Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   What are your 2013 plans for your GE8? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/76020-what-your-2013-plans-your-ge8.html)

xxryu139xx 01-01-2013 12:39 AM

What are your 2013 plans for your GE8?

Happy New Year, Everyone! The new year is here and what mods do u plan on getting this year?

I'll start with my tentative goals for my 12 Sport:

Subs and amp
HKS Hi-Power Exhaust
Topfuel Powerchamber Type II Intake
Fit Shuttle Mugen Grill
Fit Shuttle Mugen front half spoiler
USDM Mugen Rear Bumper Spoiler

KCTitan 01-01-2013 01:19 AM

Not going to be doing much to my GE8.

She's going to be traded up for a Civic Si or CR-Z by the end of this (2013) year. ;)

cjecpa 01-01-2013 01:31 AM

Order this week for my 12 Fit:

STI LIP
Progress RSB
Clazzio Seat Cover arriving 02.2013

On the list:
Coilovers
Tint
17x7 wheels

hayden 01-01-2013 03:16 AM

Still in the mail, so technically, for next year:
Custom shift boot
More carbon trim
Honda center caps with a custom treatment for the rotas

Planned:
Brake improvements
Clazzios
JDP carbon rear
Camber bolts
CR-Z shield
Nice lugs

The following year:
Get an old 540i, 9-5, ML350, LS, or Volvo wagon and keep the fit.

Coilovers

Double din HU to keep the car's infotainment system up to par with whatever new gizmos or services enter out lives between now and then.

Open up the rest of the exhaust (loud)
Tune it somehow, or boost it and add an LSD, clutch, other reinforcements.

After that:
bracing
very grippy tires for nice days only
join one of the local tracks that is a really good value and go whenever I want

How the hell did central texas get 3 amazing road race tracks to play on? Well, the F1 track may be a bit hard to gain access to, especially considering they've said that track days are no longer a part of their business model.

Black3sr 01-01-2013 06:43 AM

Maybe a Progress RSB. Sort out the vibration in one of my Grams.

Other than that drive it. It will need oil and filter sometime this year.

mkane 01-01-2013 08:44 AM

Auto X only wheels/rubber
Swift springs

krunk13 01-01-2013 10:44 AM

license plate relocator
df210's
Double-din headunit
Clazzio seat covers

Protagonist 01-02-2013 07:13 PM

Take it my local RV dealer to get it set up for flat-towing behind an RV. Means taking off the nose, front bumper, and bumper supports, adding new bumper supports that include sockets for removable towbar baseplates, and reassembling. Adding towing lights alongside the brake lights in the same taillight housing. Adding supplemental braking system, with controller under the driver's seat.

Except for two sockets under the front bumper that are flush with the lower grille, and an electrical socket where the wiring from the motorhome plugs in, also under the front bumper, there will be no visible indicators that it's towing-capable.

My RV is small, a Sprinter van conversion by Airstream, so I don't really need to tow a car behind when I go camping. But I live along the Gulf Coast, and when I evacuate for a hurricane, it sure will be nice to be able to take both vehicles, and not have to leave one behind at the mercy of the storm.

Wafulz 01-02-2013 07:21 PM

Order my hood bra rear mudflaps red h emblems get 195/50/16 DWS lower my coilovers a lil more get SMD led interior kit

jazzivtec 01-02-2013 09:51 PM

dvd indash
spoon street type exhaust
spoon lip
rear diffuser

Black3sr 01-03-2013 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Protagonist (Post 1155250)
Take it my local RV dealer to get it set up for flat-towing behind an RV. Means taking off the nose, front bumper, and bumper supports, adding new bumper supports that include sockets for removable towbar baseplates, and reassembling. Adding towing lights alongside the brake lights in the same taillight housing. Adding supplemental braking system, with controller under the driver's seat.

Except for two sockets under the front bumper that are flush with the lower grille, and an electrical socket where the wiring from the motorhome plugs in, also under the front bumper, there will be no visible indicators that it's towing-capable.

My RV is small, a Sprinter van conversion by Airstream, so I don't really need to tow a car behind when I go camping. But I live along the Gulf Coast, and when I evacuate for a hurricane, it sure will be nice to be able to take both vehicles, and not have to leave one behind at the mercy of the storm.

Do a search on here. Someone did an install in the past year and described it.

Bama3Dr 01-03-2013 09:37 AM

My list is pretty modest:

- Clazzio PVC seat covers
- PRM intake
- Kumho Ecsta 4X 205/50/R16 once the stock Dunlops wear out
- Progress Rear Sway Bar and Swift Springs (maybe, I want to see how much difference the new 205 size tires make first)
- Tow hitch and wiring harness so I can pull some lightweight trailers

-Dustin

hayden 01-03-2013 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bama3Dr (Post 1155321)
- Progress Rear Sway Bar and Swift Springs (maybe, I want to see how much difference the new 205 size tires make first)

They will make a big difference, but after running them on the stock wheels, and now on a wider aftermarket one, I'd recommend getting wheels and tires at the same time. The car doesn't roll over the sidewalls as much. More pressure with the stock wheels might help, but I don't like the ride quality on 40+ psi like some people. Right now, the car will just turn and turn and turn. It has to get real bent out of shape before control is lost on low speed corners now.

JazzITup85 01-03-2013 11:43 AM

2009 Fit Sport a/t
2013 plans
Eibach front camber bolts
T1R B-pipe
Either tires or auto-x tires & wheels
Alot of seat time this year.
2013-2014
paint job

Bama3Dr 01-03-2013 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by hayden (Post 1155333)
They will make a big difference, but after running them on the stock wheels, and now on a wider aftermarket one, I'd recommend getting wheels and tires at the same time. The car doesn't roll over the sidewalls as much. More pressure with the stock wheels might help, but I don't like the ride quality on 40+ psi like some people. Right now, the car will just turn and turn and turn. It has to get real bent out of shape before control is lost on low speed corners now.

I'll think about that, but the problem is I just don't think I like the looks of anything I've seen better than the stock rims.

-Dustin

hayden 01-03-2013 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bama3Dr (Post 1155336)
I'll think about that, but the problem is I just don't think I like the looks of anything I've seen better than the stock rims.

-Dustin

I hear ya. I was intending to stay with a very clean oem+ look, but gave in to the mod gods. Have you looked at any of the stock wheels that come on the Mini Coopers? They are a 6.5 wide high offset fitment, and can probably accommodate some different center caps. I think the 17" ones look awesome, and have that oem quality and familiarity on the road, so they don't stand out. Some people will just think it's a Mini, if lowered. :)

Protagonist 01-05-2013 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Black3sr (Post 1155313)
Do a search on here. Someone did an install in the past year and described it.

Thread name "Outfitting 2012 Fit for towing behind motorhome".

Thanks. I actually found the thread on my very first visit to FitFreak, before I joined the forum and before I bought my Fit. I was doing my research regarding the feasibility of towing one, in advance. Nevertheless, I appreciated your response.

Black3sr 01-06-2013 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Protagonist (Post 1155734)
Thread name "Outfitting 2012 Fit for towing behind motorhome".

Thanks. I actually found the thread on my very first visit to FitFreak, before I joined the forum and before I bought my Fit. I was doing my research regarding the feasibility of towing one, in advance. Nevertheless, I appreciated your response.

Your are welcome

bill

nikita 01-07-2013 05:02 PM

Trailer hitch as soon as the warranty expires (May)
Maybe a rear sway bar

jazzivtec 01-07-2013 06:12 PM

SRI and Axle back exhaust... for the meantime