell the car. dealers like factory bits so no big deal.

this is not expensive at all considering these have only like 100miles on them and what it could cost if you bought these from the dealer. this is the latest design from honda so it's not outdated or anything like some server from 2000. lol

imho, some of you are just lowballing and expecting too much for too little. getting hand fed by mom too long or something. hahaha

pay if you want play. that is just part of modding a car. (well, that's if you want to call getting standard stock boring wheels a "mod").

Quick Reply: What do used stock FIT rims go for?